It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bit of Advice for My Young Comrades.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
These are just a few pieces of advice for you younger (older as well??) members here that are busy "lookin for love"

I'll lay them out in a numbered list just to simplify.

1. NEVER NEVER NEVER get married unless you KNOW without doubt that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person. Too many people these days get married with the safety net of "well I can always get divorced". This is WRONG!! A marriage is a commitment that you should be prepared to honor. Sometimes marriages just don't work, but it's important that you give it your best shot. Too many people get married and divorced because they were never really wanting to be married.

2. NEVER ask the question, "So how many people have you slept with?" unless you REALLY want to know the answer. Don't ask it just because you hope to hear 1 or 0. Chances are you'll most likely get some b.s. answer along the lines of "more than 2 less than 50" which will likely just bother you.

3. Leave sex out of it until you are mature enough to handle a sexual relationship and for GOD'S SAKE use protection.

4. Don't "fall in love" after one date. That's quite obnoxious. Love at first sight DOES happen, but it's rare. Don't be one of those people that just LOVES everyone they ever date.

5. Learn to distinguish between love and lust. This ties in with point 3.

6. Be HONEST!!! Right from the start. Do not lie to someone that you actually care about as it will bite you in the ass at a later date.

7. Ladies, respect the *hoohaa* As Dave Chappelle said, "If *hoohaa* was a stock, it would be going DOWN! Ya'll are givin it away too easy now."

8. Guys, RESPECT THE *HOOHAA*!!!!!!!!! Before you treat some girl like a tool of sexual pleasure, stop and think about how you want a female relative of yours treated and try to follow that path.

9. Do NOT be drawn into a stupid fight. Is where you are going to eat this Friday REALLY worthy of a 3 hour fight? (Don't act like it's never happened to you)

10. Never try to make someone something they are not. If they aren't what you want them to be...they NEVER WILL BE so stop trying. It's even less fair to them than it is you.

11. Find someone you share common interests with. If you and the person you are dating have completely opposite tastes, don't even bother.

12. Guys, being compassionate and caring is a good thing. Being a pansy is not.

13. Leave your friends' exes alone. Nothing but trouble in messing around with the ex of a friend.

14. Ladies, don't make a *prostitute* of yourself and then expect to be treated as anything different. Guys, this applies to you as well.

15. Being lonely is ALWAYS better than being with a complete and total *jerk*.

16. If you date someone that has kids from a previous relationship, BE CAREFUL. If the person you are dating wants you to be a daddy/mama to their kid, make sure they are willing to actually LET you be one first. If they just want you to be there to take the kid off their hands sometimes...RUN!

17. FASTER!!! RUNNNNNN!!!!!

18. If you are dating someone that you really care about, don't let your friends/family come in between you. No one cares about your relationship/significant other than you do.

19. If you stay with someone for the sex alone and hate everything else about the person, you are in a horrible relationship and you need to get OUT.

20. Physical attraction is NOT the most important part of a relationship (FAR FROM IT!!) BUT, you must have SOME physical attraction to someone that you are dating. If you have absolutely no physical attraction to your significant other.......WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DATING THEM?

Jasn

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Absolutely the best thread I have read in this forum yet.Very sound advice that everyone ,including myself, should follow.Flagged.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Absolutely the best thread I have read in this forum yet.Very sound advice that everyone ,including myself, should follow.Flagged.

Thank you and thanx for the flag. I should note however that no one should take this advice blindly. Think it out for yourself as everyone is different. I have however found the problems I address here to be quite common and see a lot of people (young and old) making the mistakes I address here and regretting them later.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh yea,

21. If you are the mack of myspace, yet things seem to go sour when you meet the person in real life....stop misrepresenting yourself on freakin myspace.

As a side note: Internet dating is a very very very very bad idea. In my opinion anyway.

Anything has the chance of succeeding at least some of the time I suppose.

Jasn

SR

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Don't believe everything people say on myspace alot of the time they want to use you and then chuck you i know for i done it when i was younger and immature.

Never let a girl know exacatly how much money you got or she'll fleece you blind.

