It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military helocopters over new orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well i guess this wouldn't be a surprise...

I was in Metairie, near lake Pontchartrain, when i head helicopters in the distance, i turned around and saw what looked like 3 helicopters flying by. i thought they were going to the airport but then i realized they were no were near the airport, and couldn't have possibly come from there because of the direction they were coming from. When they got close to me i saw that they were military.

I couldn't tell which ones they are because i am not a trained observer but i did a quick Google search and this is as close as i got.

2 looked sort of like this one
www.military-aircraft.org.uk...

and the other one looked like this
but you could see rockets on its sides

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hmm that is pretty intriguing. But i just guess theres a base somehwere or they were doing somekind of Mock traniing thing. IDK, but thats all i got. Keep updating us if something werid happens *a.k.a. accidental missle mis-hap* lol idk.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
2 looked sort of like this one

and the other one looked like this
but you could see rockets on its sides

The first is a Huey.

The second is a foreign helicopter, but the US have ones that look similar, the H3 or H53. If it were one of them, they didn't have rockets on the side, but aux fuel tanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There are many training areas and bases in that region. They have to go somewhere to train, and that involves flying over and near cities. It's normal for them to be there, and nothing particularly special.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
thats very interesting, maybe we should keep an eye on that new hurricane forming???

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey OP if you can get me the exact location using google earth and give me the data I will look into my pilots maps and see if it is a standard military training route.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But there is also training going on all around the country to get the police and people ready for whats to come..

All part of it..

Go see alex jones videos which will show you the training they been conducting on u.s ground,..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhombus24
Hey OP if you can get me the exact location using google earth and give me the data I will look into my pilots maps and see if it is a standard military training route.

ok well after doing a fast google map check the latitude and longitude is

latitude: 30° 1'26.19"N
Longitude: 90°11'17.02"W

and i was looking southwest twords the Kinsley street, and they came up from that direction and went semi over my head tword going northeast...thats as best as i can put it

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
hello there actually live in new orleans also.... maybe it was due to president bush's latest visit. i believe he was actually here on that day.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
4th Marine Division is located in New Orleans. Plus we like to use urban cities to train.

top topics

join