It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Delegates prevented from vote in Texas straw poll

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

Shots, it is not a phony letter. It is a printout from an online purchase. The only words and phrases covered up are:

I realize that however the OP I believe in the video stated a letter although I could be mistaken. (The issue here is not what the documnent was called it is just the content) He also stated there was an issue regarding what they wore however on another forum one individual posted a completely different paragraph then the one shown in his screen shot. Another poster on the other forum also states there were no issues regarding the clothes so it appears that one of them is being less then honest here. Why I have no idea, but it certainly was done in bad taste for whatever reason they did it.

[edit on 9/2/2007 by shots]

[edit on 9/2/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think this is a warning to all who support "dark horse candidates" to get involved in the party process EARLY. You can't support your candidate in the political machine if you're an outsider. You have to be in the party folds to make an impact.

This is what worries me...

How many of those supporters do you think are even registered as Republicans? You can't exactly win a Republican Primary if all your supporters can do is stand around outside the polling station and hold signs.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I completely understand your interpretation. It makes complete sense. However, so does another interpretation. The document states at least two times that it is in reference to preregistration. I interpret that to mean that there would not have been a registration process for those folks to take part in. They had registered online in advance. After all, that's what preregistration means. The only thing left to do would have been for them to pick up their credentials and tickets. Of course, that could be interpreted as completing registration. However, the document expresses, "Thanks for Pre-Registering!" In my view, they should have been let in to pick up their credentials and tickets at the time that they arrived. The document does not make mention of continuing the registration process on the day of the event. It only makes mention to "receive credentials at registration." Obviously, that document does not communicate effectively. To do so it would have needed to include the time that on-site registration began. And even then it still would have been loaded with contradiction just as it appears in the video.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And even then it still would have been loaded with contradiction just as it appears in the video.

And right now you're contradicting the man you're supporting. The Ron Paul campaign was PLEASED with the outcome of the Texas Straw Poll!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What I meant was that the person purchasing the ticket should have known whether he or she was a delegate or not before purchasing the ticket. That ponying up $50.00 would be enough incentive to know whether one is eligible to attend or not. Though, I don't doubt that someone exists who can stretch that far in ignorance to make the assumption that he or she is an elected delegate without having actually been in an election. You're right, the entire delegate issue could have just been a bunch of mumbo jumbo to many or all of the folks who were turned away.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

And even then it still would have been loaded with contradiction just as it appears in the video.

And right now you're contradicting the man you're supporting. The Ron Paul campaign was PLEASED with the outcome of the Texas Straw Poll!

Huh? I think you're not on the same page as I am. I'm talking about a document that appeared in the video in the OP. How am I contradicting Ron Paul by addressing a badly written document issued to some folks who turned out to cast votes for him?

I read your post reporting Ron Paul's impressions with the straw poll. Though, I was in a conversation that preceded your post. Actually, Ron Paul, himself or the candidate, has very little to do with the discussion I'm involved in.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

I will admit that after seven pages of people essentially saying the same thing over and over again, I begin to skim. But if you're argument isn't that Ron Paul supporters were disenfranchised in some way at an event that the Ron Paul campaign was pleased with, my mistake.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

