It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Cloned embryo implanted in woman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A controversial cloning expert has announced he has taken the first step towards cloning a human being, announced at a London press conference an hour ago. US professor Panos Zavos proceeded to address a news conference in London that he has implanted a cloned embryo into a 35-year-old woman.

Dr Panos Zavos, on a visit to London, provided no evidence and would not say where or when the procedure took place.

Dr Zavos said the woman has entered early menopause and her husband cannot produce sperm so they were eligible for fertility treatment.

He said the woman produced three eggs and only one was good enough to fertilise.

The doctor also claimed the procedure had been filmed, but critics said there was no evidence to back up the claims and that even if he was telling the truth, it would be "unethical and irresponsible".

He said there was about a 30% chance that the embryo would develop successfully and be born.

He also said he was "ready" to split a cloned human embryo into two - one to be grown into a baby, and one to be stored either to become a baby at a later date for "therapeutic uses".

Another worrying development in the field of Human cloning.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I say why clone the babies unless you are impotent or something

I'm for the traditioonal way.... "do it baybe, yeaa"

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dude, how about an url. Your word alone = 0.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just read the same story here.....

Doctor Says He Has Implanted Cloned Human Embryo

I thought it would just be a matter of time until this happened, and now it looks like somebody has done it. It's of course unknown if the baby will go full-term or not, but considering the deformities that still can occur in animal cloning, this seems like an act of cruelty against the child produced here.

The article I got didn't mention the splitting of the embryo for future use though.

[Edited on 1/17/2004 by TheDemonHunter]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true, we may well be seeing the future of cloning right before our eyes.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Um, didn't exactly this story with minor changes break over a year ago? Rael Mk.2

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very similar, I'll agree, but this one supposedly has video footage of the process to back it up. The Raelians refused to give any documentation, if I recall.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Excellent....now it's only a matter of time before I have my army.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sorry about this, i dont mean to be pedantic and i am not complaing, really because i just couldnt care less where people post to be honest but, why is this in the alieans/ufo section?

I am just wondering if for some mad reason you think this has some connection with aliens?

tz

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I saw this on BBC as well,

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Saw this item on Oz news, backed up with a skeptical independent comment about the doctor concerned and whether the procedure ever happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Psycho frog spirited scientists! Store half an embryo for "therapeutic uses". That's just about the most horriffic thing I've read in a while. Should use that scientist for "therapeutic uses"! What an arse! That's not science, it's Satanism.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join