It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert advice needed - what do I do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This may sound a bit off to some here, but I figured this would be the best place to post something like this. I am in need of some real and honest help. I am looking for educated advice from anyone here on ATS who may be an expert or have working knowledge of witchcraft, black magic and the occult, more specifically curses.

I have never really believed in the occult, never been superstitious and never believed that things such as curses existed in the real world. But recent events in my life have taken place and they have all led me to believe that I am in fact cursed. I am also certain that I may know who is responsible. She is a Salvadorian national, she is practiced in the art of Santaria and she was my next door neighbor for almost two years.

My question is how do I find out for certain if I am in fact marked or cursed by this person? And what steps can I take to counter the effects (rituals, spells, do I seek the help of a psychic or some sort of shaman?) What can I do? I feel completely helpless and I am desperate to find out what the hell is going on.

Serious replies only please - I realize this sounds far fetched so those wishing to ridicule or poke fun...save your breath. I am looking for real, honest, expert advice here. I am a professional person, I am very sane, college educated and quite normal. I just need a bit of help because I am a complete novice when it comes to this type of thing. Thank you all in advance for your help and your replies, any advice would be much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is to find the space and the place back in life.

where others stood in your place, there's need of transmutation.

all should think about regaining their own place. when you feel like you're cursed this is because of your piece of place is marked by another. all should go on within to reach their final space. It's a doomsday scenarion in the coming. Battlefield Utopia.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey there Dark Legion,

I find your post very interesting and while I do not have any feedback for your questions, I sure look forward to reading the discussion that takes place in this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i think the key word you used is 'believe'. once you 'believe' you are cursed then you give it power over you and everything bad that ever happens to you always is 'it's' fault.

basically put - s*** happens and it happens to everybody at some point in their lives. sometimes lots of it happens around the same time and sometimes its once every few weeks/months/years or so. if you crash your car tomorrow then you can blame the person you suspect or you can accept that accidents happen. if someone tampered with your brakes to cause you to crash then thats an entirely different matter in that you CAN blame that person.

did anything good happen to you recently? if so, do you suspect anyone of causing that to happen also? what about when nothing happens?

the best way of dealing with this situation is to turn your back on it, walk away from it, forget it and get on with your life - the good and bad bits of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm not an expert on the subject but I will say that only you can give things such as curses power. The way I view curses and such is that they are nothing more than the power of suggestion. If you believe that black magic and curses can really have an impact in your life you are creating your own reality and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. If you view yourself as one that is in control of your own destiny you will quickly learn that if negative energy is (seemingly) focused in your direction by an external source, it will make no difference. If you don't believe in curses they are powerless.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree with Jemison. Curses are only as strong as you believe they are. If you don't give it any power or control over your life it won't have any. If you believe it's going to ruin your whole life, it will. The best suggestion I have for you is to try not to blame everything that goes wrong on the suspected curse. As hokey as it sounds, you could even verbalize every morning that there is no curse causing bad things to happen to you, your life is in your control. (Yes, I know. That sounds really hokey and goofy.) Eventually if you tell yourself that enough it will work due to the power of suggestion. Once you say it to yourself enough you will start to believe it and then the curse, whether there actually is one or not, will have no power over you.

Basically you have to take control of your life again and stop giving it power.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Curses-

In my experience, they are real. I've known more than a few people who didn't have any kind of belief in that stuff fall victim. Have things scratched into their body, got sick, became firestarters, etc... I've known of people who would cause people to feel weak and disoriented when the victim saw a reflection, in other cases I've seen whole families become sick.

Now, I will agree with the rest of the posters. You can make the curses stronger. They typically start to feed off of the victim's feel/negative emotions. As it feeds, it's effects become stronger.

As far as treating it, that's another matter altogether.

You could go to a channeler and have them channel heavenly energies into you.

You could go to a Buddhist Sorceror and have them purify you.

You could go to a Shaman and ask them to do a journey. However in order to do this you'd have to tell them everything about your belief system so they know what they're walking into.

You could go to a hermetic magician and ask them to do an angelic invocation to release the curse.

You could go to a priest and have an exorcism performed.

You could ignore the curse and let it fade and diminish in power..

You could fast, pray, meditate, practice qigong, and perform self-purification rituals until the curse is defeated.

You could ask someone to make a talisman for you to combat the power of the curse.

I could keep going on with this. The method you choose should only be performed by a competent practictioner. Not some guy who read a book and practices in his basement. If someone who does not know what they are doing attempts to remove a curse(depending on the kind and level) things could get much worse. The forces that empowered the curse at it's creation could take offense and make it worse, or take other types of action against you.

My advice: #1 try to get over the idea that you are cursed. The power of suggestion is strong. If you learn to convince yourself you're not cursed, you won't be lending power to it anymore, and it may eventually deactivate over time, or diminish in power and fade altogether.

If it is of a higher level(which does not seem to be the case) then you may definately need to seek the help of someone who knows what they are doing and has dealt with this before.

