It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'seizes Iranian group in Iraq'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
They had their chance back in the 80s

I'm pretty sure that Iran was attacked first in that war.

Why shouldn't Iran meddle in Iraq? Iraq is in a state of near anarchy (and has been since it was invaded), is occupied by an "enemy"/rival power (who let's face it are probably up to all sorts of super secret mischief in Iran) - frankly it would be very dangerous to Iran to not be involved.

What is sad is the fact that innocent people die - due to whatever reasons - if it was only soldiers being blown up, I have to admit, I really couldn't care less.

Also, since when was there a rule about who is and who isn't allowed to meddle in foreign countries affairs. I'm pretty sure that the US and UK have done rather more "meddling" than the Iranians.

What do people expect? Bush is, as usual, exhibiting an infant's (although more accurately a Faulknerian man-child's) understanding of the world and the people that live on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Actually our nation has made possible that the liberated Iraqi Shiites reunite with their fellow Iranian Shiites once again.

But there is an ethnic division that is of some importance. Most Iraqi Shiites are Arabs. Most Iranian Shiites are Persian(Farsi). That is a very ancient divide that Islam did not paper over.

I expect the US government to go into Iran and at the end of the day the Azeris in Iran will join Azerbaijan. The Arab Shiites will have their own state. The Baluchis will have their Free Baluchistan, and the Kurds will have their Kurdish Free State including some Iranian territory as well. And what is left of Iran (the Farsi Shia) let's just call that Persia...

Also, if the Turks don't behave I bet they'll wind up losing territory to Kurdistan, Armenia, and Azerbaijan...

<< 1   >>

join