Try as many hobbies as you can while your young you'll regret it later in life if you don't and when you don't have the time or energy anymore it helps you meet some hot chicks or hot dudes if your a lady.

Very good thread by the way dude. flagged and starred.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by SR]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

See my signature.That alone says it all.:shk:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Theres some really good advice here, some i wish I had the common sense to have thought about before at somepoint, but cant change the past now, flagged.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
respect the hoohaa??? dammit! That's even better than what I put.

gahh I hate being one upped

Jasn

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Flagged, tagged, and you got a star........

Some very excellent advice for anyone lookin' for love, or even those already in a relationship.

Yeah, and don't forget to respect the hoohaa !

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Mind if I add?

If you are not secure with yourself first, you won't be secure with someone else.No one can solve your problems, no one can make you happy but you!!!!

So be happy with yourself first, then you can be happy with someone else. And confidence is the biggest turn on.

If you expect someone else to make you happy, you are setting a relationship up for failure to end in resentment.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

GREAT ADDITIONS!!! So very true.

Loving oneself is the MAIN precursor to giving someone else the love they deserve.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

haha

It now occurs to me that the movie "Magnolia" would have been quite hilarious had the seminar of Frank T.J. Mackey would have been called "Respect the diddly doop, Tame the hoohaa"

hahaha

Jasn

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Great recipe for a successful relationship i can attest. I have been with my wife for nearly 7 years and we have been married for almost 3 and couldn't be happier.

Greta post i have to admit and worth following.

If i can add -

22. Communication Communication Communication

No matter how bad/silly/ridiculous/mundane COMMUNICATE... that's what does it for us.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I've recently started seeing some girl and reading this has really made me question my actions over the past few weeks. Great advice also from nixie_nox, i think this kind of advice is what I need most right now

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Respect the hoohaa!! lol i love it man great thread flagged tagged and bagged. im puttin that on a tshirt!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
One piece of advice i seem to get from all my married friends is "DONT GET MARRIED YOUNG!!!" Have your fun with your friends and running wild, and when you are REALLY ready to settle down, then you can look for marriage.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! It's soo damn true, the dating world would be better if people went more in tune with this.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
For the most part totally agree with this list other than 11, not a completely true statement as there are many couples out there that have little to no common interests with their mate that are very content. The truth in this one is does it make things easier well yeah of course but a deal breaker it is not. This one depends solely on how maturely both parties handle those differences, not the differences themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

1. NEVER NEVER NEVER get married unless you KNOW without doubt that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person. Too many people these days get married with the safety net of "well I can always get divorced". This is WRONG!! A marriage is a commitment that you should be prepared to honor. Sometimes marriages just don't work, but it's important that you give it your best shot. Too many people get married and divorced because they were never really wanting to be married.

Who gets married nowadays anyways? Out of my generation and the Gen X's in my Family only one person has officially tied the knot. Everyone else is in commonlaw marriages. Permanent marriages just not "official".

Though I do have to admit that you pretty much told the 100 % unvarnished truth right there. Took me quite a long while to learn it all myself, wish I had this advice when I was 14-15 LOL!

Yeah I also completely disagree with number 11. Some of the more wild and interesting relashionships I've had were with people who were completely different from myself. It always kept us doing different things and eventually she got me to like some of the stuff she was into and vice versa. Didn't last that long but I still chill with her and stuff. Cool girl really. I learned a lot from her.

I've also found out the hard way that going out with someone who is TOO similar too you can be very very difficult. I try to find someone with flaws and strengths to compliment my own. Kind of difficult these days but oh well.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
nicely done however people need more advice on how to seduce and how to be attractive especialy us guiz...try this site www.fastseduction.com its really interesting and true

now some advice from me

-never ever confess first that u like her
-act sometimes like u like her,othertimes like u dont care for her
-be the price,be busy
-dont tolerate disrespect
-never offer to buy stuff....wont impress
-just be a man dammit
-she tells u lets just be friends?(u made the mistake of telling first)
YEA RIGHT tell her u have enough friends BYE LADY i have more important stuff and girls to mind then hang out with a girl who rejected me thats pathetic!let her suffer and see what she missed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join