It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Both the experimental and computational results indicate that an accompanied gas jet can significantly enhance liquid jet penetration.

That's good.

Simulation results also indicate that gas injection would cause additional total pressure losses.

That's bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

France joins the hypersonic weapons race:

www.defencetalk.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sounds like the triangle with a square back might be the infamous Boscombe Down incident aircraft? It couldn’t be much bigger than an F-15 if it was loaded into a C-5. An interesting sighting. I saw and heard a few interesting things in the 1990s too.

edit on 2-2-2019 by Ninjastrikeforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ninjastrikeforce
I saw and heard a few interesting things in the 1990s too.

Welcome to ATS!
Are there any chances to hear those interesting stories from the 1990s?
Feel free to share them with us, mate!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sure Mr. Speedfanatic,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum? As a teenager I lived near an air base with a reconnaissance fleet. I saw lots of cool stuff including U-2s, RF-4s, F-117s etc. I had 20/15 vision and knew my planes.

I was in an astronomy club. We had members with up to 13 inch reflecting scopes. I had a 4” scope. While at a star party - and I kid you not - a plane with a diamond, unblinking light formation zoomed right through my scope. I watched it unaided and I’d say it was up at the altitude airliners cruise at, but moving really fast. It seemed large - at least airliner sized. It was maybe not supersonic but close. It was definitely faster than anything else flying up there. The speed and light pattern cought my attention.

The second interesting sighting was much closer. A friend and I were driving down the highway at night and an odd plane, with lots of blinking lights was approaching the highway perpendicularly. It was very low, maybe just 500 feet up. You could make out its shape from the ambient light and it’s own lights. It was light colored, straightish winged, and with a hump for the cockpit much like an RQ-4 Global Hawk (but smaller) or mini 747. Anyways, that wouldn’t have interested me much but then it rolled nearly 90 degrees and changed direction 90 degrees in the width of the highway. It literally turned on a dime the way the motorcycles in Tron changed direction. I’ve never seen a plane turn like that. It headed for the base and landed, we actually whipped around and chased it. It moved slowly almost like a GA plane. We tried to run it down! Anyways it was an odd bird. Imagine a hyper maneuverable hybrid between a Predator drone and Tacit Blue that could turn on a dime.

The other sighting was a high-altitude, pulsing light. I’d seen in multiple times from about 99-2005. It looked and moved much like a satellite, but blinked at about 2-second intervals as it crossed the sky. It was always very high and I assume very fast, silent, and going horizon-to-horizon in about 30 seconds. Maybe it was a tumbling satellite? I’d seen it a few times.

I heard a few odd things too. One was a high altitude rumble, almost like a rocket launch - which I’d seen. The other was a plane that made an odd humming sound. Think a mix between a Piaggio Avanti and an F-1 car. It was high and impossible to see, but unique among all of the Aircraft sounds I’ve heard. I couldn’t tell you if it was a jet or something else.

Other than that, the only other interesting things were that some guys in suits used to practice short touch-and-goes in an Antonov An-72 late at night at the local airport - always between 10 pm and midnight. I know it was an AN-72 as we drove into the GA airport one night where it practiced and it stopped right next to us. Had the engines above the wings and everything. Anyways, the pilot looked right at us and gunned it. We thought that maybe they were narcos from Mexico making drops. The thing could take off quick and really climb. There wasn’t much to do in a small town back in those days!

That’s it! That was the early 90s to early 2000s.
edit on 6-2-2019 by Ninjastrikeforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just finished the "Inside the Skunk Works" series of podcasts and I found it very telling tha quite a few people made subtle hints of how much of a "busy time" this was for them.

I realize that there is always a bit of corporate propaganda in these kind of things, but it was still an interesting hint. Did anyone else notice this?
edit on 6-2-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Was a weird podcast but would guess it was dreamt up around the same time NG were trying to recast themselves as S.H.I.E.L.D. via the NG Nexus Elite/Marvel tie in.

Left the podcast wondering what (exactly) did Justice do whilst Programme Manager at Skunkworks that have people talking about him in the revered tones usually reserved for Johnson or Rich?.

Answers on a postcard.

edit on 6-2-2019 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

what (exactly) did Justice do whilst Programme Manager at Skunkworks
a reply to: Jukiodone

This has me stumped too, especially considering what he is doing now. Perhaps with (some at least) tacit support from none other than Rob F. Weiss....

Very curious...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ninjastrikeforce

I love read such stories. Very lucky you were. Of course I have some questions(when I don't lol). What was location of all of these sightings?

As for this part of your post:

originally posted by: Ninjastrikeforce
The other sighting was a high-altitude, pulsing light. I’d seen in multiple times from about 99-2005. It looked and moved much like a satellite, but blinked at about 2-second intervals as it crossed the sky. It was always very high and I assume very fast, silent, and going horizon-to-horizon in about 30 seconds. Maybe it was a tumbling satellite? I’d seen it a few times.