I wish you luck.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Legion

My question is how do I find out for certain if I am in fact marked or cursed by this person?

if you can be made to believe in the curse, and in the fact that you are less powerful than the other, than you are cursed.

Originally posted by Dark Legion
And what steps can I take to counter the effects (rituals, spells, do I seek the help of a psychic or some sort of shaman?) What can I do?

first, you have to get control of your.

second, you have to trust that you have the power to deal with this.

third, I always recommend visualizing a white energetic barrier around your body that keeps out negativity and ill-intention.

Belief in yourself is key here. Curses have power only if you a) are not aware that negative energies are directed at you or b) you believe them.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by jimjamjerry]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If you read the book "The Secret" (or see the movie, but the book is relatively small and a quick read), it basically describes the "law of attraction", which is the idea that what we think about (or dwell on) attracts our life circumstances.

So positive thinking attracts positive things in our lives and negative thinking attracts negative things. This seems to be fall in line with the idea that if you "think" you are cursed, then you'll attract negative things into your life.

It works on the premise that our nervous system acts as a "transmission tower" to tap into the universe to attract what you are focusing on.

The book claims that many great people over the centuries have understood how the law of attraction works and have been able to use it to their advantage successfully.

So if some "not so nice" people wish to use it against others, they may be able to do this simply by understanding how the law of attraction works and knowing that most other people do not.

You may want to look into it. Wish I could offer more assistance but good luck and let us know how things work out for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There has not been a response yet from the OP.

Let me ask: What makes you think you are cursed?

I would agree that negative thinking, paranoid thinking etc. can effect your life. That can occur in regular everyday life however, and psychologically, socially and spiritually you can definitely overwhelm your ownself. This could compound the effects of some such "curse" and it could even feed it.

I would think if someone is toying with you this is not a curse. This is just someone toying with you.

Things can happen because you are affiliated/associated with some other intrest. Like a Canadian might be associated with Canada and the Canadian interest.

Most voodoo and Santeria is fake. Like street healing. This makes it prone to being used as a cover. The "curse" could easily be your other neighbor or someone around the world. They may not even know you. Although I do not discount voodoo and Santeria categorically, why identify with these things?

I suggest, first, taking care in what you do. Second, most "curses" are a result not of very obvious torts but of things like selfishness, a failure to fullfill responsibility, violations of marriage, sex, identity and finally you may be cursed by birth through the sins of the father. Attitude is going to be negligible if such is the case.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thanks for all of the helpful responses. I apologize for taking so long to reply as I have been busy with work and have not been on for a few days. It all started in 2004 when I was living in California with a roomates of mine. My roomate was a bit of a loudmouth, he always made noise and kept late hours. The lady who lived next door was and as far as I know still is a practitioner of Santeria, it was widely known. The people on our street were fearful of her because of what everyone knew about her, everyone except my roomate.

One night he and a friend were in the yard working on a car installing a stereo, was around 11pm when they were complete and wanted to try it out. So they blasted it up to volume 10 and were being inconsiderate. They had been drinking a bit, and when the neighbor lady came outside she was not happy. She asked them to turn down the noise and gave a few choice words. Then my roomie proceeded to insult her B**** this an F you and he told her to shut the F up and go inside. The next day he went out to go to work and she met him in the yard irrate and they went at it again. She went around telling neighbors that he was selling drugs and trying to get him evicted, which was pretty messed up on her part.

As retaliation for what she did, my rommate proceeds to call child protective services and reported her for leaving her 11 year old son home alone because she had to work long hours and probably couldnt afford a sitter. Well long story short, she almost lost custody of both of her children, and through some source she found out that he had been the one who called. The next day we found some strange paper mache looking doll on our front step. We asked my other friend who lived across the street what he thought it was, he showed it to his grandmother, who was also Salvadorian, and she freaked out and proceeded to explain that we had a black spell cast over our home and that bad would come to all of us now. She was emphatic that this was very real and refused to even let us bring the item into her home. I didnt really put much stock into it at the time.

That was 2005, shortly after I moved to the east coast for a new job.

Since then -

My mother died at 58 from sudden heart failure..perfectly healthy before hand.

My father, 61 and strong as an ox, died from a sudden "heat stroke" while sitting in an air conditioned house??

My dog died from some bizzarre canine cancer, again completely healthy, had just gone to the vet for a checkup

I was hospitalized twice...once with a gangrenous appendix, the other with a liver disorder (never was even in the hospital before this)

I have worked for four, count four companies that have closed down, kaput, gone

My fiance of four years left me with little or no explanation

I have been audited twice by the IRS to the tune of $23,000 in undiscovered tax issues

I am constantly down and sad and get virtually no enjoyment from life anymore, where as I used to be naturally cheerful and happy go lucky, sort of like a dark cloud hanging over me

I have horrible bizarre nightmares at least three times a week that I wake up from in terrors (never had those before this happened)

My roomate has since lost his brother to a car accident, his wife has miscarried twice, he has been homeless, he developed artheritis at the age of 31?!!? He also suffers from severe depression, even though he never did before, and those are only the things I know about.

