It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Spiders Expanding Web Empire In Texas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Millions of Spiders Expanding Web Empire In Texas.

www.nytimes.com

Scientists said they had never seen a web of this size outside of the tropics.

Thick enough in places to block out the sun along a nature trail at Lake Tawakoni State Park, near this town about 50 miles east of Dallas.

The webs emit a fetid odor, perhaps from the dead insects entwined in the silk. The web whines with the sound of insects trapped in its folds.

Communal webs usually take years to build, and this web was formed in months!

The spiders are “spreading out for sure”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I hope the spider liberation army heads straight for Crawford Texas to mess with the pRESINdent'yal ranch.

Honestly though could this new activity which is similar to tropical region spider behavior be a result of Global Warming?

Or has a new spider species been discovered?

Or did an tropical communal spider cross our border illegally and is bringing all his relatives to work here in the USA and take all the US spiders jobs!?

Or did a secret reptilian spider research center located in a D.U.M.B. have an accident resulting in the massive spider outbreak?!

Sorry guys just having a little fun at this very late hour (523am).

I love spiders. I caught a nasty creeping up my bed covers as I was winking out to sleep just last night. Now he is my pet and I feed him little insects that I catch in my room. He entertains me with his aggressive pouncing.

Cheers to Spiders!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What an amazing and spooky location.

If I were a low budget movie director, I'd be down there soaking up some awesome stock footage.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
yuck!!! those pics were i hate spiders im scared after seeing those webs i heard they are stronger than steel what if we fall in

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

I think spider web is stronger than steel by weight. As in... if the web was as thick as a steel cable, than it would be much stronger. I doubt the web would hold you if you fell in. But just to be sure....
.better throw you in. Muahahaha!

Fell the creepy crawlyness all over you and in your hair. The rapid tickle of those 8 little legs scurrying all over your skin!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This explain why i have so many spiders in my house!! They spreadin' worldwide, they found a way, the boat or something else! Arrrg

Now that i'm aware of the situation i'll get some good insecticide and regularly spray some just in case.I don't wanna wake up the morning and get trapped !

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

do you know how much i hate them yuck yuck!!! kill em all they cause me trouble had to kill a red one and seeing that pic of a web that big i wounder how big spiders get? actualy i dont want to know and i dont want to no there details of how they would crawl on me
scary stuff never going texas

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I wish I hadn't opened this thread
I feel very creeped out just walking through web- and spider-infested areas of Guild Wars - I really don't want to know giant webs are real!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the title of the tread scares me web empire we dont need spiders
they only give me trouble i have even been chased by a scorpian when will the torment end almost bit by camel spider also a rattle snake now i am looking all round my room incase one those sly ones got in and are hidding waiting for the right moment

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There are so many spiders in my room I've just given up trying to kill them.

I woke up 2 nights ago choking on one, and it wasn't the first time.
They routinely drop into my hair, which is long .... They scurry across my feet.
I'm so used to them now i just pick them up in my hand and throw them away when they get close.

One benefit , is there are NO other bugs in here....

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAllSeeing

yuck thats scary in your mouth
and you have loads and you dont do anything rule one close of entrances then destroy all spiders and homes then bag em up and bin them i hate them yuck some big red one fell behind my bed are they dangrouse?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Gah! I heard they do this in Gambia, but Texas?

If I was of a superstitious mind set, I'd say it was god's judgment on Texas for letting Dubya escape the bounds of the state and pollute the rest of the country.

But I'm not. So all I can say is, Clark, we need you.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
well its obvious that spiders are in cahoots with aliens or they are actualy aliens !!!!!
Ive never been a fan of them at all !!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Now that's a web-site!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
dont think so but i no they are scary,ugly,annoying,vicious,tricky,sly,goofy,killers and invaders never done anything good for me and now i hear webs size of houses
lucky im not in texas

funny post above ^^
i get it

[edit on 31-8-2007 by manzoor]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
would and could a spider eat a man like web him up and just eat him?
because if they make webs that big maybe its to cacth ya texans

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Already being discussed here. Please contribute to the existing thread.

Originally posted by Gools
Come on People!!!!

About to start a new thread?

BEFORE YOU POST use the search to make sure it's not already posted, or at the very least check the recent posts page to see if it's already posted!

There are way too many duplicate threads going up lately.

breath in.. breath out ... breath in.. breath out....

I've done it recently, too!
Just try to search first.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is very simple to explain. Texas has received record rainfall this year. That equals more vegetation which equals more insects which equals more spiders. I work on Lake Travis near Austin. Compared to the drought conditions we've experienced over the last 2 years, the bugs are absolutely insane. The spiders have absolutely taken over our barge and I'd rather face the thousands of spiders than the hundreds of millions of bugs they munch on. I've got one enterprising little arachnid who set himself up in front of our security camera and I've seen it catch dozens of bugs that are attracted to the security light in a single night. It's actually getting quite fat. Another one bungees and catches bugs on the fly. It absolutely wicked thing to see.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
this may be cruel
but i hate spiders

bring out the flame thrower

new topics

top topics

join