It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Eliminates Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul had been leading the GOP Straw Poll by 50-some percent in nearly every state. Since Mr. Paul does not agree with the GOP political agenda, they decided to exclude him entirely from their polls.

Go to the GOP Straw Polls to see for yourself.

They left his name on the "Candidates List" to the right with a link to his site, but he's mysteriously disappeared from the actual ballot.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can go check out the "Past Straw Poll Results" and he's been eliminated from those stats as well. All except May 2007.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
lol... yea they did! seems some people just dont like their own.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is news to me...and very unfortunate news at that. I just started following Ron Paul and I figured someone would pull something to try to either get him out of the race or make sure he didn't win for the simple reason that he would do a lot of good for this country if elected.

Lets face it...many of the 'powers that be' would hate for this countries leaders to be anything but corrupt puppets. I would even go so far to say that in the unlikely event that he would sway the public (yes, the moronic, play dough eating public) to vote for him; there would still be a 'close' race where in the end the other guy would just barely get elected even though more people would have voted for Dr. Paul.

Basically meaning that the whole election process was a fake ploy to make the average person feel as though they had a hand in the government that is slowly caging them. Sounds crazy? It happened in 2000....

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
couldn't he take some legal action against that? anybody know the law?
has he made a public statement about that yet?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

If you are for Ron Paul and want to vote in that poll anyway:

1. Mark all candidates Unacceptable. This will record (none) as your candidate of choice.

2. Choose "5" for your commitment to your candidate.

This is the best way to rock their poll with the Ron Paul truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiltr8u
couldn't he take some legal action against that? anybody know the law?
has he made a public statement about that yet?

I'm not sure what the law about this is but I will be looking for a public statement from him.

In my mind if this gets out to the masses it will only fuel his campaign amongst those of us who truly wants a radically positive change in this country

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The rest of the field can't compete against him. They are trying to level the playing field. Come election time, a landslide victory would be only fitting. Then again, if the election is rigged and some other stooge wins, then everyone will know it.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
he reminds me of ross perot in more ways than one. i hope he doesnt do for this election as perot did. thats how we ended up with bill clinton

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
The rest of the field can't compete against him. They are trying to level the playing field. Come election time, a landslide victory would be only fitting. Then again, if the election is rigged and some other stooge wins, then everyone will know it.

I seriously wasn't going to do anything for this election including vote. Now that I have found a candidate that I actually DO want to win I'm gonna do whatever I can to get him in office.

P.S. - Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
While I like some, but certainly not all of Ron Paul's platform, and am still fairly undecided on my primary vote, you need to note that that website is by no means an official GOP website. A real GOP website, that has the results of an official party straw poll would be, for example, www.iowagop.net...

Ron Paul does well amongst webizens and bloggers, but not so much amongst the GOP as a whole - I rarely hear folks talk about him at the meetings of my county Republican club, for example. I have noticed Ron Paul has been interviewed and given much coverage on Fox News lately, though, and while some folks think it's clever to call it "Faux News", it does get the highest ratings of cable news so at least some folks are watching and his name is getting out beyond the "blogosphere" (please forgive me.)

Why they took him off that blogger-run straw poll site I have no idea, but blame GOPbloggers.org, not the GOP.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Ron Paul does well amongst webizens and bloggers, but not so much amongst the GOP as a whole - I rarely hear folks talk about him at the meetings of my county Republican club, for example.

And that's the real issue, I think. There's a lot of webchat about him among a certain group of online conservatives, but others aren't finding him as attractive as the more moderate candidates.

Why they took him off that blogger-run straw poll site I have no idea, but blame GOPbloggers.org, not the GOP.

I can think of a couple of reasons, including people coming in and re-voting for him to bump his numbers. Online polls are very suspect and not nearly as accurate as telephone surveys or direct (physical) straw polls.

I notice that he doesn't have much of an impact in those.

Blame the blogger site but not the GOP. However, I don't think he's going to make the final list of candidates.

Heck, he didn't even have much name recognition here in Texas. We do have some names that show up frequently in the local news (Kay Bailey Hutchinson) but he sure wasn't one.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I tried inquiring by email as to why he was removed, but after I tried to send it, I got a convenient little error message from their webpage.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

UPDATE: Some of you may be wondering about the absence of Ron Paul from this months straw poll. Let me explain. After my decision to include Ron Paul in the previous poll, I monitored (to the best of my ability) the efforts by Paul's online supporters. With the help of other bloggers, we discovered a sophisticated coordinated effort to spam the poll, obfuscate their actions, and even cheat the poll.

Shortly after the launch of the previous poll, I received an email from Jesse Benton, the communications director for Ron Paul's campaign. He was interested in getting information about what safeguards are used in the straw poll in order to protect it from spammers/cheaters. I made it clear that I was not about to share the details of what protections are place. His response was a bit less than amicable.

I found it very curious that someone from Ron Paul's campaign would have such an active interest in the GOP Straw Poll and specifically request such guarded details about it. This high suspect request, combined with the efforts of Paul's online supporters to spam/cheat the poll. Ron Paul has been removed from this months poll in order to provide usable data on the acceptability/unacceptability of the candidates in the race. As you may have noticed in the previous poll, people who voted for Ron Paul as their number one choice also only put Ron Paul as the only acceptable candidate -- a voting behavior not mimicked by supporters of other candidates. This made the data severely flawed and useless as a barometer -- even for an unscientific one.

www.gopbloggers.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
lol i actually voted for Ron Paul when he was still listed there! the GOP really seems to fear his influence... but hey(!) wait... wasn't there something called democracy and freedom of opinion? O_o obviously not these days...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The bottom line most of the public have no idea who Ron Paul is. This is why he's still a longshot. I think if he were given fair exposure in compariso to the other candiates, he would clean house in 2008. I mean he would be any Democrat that's out there as well.

Right now the mainstream press is basically ignoring him or refering to him as a "fringe Republican." Yes, he's a fringe Republican, fringe in that he's not a bought and paid for stooge like Guiliani or Romney. If Paul can raise his profile between now and February, he's got a chance.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

YOu're saying there was a coordinated effort by Ron Paul supporters to spam the poll and createamke it appear that Paul was winning the polls.

In other words, you're suggesting there is some sort of conspiracy?

Talk about double standards.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Email [email protected]. He is the webmaster and probably has some answers.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I personally am boycotting the entire voting system in the US until electronic voting is outlawed. I am convinced (as a floridian) that the entire system is corrupt.

I do think it would be a wonderful change for america to have someone like Ron Paul as president. I have listened to his speeches... I wouldn't be surprised if he joined us here at ATS. That is... odds Bush or Cheney would be an ATS'er 1 in a billion. Odds Ron would fit in here.... well, not sure why he hasn't signed up yet

That said... I think an important initiative that the ATS community could take on is to try to bring more "distinguished" and "credible" players in politics and professional fields that would be willing to post here using their real names and credentials. It would take ATS out of the "tinhat" and more into the real world. I think for a truly people minded politician or scientist, ATS could be a good forum to share ideas and have open minded debate.

For example... I'd love to see Jeff Master's Wonderblog from weather underground mirrored here. But I'm getting of subject.

Sri

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I personally am boycotting the entire voting system in the US until electronic voting is outlawed.

Even if we went back to paper votes, it wouldn't change the fact that the parties are always going to put John Jackson up there vs Jack Johnson. Thats not freedom of choice, thats just multiple choice, and we have to pick one of THEIR answers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join