It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainians Fear UFOs May Threaten Public Safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
UFOs are apparently considered to be a serious threat to public safety in Ukraine. 20-30 UFO cases are registered annually in Ukraine, and citizens are encouraged not to shoot at the UFOs.

Ukraine in Danger! UFO to Attack Us?

Unidentified flying objects (UFO) are considered to be the threat of Ukraine’s national safety! Representative official of “Anomaly centre “Zond”” Artem Bilyk made this statement.

[---]

According to ufologists, 20-30 cases with UFO are registered in Ukraine annually. But 90 percents of these cases are not confirmed. “But 10 percents of UFO are of ufologist’ interest to conduct research”, “Vovremya” quotes Artem Bilyk as saying

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They seem to take this threat seriously. I guess they must have good reasons. I wonder if anyone is missing or got sick from encounters with UFOs?

[edit on 2007/8/31 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well it's kinda refreshing to see a country taking UFOs seriously. Even if they do think of them as a threat.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think if the country is going to take all the UFOs reported in their country serious enough to claim them as some sort of a threat to the public then that country should be serious in doing what they can to capture these UFOs on film by allocating a budget to the study and filming of these UFOs so they can best determine if they actually are a threat instead of just making statements. Then to publicly report and show their findings.

To many of the "big" governments keep all findings a secret from the public.
It sure would be great if some smaller government placed some financial backing into disclosure so some of the truth to the whole phenomenon can possibly get the world disclosure snowball rolling. All the worlds Ufologists can't do it alone, the people need an elected ruler to come out and support the cause. Wishful thinking I know, but at least the Ukraine isn't afraid to say a little something other then "oh that was just a weather balloon".

Maybe this is the Ukraine's way of asking for some sort of help

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I want to believe,but it could just be a case of:
"Please,Citizens of Ukraine--do not take pot shots at our expensive secret aircraft,erm I mean UFOs!"
That said,its unlikely the Ukraine have much in the way of hi tech secret aircraft...so who knows?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Those silly Ukrainians!

Seriously though, there was a time in the US back in the day where the man would ask that you not shoot at anything in the air that is unidentified (to you). there is no need to say that kind of stuff anymore, because most people are a little more advanced than that now, and people don't look up and see UFO's every 5 seconds and clog the phone lines like they did back in the day. (I would imagine they can't clog the phone lines, as a lot of the country has no rural phone service in a lot of places there, lol, so the alternative is just to shoot, lol)

This is nothing more than less modern countries going thorough the same sort of 'ufo evolution' both socially and governmentally. It is not an indication that they know anything more than you or me about "ufo"s.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Only 20-30?

How many UFO reports are their in the USA a year?
Anyone know?

I wish i would see an article like that somewhere around here lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
While I do believe that aliens have visited us, this article, especially with no context as to why public officials are making this pronouncement now, makes me wonder if the Ukrainian gov't is trying to distract the public from the country's political turmoil by getting them to shift their attention above.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Could UFOs be amassing in Ukraine in order to stop possible nuclear warheads headed towards Europe from Russia?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
20 - 30 a year sure doesn't seem like a lot. If they are officially claiming that amount, I wonder how many they are really getting.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Let's see, of 20 to 30 cases reported a year, 10% are of "ufologist interest to conduct research."

That's 2 or 3 a year.

Seriously, I think they're more concerned with the price of eggs and "Buses to be on Rails to Exterminate Stowaways"!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I find this very easy to believe as it is and has been Russian/Ukrainian policy to shoot down any UFO violating thier air-space. Of course they will defend themselves I have even read accounts of the UFO's initiating combat with migs because of this. On occasion they manage to knock a few down too...

