It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else tired of dumb alien warnings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
With this recent august 28 mass landing thing it just gets me thinking of how kinda sick i am of seeing them. I wonder what goes through peoples minds when they right these things and if they honetly believe they are writing the truth.

I say they should just ban any warnings about this kinda stuff right away unless they have some kind of evidence to back it up cause it seems like a major waste of time.

Even though if you know 100% without a doubt that its oviously a fake post kinda thing it always just makes me aware of the dumb date and almost look forward just to seeing it fail cause you know these people are wrong and its like getting satisfaction from saying Ha! told you so kinda thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Its definatly a boy who cried wolf kind of game,
Its sad to think that when it realy does happen it will
be written off by most. For a while at least.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yeah, totally fed up dude!

Why do they do this? Its getting that frequent, that there won't be many days when there isn't going to be an invasion/landing!!

I tend to totally disregard such threads, I do occasionally look at one, with my eyes looking to the sky
, shaking my head and laughing. No wonder mainstream think the UFO community is a bunch of delusional, tin foil-wearing nutters.

Maybe that's the idea a campaign to discredit the UFO community. to take attention away from the real deal...whatever that is. Although, to be honest, the community don't need much help in the discrediting stakes.

On the upside, the "invasion information" is so inaccurate, that now when I see a "warning", I know I can happily leave my home knowing that ET won't be helping himself to my tea and biscuits when I get back

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Prediction threads happen in lots of areas, not just the UFO community. I think it makes everyone look bad quite honestly, but I do not think the answer is to "ban" those types of threads. I would imagine a site like this would want to encourage people to share ideas without worry of having to be raked over the coals for it. That being said, a site like this would also require proof.

At one time threads like that did get on my nerves but not so much anymore. If anything I see it as a way to inform people to offer proof and even in a sense pick the brains of people on the site and see where they are coming from.

If there is ever a legit prediction, I do not think it will be written off. At least not by those who are capable of rational thought and the ability to research the claims being made. When it comes to predictions, the person who ignores it without looking into it at all is just as silly as the one who takes it at face value.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There does seem to have been a lot lately.
And yet the threads end up going page after page while every dude and his dog chimes in to blah blah it up.
Don't see the attraction myself, but then again theres a lot of absolute crap here these days that seem to rack the post count up.
I got better things to do, and read.
Yet oddly I find myself just having to have a peek at that thread, no matter how stupid....

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Wait!! Its only the crack of dawn here on the US east coast. We still have all day.....on the other hand, its tomorrow in other parts of the world, but arent predictions just meant for us?

That means we still have all day for the mass landing!!!
I hope they go to the White House like they're supposed to, and not to rural places...What would they want with us?

I wont feel totally safe until 7pm in the East Coast of the US.

I think if they do come they will end up in Mexico somewhere. They speak Spanish, you know.

I'm sitting today out and waiting. I made an extra pot of coffee, just in case.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think my main thought is whay bother about it either way?

If you are in a position to have an emergency action plan ready what do you do stand by all the time? I mean suppose you have a nice secure bunker with loads of food and water (and for our American survivalist friends, guns and ammo) do you plan your entire life based on the principle that you can get to your secure compound in a fixed time? If so, is that really a life? Do you only take employment because its "X" minutes away. Do you not have any real social interaction, sport, concerts even weddings because they are too far away from the security of your secure prison?

Whether, you have bunker or not the affect of an invasion could be felt all over. At its worse social cohesion becomes a thing of the past and all our systems start to collapse and we end up in the "stone age" or something. Long term that will affect most survivors in their secure homes. A few may have a reasonable existence living off the land, wary that technology may lead the bad guys to you.

Equally, you could leg it out to your remote den and miss all the good stuff that ET brings here, as they turn us into a peaceful, loving species (yeah right)...maybe routing out those of a violent disposition in possession of guns

So as I see it, whatever happens, you are just putting of the inevitable...good or bad...why worry about it? If they exist and their intent is aggressive I think that cities that suffered badly before may have a better survival rate..they know what punishment a city can take and still function...kind of. Whether its because some skyscrapers fell down or because the Nazis blitzed your city, you survive, you get stronger...well mostly.

Whatever their intent it will cause panic and people will be injured. Maybe all the invasion disinfo is all part of a plot to soften the blow...maybe some of it is just delusionary experiences from drug fueled recreation time.

I see no point for a heads up..there will be panic enough if it really happens. As I see it I live a good bit of distance from major cities and military installations. Will ET come here first and worry the cows and sheep or will they start on military installations and cities? All I need to do is listen out to phones, TV and radio and if they all fail at the same time, I would know something was up.

But really what possible good, could a heads up be? A few hours to get one more tin of soup, some bottled water or make out with your sister-in-law? Sometimes waiting for a disaster is worse than the disaster. Personally, I get more stressed waiting for things to happen than when they eventually do.

