It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Dec 21st, 2012. I know that the majority of you know what it is all about, the so called end times. My question is are there any groups/organizations that are forming together to survive it?

I know it seems crazy to think all hell is going to break loose, but there are far too many prophecies and signs that say that the world will enter a huge change, from comets to nuclear war and poles switching, etc..

I've got a wife, who is a teacher, and we're trying to start a family, and if 2012 does come to pass like many have feared I will do anything to join up with other survivalists to make it through.

I keep seeing on the news and reading up on new bunkers being built here and there. There are the rumors of the Denver Airport bunker, the Vatican bunker, heck even the vegetation seed storage in the arctic. I'm not an idiot to know something is about to happen here.

Is there a group where others (of sound mind and are not planning to hold a kool-aid party) are joining together with survivalists, law officers, skilled laborers, farmers, etc to create a community to survive worldly disaster?

If not, I have my own plans on how to handle survival, from using USGS maps to reading up on military survival books and studying how to handle hostiles. I just know that things would become a lot easier if there was a group of the same people to work with though.

In Xi Ci, the author Zhou Yi wrote, "If two people act as one, their strength can break iron, and their words are as sweet as orchids." Cui Hong also said in his West Qin State of 30 Countries in the Spring and Autumn Period, "A single one is easy to break, but if all unite together, they are really hard to break."

The sons of the king of the Huns were never harmonious. The king called them together, and gave each son an arrow. He told the princes to break the arrows, which they did quite easily. Then the king gave each son a bunch of arrows in turn, and told them to break it. Nobody could do it. Then the Hun king told them, "If you brothers aren't harmonious, you're just like the individual arrows, and you'll be very easily defeated by your enemies, but if you are united, then you're like the bunch of arrows, and no one can defeat you. This is the strength of harmony."

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This may sound incredibly stupid but, I don't think bunking high up on a mountain where your going to be attacked by all types of radons and such is a good idea. Build one out in the middle of Kansas or Nebraska, somewhere close by to the Presidents retreat, make sure it's at least 100 feet deep down and clear from rocks. Stock it full of mre's and beer and liquor and a bottle of those phosphate pills.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well what I'm wondering here is what catastrophic event is it that these groups would be preparing for? If they really want to prepare for something, they should start by picking out their coffins.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I personally suggest Sedona Arizona

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the best source is google 2012,I've found so far this one

survive2012.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kotus

I suspect that most of the catacombs in Rome will be filled with people trying to survive as well as some of the Etruscan burial sites.

Considering 2012 helps one understand better buildings like Maes Howe and Newgrange.

Building a substantial bunker under the earth if possible is the way to go. Many suggestions of the jet streams dropping to the surface with winds up to 300 miles per hour make me want to be under ground with the blast doors closed.

Considering the possibilities of everything from volcanic winters to nuclear winters to extreme heat and drought, I would suggest for everyone that food and seed storage is essential.

I would also get out of large cities, out into the countryside, away from the coasts and lowlands, and learn how to grow your own food -- even if that means raising Peruvian guinea pigs for protein.

[edit on 5/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't believe in the whole 2012 thing. Humans are the biggest danger to humans at the moment.

All in all, I believe your effort would be in vain.

However, if you're wanting to get away from danger... try somewhere remote and underground. As suggest by others.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Sytima]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kotus

Don't sweat it, Kotus. People have been "prophesying" the end of the world as long as there have been people around to listen to them. None of their predictions are have come true, and I doubt they ever will.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hardly the end of times, its the end of Pisces. Bring on the age of Aquarius!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
the doomssayers defined the end of the world as 1900. it didnt come. so they defined the end of the world as 1950. it didnt come, so they defined the end of the world as 2000. it didnt come so they defined the end of the world as 2012. some cults have defined much more than that. everything from yearly to monthly or even daily "predictions" have kept cultists under the spell of fear: "Since everything is going down the drain, I dont have to contribute to society anymore anyway".

The reality is that, with the emergence of the internet and other advanced concepts, we have already passed the dawn of a new age of consciousness, communication, unity, diversity and can look forward to a bright and glorious future. face it: we are not going to go down...ever.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kotus
Dec 21st, 2012. I know that the majority of you know what it is all about, the so called end times.

It's all my fault... that will be my 33rd birthday...

THE END IS NIGH!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I like your concern and your ideas Kotus, but there is one crucial flaw as I see it: HOW will the "end of times" come about?
Unfortunately, nobody seems to know. It is all a bunch of speculation and hypothesising. On this thread alone I have read things about pole shift, nuclear war, etc.
Being prepared for one eventuality may mean being caught with your proverbial pants around your ankles if another occurs.
Personally, I would make sure I had a good rifle and plenty of ammo, good shoes and warm clothing, assorted non-perishible foodstuffs, plenty of water, and a readily defensible position. If there is a cataclysm, and you and your family survive, you can almost bet on scavengers and lawlessness for a prolonged period until some semblance of order is restored.
Most importantly though, get your family on the same page as you, and maybe "train" them in woodcraft, hunting, horticulture, and hiking. I trick my kids by going on weekend trips ("Yeah kids, this IS a fun hike, isn't it?") This way the family won't be whining, complaining, moving at a snail's pace, or complaining about squirrel for dinner.
I don't know- I think all kids should learn that stuff anyway, but I am a biased Eagle scout, former Jarhead type.
Good luck man- If the crap DOES hit the fan, I'm heading for high ground somewhere...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kotus
My question is are there any groups/organizations that are forming together to survive it?

It sounds like your thread should be in Survival Techniques more than it should be in Secret Societies.

But since its in Secret Societies, I'll add a Secret Society twist to my response:

If the events (if any) of 2012 are of human control, the groups controlling it are the groups that will survive it.

If the events (if any) of 2012 are of nature control, the groups that would be controlling human events will survive anyway.

These groups are in control of these bunkers and the 'doomsday vault' in Norway.

The groups are Chatham House, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission and the Bilderbergers, as well as their sub-groups, organizations and foundations.

These groups consist of politicians, bankers, corporate executives, political professors and others.

So if you want to survive, get in with them. Otherwise, good luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont think the end of the world or end times is a proper term for what they had in mind back then. I think they meant something more along the lines of an end of an Age.

A time is approaching when Man will have to evolve socially and mentally or perish, i belive that time will come on 2012.

With the way we have been moving, four more years of hell sound just about right before we manage to break to vaccuum seal holding our craniums up inside our rectums and figure out just how badly we have failed as a people.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If the end times truly come in 2012, I'm not hiding. I'm gonna find myself a nice quiet place to meditate on my life and final moments in this physical body before being swept up into the ether.

top topics

join