It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Year Old Girl Runs 2200 Miles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Good call on the 'exaggeration' part.
She'd not only be plowing through about 20 bottles of water a day, but many pairs of running shoes and socks and eating about 5000 calories per day just to keep that up. Forget how long she'd been doing it. That can get a bit expensive.

She should be doing as you say,but I don't think she is,poor girl-she looked wasted away to me.I hope you are right and she hasn't run all those miles,but it would not surprise me if it was accurate either,seen worse from China unfortunately.
I have since noticed that her father was not on a pedal bike,but an electric powered bicycle...I can't say I am the biggest fan of that guy myself.

Lets see him run a marathon or 2,or better still lets see him go on a 6 month course focusing on teaching him about child development and sensible exercise programs for kids.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't say run, more like jogging...I did track and cross country, along with other various sports, back in my highschool days, and there were only 3 kids I know that were able to run 3 miles in cross country, and I wasn't even sure If I consider them running, they were really tall, so their legs could cover more distance. (I'm working on running 3 miles..aka. 8mph+, and I have trouble doing even 2 miles)

But, I have to handed to the girl, 40 miles is incredible, for anyone, even if it was just jogging or walking. However, that's a terrible thing the father did, putting her in those extreme condition. Give or taken, I would assume the family poor, and the father forced to girl to condition for the Olympic as a mean to obtain fame and fortune, in order to perpetuate the family out of poverty. Assuming that is the case, I admire the girl so much more, since she was able to push her body to travel 2200 Miles with only meager meals.

I hope someone bring her justice...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

<< 1   >>

join