It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Aerial Tanker Base- Brevard, N.C.- Top Secret Anti'Gravity Base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was talking to a local pilot today, very much up on current aircraft, and who assists in aircraft rescue and recovery operations and told him about my 1986 experience with a huge triangle. He didn't seem suprised and said " Of course you know there is a top secret facility in Brevard, right?". I looked it up on Google and it is listed as an " Aerial Tanker Base ", with no other info .

If anyone has any input about this facility or knows the exact location, I would be interested to know. There have been MANY reports in these mountains about strange aircraft and anomalous lights, and several anti-gravity type sightings as well, including mine. This area seems to be very popular for military flights although we hardly ever get much traffic and very few low flying aircraft.

But if there is a top secret facility in Brevard, it might explain a lot of the ssightings that have been reported over the years. Any inof much appreciated. If it turns out that there is some interest, I could mount a trip to the area and do some recon and take some pics. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That's Pope AFB IIRC. It's home to a fighter wing, and an airlift wing. It's home to the 43rd Air Wing, 23rd Fighter Group, 373rd Training Squadron, and 18th ASOG.

43rd AW flies 2 squadrons of C-130s and are the only Active Duty C-130 squadrons.

23rd Fighter Group traces its roots back to the American Volunteer Group (Flying Tigers) of WWII. They currently fly 48 A-10 aircraft in a Forward Air Controller, Search and Rescue, Close Air Support, and Interdiction missions.

I can't find much on the 373rd, except that it's Detachment 17. Most of these units actually fall under Moody AFB control, but are based at Pope.

The 18 ASOG mission during in-garrison, peacetime operations is to provide command and control of 19 geographically separated units, operational planning, weather support, joint air/ground training, contingency planning, and liaison. The 18 ASOG commander provides liaison between 9th Air Force and all sister services below the major command level. The Corps Air Liaison Officers mission is to provide on-scene advice to the Corps Commander and directly control the employment of joint and allied air power within the Corps area of operations as the representative of the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC).

www.globalsecurity.org...

In 2005 the BRAC recommended realigning Pope AFB and moving all units to Moody AFB, GA. I'm not sure where things stand now but I don't think they'd be recommending closing a base that had a super high tech top secret facility hidden on it. There are better locations for having something like that going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks much for the details..I noticed on the Goolge search that there are two other ' Aerial Tank ' bases just a very short distance away from the Brevard facility. Three such facilities in a rural and secluded area seem a bit much, but I will keep my eyes opne and keep looking. thanks again.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There are several major tanker bases along the East Coast of the US, because there are several huge fighter wings there, along with a couple of major airlift bases as well. South Carolina is home of Seymour Johnson AFB, which is home of one of the few F-15E Strike Eagle bases, as well as Charleston AFB which is home of a C-17 squadron. Dover AFB Delaware is home of the C-5 unit that transports the Presidential Motorcade around the world. Langley AFB in Virginia is home of the First Fighter Wing, which is one of the largest fighter wings in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ummmmmm, its definitely not Pope AFB. Pope is in Fayetteville, NC. Brevard is in the mountains. Only about 5 hours from each other.

And Seymore Johnson AFB is in North Carolina as well, not South Carolina...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yah, you're right. I was typing in the middle of doing a few things and got myself mixed up about Seymour Johnson. But North Carolina only has Pope and Seymour Johnson AFB, so it's gotta be one or the other. I can't get a good look at the Brevard area on Google Maps, but I don't see anything that looks big enough to be any kind of military base in the area. And only the USAF has a tanker fleet, so it would have to be a USAF base.

The only USAF base that comes up near a "Brevard" is Patrick AFB in Brevard County FL. If you search Brevard, NC the only base that comes up is Pope AFB.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, as I said, Pope is in Fayetteville, which is in eastern NC, and the town of Brevard is near Ashville, which is in the mountains. They are no where near each other.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I realize that, but you're not gonna hide a military base. So I'm thinking that there's some confusion over Brevard COUNTY in FL which has Patrick AFB, and the TOWN or Brevard, which doesn't have anything military near it. Certainly not a base that has a runway, which a tanker base would obviously require.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I live in Western NC as well. I know there is a decommissioned spy satellite communications post in Brevard NC. It's now used for space research (civilian use). I'll see if I can find info on it...Andy

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's a link to the former satellite tracking station, now used for radio astronomy...

www.pari.edu...