Seems the same thing is discussed here. This is direct post:

we in IRAQ saw fast light flying for many times and in deferent high speed and altitoud.its not UFO because it flashes when it passes like take a photo and this hapened in the end of 90s and until the last war in 2003 and there is no new flying of these (craft) since the end of war

it,s compared with fighters speed .and I did,t say that I saw aircraft ,what I talk about it is flying object with white light in the night flying in the in sky in different zone like aircraft and flasheing lihgt I see it for many times but all what I see it was in the night not in the daylight.the other things here that I ask some offesers in the Iraqi airforce in that time about these objactse and the answer was that they don,t know any thing about it and no detect from Iraqi radars for these objects . and not just me saw these objects but many people also saw this light and told me about it .may as you said it,s SR-71 taken out of retierment for this role but it,s uninvesible to radars.

both of the aforementioned posts are from 2005.

Seems the guy saw the same thing in Iraq and even timeframe add up with the time you were seeing it. Pretty curious what it was... were you able to hear any sound?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

Southwestern US.

Here is a video...

youtu.be...

Just like that! The funny thing is, unlike other satellites, this thing doesn’t disappear as it crosses the night horizon. It’s as if they are internally illuminated. Maybe propulsion system?

I saw it once a few years ago over far northwestern Wyoming around 4 am.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

A timely but crappy summary in the Mensa article

"Justice himself held roles on programs for the F-117 and F-22. Along with being credited with numerous patents, he has also received the company’s NOVA Award (its highest recognition for achievement)."

Good luck finding the patents.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Mixing and combustion characteristics in a cavity-based supersonic combustor with different injection schemes

Authors:

Song et al

Abstract:

Mixing and combustion characteristics in an ethylene fueled cavity-based scramjet combustor with different injection schemes are investigated experimentally and numerically in low equivalence ratio conditions, with inflow conditions of Ma = 2.52, stagnation pressure P0 = 1.65 MPa and stagnation temperature T0 = 1600 K. The wall-pressure distributions obtained by numerical simulations are in fairly good agreement with the experimental data. The numerical results also indicate that multiple-orifice cases have higher mixing efficiencies and combustion efficiencies than single-orifice cases. In addition, it is observed in the experiments that flamebases are not stabilized in a fixed position. In single-orifice cases, the flamebases oscillate dramatically between the cavity leading edge and trailing edge, and the oscillations are similar for different injection pressures. In multiple-orifice cases, the flamebases oscillate slightly in the cavity shear layer just downstream of the leading edge and the amplitudes with lower injection pressure are larger than those with higher injection pressure.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Three-dimensional modeling of rotating detonation in a ramjet engine

Authors:

Smirnov et al

Abstract:

A 3D numerical model of a combustion chamber with continuous rotating detonation wave was performed. The ignition, onset and stabilization of a rotating detonation wave in combustion chambers of different shapes was investigated. The effect of additional oxygen injection on the onset of rotating detonation wave was studied. Formation of a stable detonation wave was investigated against different factors: internal body diameter, injectors number and diameter, pressure at the fuel and oxidizer orifices. The calculations were performed using specialized computer code designed by the Authors at the APK-5 super-computer system.

www.sciencedirect.com...
edit on 16-2-2019 by anzha because: not enough coffee

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interesting! Sounds like this could be the technology behind some of the high-altitude, pulsing lights people see. Not so much a PDE but an oscillating scramjet?

originally posted by: anzha
Three-dimensional modeling of rotating detonation in a ramjet engine

Authors:

Smirnov et al

Abstract:

A 3D numerical model of a combustion chamber with continuous rotating detonation wave was performed. The ignition, onset and stabilization of a rotating detonation wave in combustion chambers of different shapes was investigated. The effect of additional oxygen injection on the onset of rotating detonation wave was studied. Formation of a stable detonation wave was investigated against different factors: internal body diameter, injectors number and diameter, pressure at the fuel and oxidizer orifices. The calculations were performed using specialized computer code designed by the Authors at the APK-5 super-computer system.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not really.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Not really.

LOL!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Very funny. I guess I’m going with liquid-mercury, anti-gravity, reverse engineered tech. Seriously, does anybody have a real idea that they are willing to share of what the high-altitude strobe is?

LOL!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHans

No idea, but neither an RDE or PDE would fit the descriptions I've read.
edit on 18-2-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Performance assessment of supersonic and hypersonic intake systems with nano-particle injection

Authors:

Jagannathan et al

Abstract:

A novel approach to improve the performance of supersonic and hypersonic intake systems with nano-particle injection has been studied. A parametric study using Mach number (M∞), Stokes number (Stk), particle Eckert number (Ecp), and thermal transport number (αt) was conducted across a quasi-1D converging-diverging (C-D) supersonic intake at idealized and single-shock compression cases. Gains in stagnation pressure recovery were achieved for both the cases. Gains were observed in the idealized compression case when: Ecp>0.25 and αt>0.5 for a Mach number of 2.5; and Ecp>0.5 and αt>0.7 for a Mach number of 5. The results also showed that a combination of cooling, momentum exchange, and particle size is required to enhance intake performance. A rectangular mixed-compression intake at Mach 3 was simulated using an unsteady compressible gas-particle CFD solver in OpenFOAM. CFD simulations with nano-particle injection predicted a 16% gain in the exit pressure recovery.

www.sciencedirect.com...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join