It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping to Understand Spiritual Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Questionaire[/url]I know there are a lot of people here at ATS who are not religious and well i would like to talk to you.

My sister has a friend who is doing her fourth year of Psychology. She has a thesis and needs to get 100 surveys in for Understanding Spiritual Experiences. It's worth 80% of her marks for the entire year and will impact her life further in the field of psychology. She currently has about 22... And she needs to have 100 by nexy Monday 10th of September 2007, Australia time. Thats Sunday 9th September, for you Americans ;-P

Pretty much is what i'm asking is if anyone here would like to fill out a survey to help psychologists Understand Spiritual Experiences.

So i created a web page about it Understanding Spiritual Experiences

All you need to do is fill out a questionaire and send it to her via email with your full name as the subject line (which means you give consent for them to use your experiences for this psychology study).

Here's a link to the Questionaire:
Questionaire

HEre's a link to the Consent Form for reading:Consent Form

Here's a link to the Info Letter: Info Letter

So anyways, whether you will in the questionaire (which i hope you do), or not, i'd still like to know what sort of spiritual experiences you have had if you want ;-P

Anyways mine is below (i'd really like to hear some feedback, and perhaps your own spiritual experiences/thoughts?):

Please describe any experience that may have touched you spiritual, mentioning as many details of this experience as you can.
I was reading a scientific experiment where the results of a REG (Random Event Generator) became not so random. Pretty much what this REG does is create two states. Either a yes or a no. A 1 or a 0. One or the other. Randomly. The few million results get recorded to show that it is random and acting randomly. Add a human being consciously thinking and wanting the REG to change from being random to being more towards one state, such as a yes instead of a no, or a 1 instead of a 0. And these “random events” are not so random anymore. They lean more to the side the person is consciously thinking of. By pure conscious will a random event has been changed. What it means is that conscious thought can actually have an effect on physical reality (even if its just a little). To change physical reality by pure thought alone. I found it to be astounding. It’s like trying by pure thought to will a gold nugget into existence into the palm of your hand. It lead me to doing some research on what we know to be reality, which lead me on to quantum physics. It pretty much tells you what we consider physical reality really isn’t physical at all. When you get down to the smallest bits of what is considered matter (ie, electrons, quarks), you really find out that so called matter is really popping in and out of existence all the time. They can be here and there, or this and that all at the same time. They can exist in one state, and exist in another state at the same time. If you were to shoot an electron (a so called tiny piece of matter) out of a gun at a piece of paper that has two slits down it, you will find that that one single electron will somehow go through both slits, interfere with itself, as it is in a wave of possible locations all at the same time. It’s a big load of possibilities (if there weren’t these possibilities the sun literally wouldn’t shine). But if you were to try to measure which slit that one single electron goes through, it would only end up going through one, not both. Scientists have worked out that if I were to push on a wall, eventually I would push through that physical wall and appear on the other side, and the wall would still be there (The odds are that I’d have to wait around for pretty much eternity though). I’d pretty much pop out of existence and appear on the other side. It’s a possibility albeit a very small one. Then there’s entanglement. If you make two electrons at the same time, they are entangled, connected, do something to one of them, the other one reacts instantly (even if it were to be on the other side of the universe, it would be instant). Either information is moving infinitely fast, or the two electrons are still connected, they are entangled, and since everything was entangled at the moment of the big bang, that means that everything is still touching. Space is just the construct that gives the illusion that there are separate objects. Then you get into string theory which tells you that the smallest objects we have ever seen are made up of little vibrating strings of energy a few billion times smaller than what we can physically see through powerful electron microscopes. When it comes down to the mathematics of it, these little strings of energy MUST exist in Eleven dimensions. Now when you start having a look at dimensions and get up the dimensional ladder, ie. We are in the 3rd dimension, the 4th dimension adds time, etc. Well when you get up to the 10th dimension, What it includes is pretty much everything. Access to all the possible timelines, in all the possible universes, parallel or not parallel, that are the same as ours, or governed by different rules than ours, since the inception of the big bang (or by something completely different). If the smallest parts that make up everything in the universe, exist in eleven dimensions, which is to say everything, every possible time, every possible universe, ever, and we are made up of this stuff, and everything in the universe is, it feels to me that everything is connected. It seems crazy, but this is high notch science. Oh, and scientists have worked out that people CAN see the future (even if it’s just on the subconscious level) ;-P (So I guess Question 7. I seem to have a ‘sixth sense’ that sometimes allows me to know what is going to happen.) could be considered true....

------------------

So any help would be appreciated. Any views and comments would be too.

Anyways. Plesae fill out the questionaire and send it to her.

I'll try and get you results of the thesis / study if i can. I am truely interested what the results will be. Anyways. Thank you

[edit on 2-9-2007 by DaRAGE]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just asking for a bit of help for a psychology student. I'll find out what the conclusion of the study is for you all...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As much as I'd like the help, the first question would take me a few hours.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Actually it took me a while too....

It took my sister 5 minutes.

It took my sister 45 mins to do the questionaire in total.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
DaRage...

Hey man, I'm doing the survey right now, haha, yeah like saint4god, part one is going to take me a while, and I have other things to worry about, so I'll post up the other parts in a bit, and post up the essay later.

But man, some of the self-scales are so hard to answer, lol like this one "I often seem to be wanting something."

I mean to a normal person i'll be materialistic, to an activist i'd be something like freedom for tibet. So its kind of hard to really read the intention of the person.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i had intentions to do your questionnaire

but after the interminally long time to link to the questions

then the insert box about Microsoft customer service experience....

i immediately ABORTED the whole mess...
a 480K file size does not take minutes to upload...

so i Believe there's something STINKY about this Pfish,
& No Thanks,,,, i won't be doing that stuff again, even from a ATS
member that's been on the forum for some time

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
St Udio

What are you talking about? Are you sure it wasn't just your internet acting up? I downloaded the file fine, it took me less than 3-4 seconds.

Anyways, Hey DaRage...I might have to send it to you this weekend, I finished most of the self-assessment part, and thought I saved it, well apparently I didn't, I couldn't find it anywhere, so yeah...next week. I'll do it for the love of Australia!!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i had intentions to do your questionnaire

but after the interminally long time to link to the questions

then the insert box about Microsoft customer service experience....

i immediately ABORTED the whole mess...
a 480K file size does not take minutes to upload...

so i Believe there's something STINKY about this Pfish,
& No Thanks,,,, i won't be doing that stuff again, even from a ATS
member that's been on the forum for some time

d00d what are you talking about? It must either be your net or computer that somethings gone wrong. Those files are plain and simple .doc and .pdf's. I've used them. My sis has used them. Virus scan them if you want, i dont really care. I'm just helping a friend of my sisters to try to finish a psychology thesis. The site that the files are hosted is a google website that i made using googles quick web page creator that is in beta stage testing...

There is nothing sus about those files. And if there is, then my computer must be infected with a virus or something. But not that i know of. *keeps fingers crossed*.

Thanks SkyBlueff0. Man i cant believe you didn't save the file. What a bummer. Anywyas she relaly needs the questionaire filled out by next monday aussietime the latest. ;-P

Anyways. Thanks guys and girls.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Paranoia on ATS? No way!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah it's so totlaly unexpected to find paranoid people on ATS. It's just a conspiracy website, duh.

top topics

join