I wonder if this is related to what the guy told you. It was used by the NSA for a time, I think. Andy

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There is so little in brevard that there is nothing I know of out there but that old NSA station. Supposedly it has been turned over for astronomy or whatever, but surely there could be another facility there as well. The pilot I talked to seemed very reliable and was sure that there was a top secret base for aircraft at Brevard.

This is a rural and sparsely populated area and I will do some more checking but I am not done with this yet. Thanks for all the input guys.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm right down the road in Hendersonville. Might have to do some poking around up that way myself...I always thought Pisgah Forest would be a good place to hide something, but far too mountainous for much of an airstrip I would think. Andy

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Anti-gravity ships require no landing strips. The supposition I made was based on the fact that I have personally witnessed a massive triangle using anti-gravity in this area and there are MANY reports of highly anomalous aerial phenomenon around here.

It is a guess of course but the Pisgah Forest is for sure a great place to hide almost anything; remote, rugged, hardly any population and locals who are not prone to look for anything that would upset the norms. I am in the Franklin area and the Brevard area is not far away; I will dig a bit and see if I can get any more info but it seems that there is a possibility that we may have a type of base in that area that is not just for tanker support. There are two other tanker bases within a short distance from each other and three is too many for an area like this.

I will ask some local pilots to give my updates on what they see in that area; I live next to the local airport and can chat easily with the govt. pilots, mostly Forest Service and military types as well as civilain ones. More info as I get it. The fact that we get many lights in the sky here that display unusual characteristics makes me think that we may have a unique area here.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
maps.google.com...,+NC&fb=1&cid=35258230,-82710570,3895654142450610074&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

I always screw up adding links, but when I searched the google site, the Aerial Tanker Base in Brevard is located right next to the hospital!! In the center of town!! There is nothing on the satellite shots that shows anything remotely like a base; it is impossible to place a base where the map shows. Is anyone able to get the satellite photos up here? this is getting more interesting the deeper I go.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hell, the address is there and I can get directions from Yahoo...this is listed in there. Why not just roll up and see what is there? I'm curious, and I'll probably check this out in the next week or so when I have time. There are also "Aerial Tanker" bases in Arden...one at or near the Asheville airport, and another very close by. I might make a project of hitting these three sites to see what things look like on the ground. If nothing else, good way to spend a Sunday! Andy

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
uhhh, Ive been in Brevard quite a few times, there is no airbase of any kind there, and the Pisgah forest is WAY too mountainous for an airbase, someone needs to check out these bogus claims.

Also, I looked this up on google as well, the only thing that came up was this thread.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by ben94gt]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am former military and live near the the Asheville Airport. I have noticed several c-130's, chinooks, black hawks, sea knights, and even 2 offsprey in the past few months coming into the asheville airport. What I have noticed is thats very odd is the awacs aircraft that fly in knowing that they can jam signals for houndreds of miles.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The special forces have used the Asheville area for training on many occaions. In one they used my reserve unit for barracks we were not allowed to have drill that month since it was a top secret training ops. That was in 1999 or 2000. In 2004 or maybe 2005 a special forces team used several abandon and occupied buildings in the cane creek industial park, otherwised know as the old asheville airport. All the workers at the plants nearby were sent home for the weekend and the enterance to the park was closed by fletcher police department. Part of the training involved blasting music and other sound effects from blackhawks. nothing was mentioned by local law enforcment agencies, but my scanner was going crazy with the radio traffic.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The 18 ASOG mission during in-garrison, peacetime operations is to provide command and control of 19 geographically separated units, operational planning, weather support, joint air/ground training, contingency planning, and liaison. The 18 ASOG commander provides liaison between 9th Air Force and all sister services below the major command level. The Corps Air Liaison Officers mission is to provide on-scene advice to the Corps Commander and directly control the employment of joint and allied air power within the Corps area of operations as the representative of the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC).

www.globalsecurity.org...

18 ASOG has TACPs (Tactical Air Control Party). AF guys attached to Army units to call in close air support.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join