I just got this email through the Ron Paul Meetup group

From the Ron Paul granny warriors

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Texas Straw Poll
Date: Sun, September 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Granny Warrior News
Fort Worth Straw Poll
A word of caution: This is going to be a long message and will probably take a while to load as there are many photos in here along with a lot of personal ranting: Yes Ranting, the Straw Poll was set up and as crooked as any political action I have seen in years, after 50 years of being a Republican I can honestly say I am ashamed of my association with that group. This Poll has all the earmarks of a Fascist Regime and a staged event to discredit only one man. Ron Paul. His people from San Antonio had registered online and gotten a receipt saying registration at 10 AM. The busload was there but the registrars grabed their paper work and left the tables at exactly 10 AM saying the registration ENDED at 10. They refused to allow that busload of folks into the voting area. YET... just a few moments later another group showed up that were not Paul supporters and were ushered in by the back door. Yes that was documented and photographed. Gov. Rick Perry had the audacity to say via video ( too chicken to appear in person) that Texas has no candidate in the presidential race ! who the hell does he think Ron Paul is?
The speakers were all pro war, seems like if you don't want to stay there and keep on dying for the Bush empire you are not a good American and do not support our troups. Well folks I support our troups enough I want them to come home and quit dying for Profit for the powers that be. To fight a war is one thing to be caretakers for the profit of the elite is quite another. I am truly ashamed to say I am a Republican. It is time to quit voting and supporting a party but look at the man, check his background and voting record, who has he aligned himself with, how many times has he changed his stance on a bill or vote? There is only one that has a solid 20 year record with no flip floping, never took any lobby money, never been bought by corporations and has stated many times his platform. NEVER CHANGES... To see the video of the actual supporters being turned away from voting at this straw poll watch this: www.youtube.com...
Stop worrying about being a Democrat or Republican or Libertarian.. Simply vote the man, vote American. Vote for our Constitution, Vote for our Freedom and Soverign Nation not a North American Union as is being planned by Fred Thompson and his fellow CFR members, who by the way most of the candidates belon g to except Dr. Paul.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by acmeartifacts]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PistolPete

My argument is about the circumstances that seemed to surround the "disenfranchised voters". I'm not so sure they were disenfranchised. At first glance it seemed that way, but it certainly seems less so now that I've had a healthy discussion with some folks. I am, however, concerned about the treatment of the voters. Someone should have been available to explain to them the particulars of their situation. The impression seems to be that the event organizers made the decision to allow folks to remain confused. A simple five minute explanation could have been all that was needed rectify the situation, and avoid the resulting controversy. Clearly the would-be voters needed assistance, which one would think they would have received after paying $50.00 each.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Granny Warrior News
Fort Worth Straw Poll
A word of caution: This is going to be a long message and will probably take a while to load as there are many photos in here along with a lot of personal ranting: Yes Ranting, the Straw Poll was set up and as crooked as any political action I have seen in years, after 50 years of being a Republican I can honestly say I am ashamed of my association with that group. ]

Another indication that they weren't official delegates.

If they were, they would be yelling for Richard Langlois and threatening to hang his fanny on the nearest prickly pear cactus. You see, Richard Langlois is the County Chairman of the Bexar (San Antonio's county) County Republican Party.
www.texasgop.org...

Langlois is no shrinking violet. If someone told him his officially elected delegates were being sent home, he'd be all over the party officers like a ton of bricks: www.texasgop.org...

I think that if someone emailed Richard Langlois and asked him about the delegates from San Antonio, that the list would not include any of those folks on the meetup list.

mod edit: fixed quote box

[edit on 9/3/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

WHAT??????????????????????

Read it again slowly.
Delegates were bused in from San Antonio and denied access.
What in the world are you talking about

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What kind of hot...

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Subject: Texas Straw Poll
Date: Sun, September 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Fresh off the grill, or straight out of the microwave?

I think we might be getting a bit of a cooked story here; specifically because Linda Hunnicutt, the founding "Granny Warrior" was painfully aware of who could vote in this straw poll, and that the delegates (real ones) were not going to support Ron Paul (or RuPaul for that matter).

One pervasive message we kept getting over and over is that RON PAUL can win the Straw Poll even with the odds set against him with only the delegates being able to vote. This is a bad thing really as new people have no say so and it is the older RINO's in the party that are able to cast a ballot. BUT... not many people seem to be going to the event as it is seen as just another money maker for the party with no real substance for the cost to the people going. One lady told me it just wasn't worth the money which would run their family about $800 by the time they paid the gas, hotel and food bills. So the idea now is to get as many supporters there and showing our desire for Ron for the Nomination etc. We have to make sure every one of the people who are allowed to vote know who we want them to vote for.

www.grannywarriors.com...

Emphasis mine.

I'd also like to take this moment that salute Linda, as human who is gracious enough to have the insight and fortitude to have a monkey travel with her is alright with me.

RV Monkeys, not just for seeing America anymore...

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As of now I am not supporting anyone, but this crap that is going on in the video is wrong.

Please if the OP is a member of the Ron Paul group, contact the county chair of your party and post that response here.

I would like to see the offical reasons that this was allowed to happen.