The alert put the military into action immediately. Two MIG 29 fighters were diverted from a routine mission, and two others were scrambled from the peninsula. The pilots were ordered to attempt to force the craft to land, and if those orders were refused, to shoot it down! Military flight commanders gave interception coordinates to the planes. They would meet with the unknown object over the Aral Sea. Speeding to the position, the MIGs had the object on their radar screens. When they reached visual range, they were shocked to see a gigantic, elongated, metallic gray object. The flight leader requested the "friend of foe" response, and gave orders for the unknown craft to fall in behind the lead MIG, and follow it to a landing. There was no response from the craft. Also, the UFO seemed unconcerned with the MIGs, which now surrounded it. The MIGs had assumed a position of 800 meters from the unknown craft. As the MIGs closed in on the craft, the pilots noticed two port holes toward the front of the object, and green symbols composed of a language unknown to any of the Russian pilots.

Russian Roulett

So, it doesnt suprize me a bit that they concider UFO's a threat to public saftey....

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No doubt keep the slugs for a deer, energy to cut wood for the heat. Let the young throw stones at the UFO's....

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The United States has been taking them extremely seriously and has recognized them as a threat as far as I am concerned. The only difference is that we keep it a huge "quiet war" that is never reported on. It's good to see that other countries are finally recognizing the threat. I mean come on. Why would they "come in peace" if they perform malicious experiments that leave the abducted person(s) literally crying with fear.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
UFOs Attacking Ukraine

Check this out! UFOs in Ukraine apparently sometimes increase radioactivity, are altering plants and animals, and pose a direct threat to witnesses...

RIA Novosti: UFOs attacking Ukraine

05/ 09/ 2007

Video

UFO sightings are up across the country. But in contrast to the politicians, no ufologist claims to have all the answers.

The Zond center for the study of anomalous phenomena claims that Ukraine has seen an increase in UFO activity over recent years. "While in the 1990s we had 10 to 15 reports a year, now their number has increased to 20-30. Most of them are accompanied by photos and videos. Witnesses understand that if they have seen something unusual in the sky they must tell researchers about it," said Artyom Bilyk, the center's learned secretary.

[---]

UFOs may pose a direct threat to witnesses' health and safety.

UFOs interacting with the environment sometimes produce distortions in biological life (altering plants and animals), increase radioactivity or electro-magnetic fields, and generate other fields of an unknown nature. Occasionally UFOs leave noticeable environment effects.

And then there's this, about a case from 1989:

An interesting case was recorded in the village of Yablunivka, Kiev Region, in 1989. "People who watched a UFO's radiant envelope felt euphoric. They were certainly under a kind of spell, and additionally they were fascinated with the sight," Bilyk said. Aside from natural sense of curiosity, an UFO can suppress human will, "freezing" witnesses in their tracks, or making them take flight in panic. Many of the reported effects of UFOs bear striking similarity to folk-tale descriptions of devils, angels, elves, gnomes, and mythical creatures.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What's that sound in video background? Gun shot? Or fireworks? And at 0:11, there is some small explosion in left corner on threes. Is that made by UFO's or it is fireworks?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dz0ni

To me it sounds like someone is shooting at the UFOs...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They should have the same attitude we do in the States.

If we dont talk about them, maybe they'll go away.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Lots of UFOs are seen over Crimea every summer. Apparently there are numerous rumours of ancient underground bases and cities. And also rumours of "gateways" to some parallel dimension...

SUMMER UFO WAVE IN CRIMEA, south of Ukraine Dr. Anton A. Anfalov, Crimean UFO Research (PDF file)

Numerous rumours circulate about ancient underground cavern bases, cities and tunnels, allegedly left from the times of "Atlantis" (that many believe used to exist in this region of Black and Azov Seas, near southern Ukraine and the Crimean peninsula, at least, part of "Atlantis"), some of which (some parts of this underground infrastructure) are still ’allegedly’ used by aliens and UFOs from time to time.

Also there are firm rumours about "gateways" or "windows" to some parallel dimension on the Ay'-Petri plateau west of the town of Yalta (where numerous UFOs are regularly observed).

top topics

join