Say what you want, but seems to me like I am reaping more than my fair share of misfortune. I realize life is full of hardships and everyone has their burdens to bear, but I challenge any of you to match or beat this laundry list of horrors. Now You tell me, am I cursed or am I imagining it?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Legion

I agree with TheGreySwordsman, though with less words.

Seek a holy person of your faith and ask their advice and help. There is little else we can tell you to do over the internet. We could give you cleansing rituals, etc, but if it really is something serious(which it may not be, not trying to freak you out) see a holy person in person for their advice.

Vas

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've honestly never heard of Santeria in any detail before so I can't offer anything specific. It appears to be a mix between an older voodoo-like religion and catholocism.

I guess I would recommend going back and talking to the original lady if she is still there, apologizing for what happened, that you were not directly involved with the noise and it was your friend, etc. If she isn't around or you don't have the guts to do that, I would try to find another practitioner of Santeria and they will likely be able to explain to you what you need to do or have done to reverse it.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I would know what works, and I am going to tell you what works but chances are you are not going to be willing to follow through with this because it entails a radical shift in attention.

you can dis-mantle the curse by completely retrieving your power/attention from it. this means you would...

stop looking at it, stop analyising it, stop looking for a solution, stop reading, talking, writing about it, stop posting about it, stop believing in the curse, stop giving it importance, stop giving it meaning, stop taking it seriously, stop giving the witch any meaning or resistance whatsoever, stop researching it, stop being interested, stop labelling and evaluating it and instead look at, read about, write about, talk about, research, look into, become familiar with, learn about, post about, analyse...other things that have nothing to do with this.

why are most people unwilling to apply this solution? because they are fascinated by the drama and therefore dont really really want to get rid of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I would know what works, and I am going to tell you what works but chances are you are not going to be willing to follow through with this because it entails a radical shift in attention.

you can dis-mantle the curse by completely retrieving your power/attention from it. this means you would...

stop looking at it, stop analyising it, stop looking for a solution, stop reading, talking, writing about it, stop posting about it, stop believing in the curse, stop giving it importance, stop giving it meaning, stop taking it seriously, stop giving the witch any meaning or resistance whatsoever, stop researching it, stop being interested, stop labelling and evaluating it and instead look at, read about, write about, talk about, research, look into, become familiar with, learn about, post about, analyse...other things that have nothing to do with this.

why are most people unwilling to apply this solution? because they are fascinated by the drama and therefore dont really really want to get rid of it.

I would love to do that Sky, but easier said than done. I would do anything to just forget about it and move on, but ignoring it doesnt seem to make it go away. I want to say that I am new here and I am not looking for sympathy or attention by posting all of this, I am only looking for solutions and thought this forum would be a good way to get a better understanding of what I am dealing with. The issues I have mentioned do not fascinate me in any way, in fact they are ruining my life and making it hard to continue living in the state that I am in. I need answers, and fast.

DL

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, with the last post you did just the opposite of what I suggested. I figured you would.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Legion

Actually, going back to December of '99 I think I could come damn close to matching your laundry list. But I won't do that here for a variey of reasons. So believe it, or not.

I do think Skyfloating gave you some great advice, and you'd be wise to heed it.

Let me just ask you this - if this was in fact a curse put upon you by the neighbor lady, why was it necessary for you to actually see the doll/fetish object? Think about it. Then your neighbor's grandmother further imbued the object with even more "power" in your mind.

Here's the good news: You're a sane, professional, college educated, normal person. That puts you miles ahead of countless millions that this could have happened to.

Use what you've got. If you were a third world uneducated villager, I'd advise a spell reversal. And it would work. But you're not. So I'd advise you to reread Skyfloating's suggestion and really think about it.

And best of luck to you.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 9/5/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dark Legion, You had better practise what God said, James 4;7
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
You ask Jesus to forgive whatever you've done wrong and put yourself in God's hands. Don't even think about your neighbor until you can pray for her and forgive her.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Depression is pretty normal considering what's happened to you. You didn't have time to adjust to your mom's death before your dad died. You didn't have time to adjust to both those events when the next thing happened. Etc. etc. It piles up and becomes a crushing weight.

As for the curse... Just give it back. It's not yours, you don't own it. If she cursed everyone in the home, then she used her own energy or intent to do it. Reject her energy or intent. Perhaps you feel that what happened to your neighbor was unfair, and you think she has some right to seek revenge. It's hard to let go of something if you're taking the blame for it.

Ya gotta let go of the guilt. Then take your mental image of this curse and stamp it with "return to sender" and let it go. If you're uncomfortable with that, give it to God, the universe, or whatever you believe in; and let them take care of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Crystal healing and stones.
Personally I have always used crystals for banishing negative energies and restoring balance.
Amber is outstanding. Rose Quartz is also beneficial.
I use these in conjunction in the home perminently.
Curses, bad vibes, negative energies can all be banished and balance can be restored naturally. Consult a local stockist and gain valuable advice for your needs.
Trust me, you'll never regret it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join