It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st civilian resistance army!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
lol. if u ever really needed to band together for protection in numbers of arms, organizing publicly on a "suspicous", at the least 'monitored', website forum like this is a sure fire way to get caught and charged in military court as a traitor to the country.

look for the recent thread about the guy getting raided by ATF agents despite breaking no laws, merely because he was collecting a large amount of bullets, and openly told people he knew (like the undercover informant im sure) that he felt that society was going to breakdown eventually and he wanted to be ready to protect his property and family and friends.

It's called Operation Disarm.

I am not affiliating myself with any group, or assisting, but just mentioning a few things.

Your first two necessities would be Che Guevara's "Guerrilla Warfare" book, and a semi-automatic rifle that takes standard NATO rounds (.223), due to the likely problem of scarce ammunition, one must use the same type as their opponent to make best use of any aquired enemy ammunition.
(So there is a point to those knockoff $400 East European AK-47 rifles that come with NATO .223 spec!)

That is all.

PS: If you're going to gather do it privately (safely)! PMs..

[edit on 9/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree with most people here. Better safe than sorry. There is nothing wrong with preparing for anything that may come.

What did the Boy Scouts terach us? "Be Prepared."

And my fellow Marines? "Adapt, Improvise and Overcome."

P.S.

Bushmasters also shoot NATO .223 and 5.56!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by JackCash]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There certainly are some over active imaginations on this site.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
if something happens i got ur back in canada,

and i cant be charged for treason.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer

You then need to organize sources of supply. Having everybody bring his / her family hunting rifle and brace of pistols works well in the movies, but in a real 'situation', you're going to need a unified set of weapons, to simplify maintenance and ammo supply. You'll also need caches of food, water, first aid gear, batteries, and other sundries too numerous to list. You'll need radio gear, and training in communications protocols.

Excellent post Bro Stormhammer

Given the ease with which radio communications can be intercepted and decrypted these days I would add that use of plain language radio communications would be highly risky. Personally I would only consider using them in an urgent tactical context. Logistical and command coms would be better secured through use of the 'one time pad' system where everything is coded with a one use code. It is complicated and time consuming but your only hope of secure comunication.

You'll need uniforms (or at the very least, badges) so that you fall under the provisions of the Geneva Conventions. You might also consider reading up on those same conventions, since abiding by them would be a really good idea.

As there is little hope that your enemy will adhere to the Geneva convention I would take a lesson from the French resistance who only openly wore FFI (French Forces of the Interior) armbands after June 6, 1944 (D-Day) until such a time as you are engaged in open conflict with an enemy it is best to remain totally covert and without leaving such an obvious means of compromise like uniforms lying about.

Education in such basic skills as map reading, wilderness survival, basic first aid, intelligence gathering, and small-unit tactics would also be very useful.

A militia which is describes in this thread is going to be best employed as a recon/sabotage unit. Camouflage is another important skill to accquire and especially anti IR camo. Even walking about can leave an observable heat trail.

Patience and keen observational skills are a must. It is no good organising a unit and sacraficing it for nothing. Pick targets that maximise your advantage and minimise the enemy's.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Almost every state in the US has a Militia unit. If you are interested in doing something for protection or security sake I suggest lokup your local Militia.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Im completely 100% with you guys. I think that things are starting to get a little out of control. When all hell breaks loose, I'll be fighting on the front lines with you guys.

BUT, you say you would like a sleeper army, a force that will go against government once it has fully corrupted. I think thats great, people need to wake up and see that their freedoms are being taken away. But by posting it here, you have no doubt alerted the government of your plans. They will be ready for you, your IP address has probably been flagged, they can trace it.

If you want to organize a force like this you will have to put it together and operate it manually, AKA, using snail mail and keeping all documents on paper, you cant use technology.

Im not saying I know more than anyone else on here about organizing a resistance, because Im only 16 and Ive never done anything like that. I am saying though, that government is able to track everything done on a computer or with a credit card. anything using modern technology can be traced by government.

and to the guy that said he would be a leader of a resistance group, I think thats fine, as long as you have experience leading. I dont want to be led by an amateur. I, on the other hand, do not believe I should be a leader, for I know how bad I am at thinking as a team.

Some are questioning others military/tactical background, so before someone questions me, I will state my own.

I have grown up around guns, I can shoot 2 inch groups at 100 yrds with an assault rifle, iron sights. I can hit roughly the same hole every time with a scope.

I have studied and practiced guerilla tactics, stealth, survival, and sniping. I can sneak up on practically anyone with little to no effort. I can identify the best spots tactically in any area very quickly.

Not that great, but better than most people my age could hold to their name...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join