If it was a underhanded move by the GOP then there may be actions that can be taken to embarres them.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just another bunch of stupid Americans crying foul because they cannot read ENGLISH. Perhaps it was UK English and not Americanbastardised English it was written in.

They should have arrived earlier then it would have been newsworthy.

How can a non story like this trash news get front page? This just ruins any credibility this site had (if any).

These are the kind of people that cannot read flat packed furniture assembly instructions like those from Ikea.

These are the kind of people that cause arguments at check in lines because they turned up late at the airport because they couldn't read their ticket then complain about being charged for their over weight luggage again because they didn't read their baggage allowance or thought to themselves "oh we're special" we can get away with it then cry that their scales are rigged. Or the ones that think they can carry on guns to the air plane because they are a "vet" (LOL).

Typical loud mouthed super sized Americans. (The guy couldn't fit through the door and he would have a heart attack before he reached the super wide service entrance at the rear of the conference center - not to mention they would have to order out to Gate Gourmet to get more food for him - Perhaps he thought it was an "All you can eat" conference).

Notice how the planet Earth tilts and wobbles on the American side?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by JellyBeanGirl]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
I am convinced now more than ever that OUR VOTE does not count.

This country is controlled and run by cooperations.

America does not exist any more and it's a sham!

Sorry, but that video just pushed me over the edge.

I hope the fall wasn't too rough... glad to see you on the ground.

I was pushed over the edge before I ever reached voting age. A decade has passed and I have never stepped into a booth. It is a sham, a corporate illusory farce...

Plastic signs, electronic scorecards, and masses of big-media indoctriated zombies revolving around the same cash corrupted politics with roots in favor of international financier gains and the people's de facto enslavement to the grid.

Aside from Ron Paul becoming POTUS and dismantling the federal reserve, it would take a successful, popularly supported coup by a Yupik Eskimo, married to an Amish first lady with dreadlocks, before I could believe in "America" again.

Neither is happening any time soon.

Biding my time and lashing out with my tongue...

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Just thinking out loud here in reference to defending Ron Paul, but recently, a thread was opened, "Calling all ATS'ers. Wouldn't it be a good idea to consolidate under that effort, or did that thread get de-railed too badly?
I don't mean to de-rail this one, either, I just meant somewhere to consolidate efforts and get what we want. If not there, then elsewhere, anybody???

This reference was back a few pages, so maybe, I'd better clarify myself. Post-ers were talking of trying to do something positive about getting word out about the incident, as well as maybe actuall doing something concrete about it. If I got that correctly. Of course that was pages ago, now.

[edit on 9/3/2007 by janasstar]

[edit on 9/3/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The reason they showed up LATE at this time is because they wanted to try to make an issue out of a non issue to get attention but what they have done is show the world what a bunch of infamous *snip* they really are.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

"*snip*" is a swear word?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by JellyBeanGirl]

connotation
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When they deny you your right to VOTE you must take it by force. Set a example. Many men and woman have died for your rights, it is your duty as a American citizen to fight when denied rights. This really pisses me off. If this was the left we would be hearing about it on CNN every 20 seconds. Even if they tore the place apart the left would justify it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

What right would that be? There's no issue of suffrage here, there's no government involvement at all... The straw poll was organized by a small Christian AM radio station, and the GOP Party of Texas... They have every right to create and officiate their event as they see fit. The truth of the matter is that due to their rules, they had an extremely poor turnout, and as an event, it was an abject failure, right on down to the candidate that actually won.

I would implore the membership to engage in a modicum of research and reading on a topic before engaging their keyboard, and ultimately the "Post Reply" button.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Know Your Rights!

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Many men and woman have died for your rights, it is your duty as a American citizen to fight when denied rights.

It is also your duty as an American to know what your rights are, and what they aren't.

Straw polls are not primary or general elections. They have no force of law.

There is nothing in the Constitution about a "right" to crash a straw poll with unqualified delegates. And unless I missed a story about some poor, ignorant, misguided fool, nobody has died defending such a "right", either.

Suggesting violence to support fictitious, non-existent and nonsensical "rights" is about as un-American as it gets.
:shk:

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join