I suppose though, if ET exists and does invade it would depend not just on intent but also on scale. A couple of craft, totally impervious to our defences could make life difficult and we could be waiting to see who is next? I think an invasion such as to subjugate or eradicate humanity is unlikely from just invasive craft...more probably would be some global means of destruction, biological, chemical radiological who knows?

Speed of execution of plan as well, may be a factor. Many died when the atom bombs hit those Japanese cities but would they have been better off for a warning? A weeks notice would have got most people out I would have thought, a few hours warning would either be ignored or would cause deaths as people struggled to get out. You may have saved more or you may have congregated the citizens under the bombs. Who knows?

There again ET might be a smiling happy bunny and all is right with the universe. We bring you peace the new religion. One thing for sure even if they came in peace there will be enough paranoid dudes out there to mess things up. Hell there may even be a new term of social exclusion as people start to say "The neighbourhoods gone down since they moved in...come over here taking our jobs...showing us how to do things"

I am sometimes puzzled by all the excitement caused by a possible ET encounter. We can't get along with the millions of lifeforms here on Earth..what the hell makes people think we will treat ET any better? Even between our own species, we have hate and suspicion because of colour or religious belief.

Maybe we should stop looking to the stars for intelligent life and start a search here on Earth....

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yep, I think many of us are really fed up about these silly predictions. I wish for once kids stopped playing. We really do need proof and real events. Discussing about August 28 or any other day seems a waste of time so... I'm off to read some REAL interesting stuff.
Cheerio

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah it gets annoying sometimes.

But what's even worse is the stuff like:

The world will end on 8-18-07 Ahhhhhh!!!!

And then when that date passes it's:

The world end on 8-23-07 Eeeeeeeeek!!!!

And then you have the stuff like:

9-11-07 is coming, we're doomed, Eeeiiiaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

[edit on 28-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't like it either. When aliens come to earth I want to be suprised, not know in advance. Wheres the fun in that?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I say, give stupid posts the silent treatment. Don't flag, don't star, and don't comment on predictions. I think the bulk of the stupid prediction posters are looking for pseudo-celebrity status; Pay them no heed and they may well go away.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Uber, you are right on the money here, leave them be and ignore them is the way to go.

That way we dont waste our time debating them when somebody calls them out, and they respond and so on...

Much better to let it all slide when it smells like BS.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
From what I've noticed, most of the people who create the "The End is Nigh" threads have a desperate innate need for attention. The creators often have this disjointed and incomplete view of a topic, and do one of three things-

1) Use faulty logic based upon incomplete evidence and topical knowledge to create a theory. These are the often absurd, "I read on the internet that illuminati controlled reptiles might have killed Kennedy w/ Tesla's death ray like the one he used to shoot down a UFO in Siberia" style threads. Or something similar that makes little sense.

2) Base the theory upon unsubstantiated or non-empirical evidence. These are usually fear based nervous reactions, i.e. "I had a dream about...", "I am afraid that...". These posters often get hostile as soon as you raise a question.

3) Create a fantasy to set themselves up to be the hero for warning the world. These are the "I KNOW that _______ is about to happen" threads. Threads like these typically garner the most posts, flags, etc. and the fraudulent poster receives the emotional validation that he/she is not finding elsewhere in life.

In the first case, the best course of action is to help educate the OP. Help clue them in to how one theory might not be related to the other, but try to set them on the right course.

The posters of the second example usually get belligerent and often down right bellicose if you call their theory into question. Unless you feel like getting into a long protracted argument, its best to avoid them as they do their best to make you angry.

The third example is the one that ticks me off. They are purely attention hounds looking for validation. Many of these threads start when school ends and then they start to peter out once the end of August arrives. Cant' stand these threads....

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeh I agree it is getting a bit out of hand.

I can make a prediction right here and now by saying that within the next couple of days there will be a hell of a lot more UFO sightings.. why?

Because nothing happened on the 28th and those who predicted will make more false claims and come up with some obvious hoaxes to try and make those serious believers think that maybe.. just maybe they were right.

That, I can be sure will turn out to be correct.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Excellent suggestion.

Then we are only left with the dilema whether to reply when the prediction fails...again!!... and flame the perp or to still, just ignore.

I think ignore sounds an excellent idea, by natural selection that type of thread would die
If only the hoaxes could be dealt with as easy!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
yeah well we're all going to die tomorrow.

8+29 = 37
3+7 = 10
37-10=27
27*10=270
270-10=260
260/10=26
10*10=100
the absolute value of 26/10=2
100*2=200
200*2=400
400+260=660
the last 3 lines mentiond 2, so 3*2=6
660+6=666!!!!!!!!!!!11ONE1!!!!ELEVEN1

so you see? we're all f'ing doomed! DOOMED!
/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

join