These are just a few pieces of advice for you younger (older as well??) members here that are busy "lookin for love"
I'll lay them out in a numbered list just to simplify.
1. NEVER NEVER NEVER get married unless you KNOW without doubt that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person. Too many people these
days get married with the safety net of "well I can always get divorced". This is WRONG!! A marriage is a commitment that you should be prepared to
honor. Sometimes marriages just don't work, but it's important that you give it your best shot. Too many people get married and divorced because
they were never really wanting to be married.
2. NEVER ask the question, "So how many people have you slept with?" unless you REALLY want to know the answer. Don't ask it just because you hope
to hear 1 or 0. Chances are you'll most likely get some b.s. answer along the lines of "more than 2 less than 50" which will likely just bother
3. Leave sex out of it until you are mature enough to handle a sexual relationship and for GOD'S SAKE use protection.
4. Don't "fall in love" after one date. That's quite obnoxious. Love at first sight DOES happen, but it's rare. Don't be one of those people
that just LOVES everyone they ever date.
5. Learn to distinguish between love and lust. This ties in with point 3.
6. Be HONEST!!! Right from the start. Do not lie to someone that you actually care about as it will bite you in the ass at a later date.
7. Ladies, respect the *hoohaa* As Dave Chappelle said, "If *hoohaa* was a stock, it would be going DOWN! Ya'll are givin it away too easy now."
8. Guys, RESPECT THE *HOOHAA*!!!!!!!!! Before you treat some girl like a tool of sexual pleasure, stop and think about how you want a female relative
of yours treated and try to follow that path.
9. Do NOT be drawn into a stupid fight. Is where you are going to eat this Friday REALLY worthy of a 3 hour fight? (Don't act like it's never
happened to you)
10. Never try to make someone something they are not. If they aren't what you want them to be...they NEVER WILL BE so stop trying. It's even less
fair to them than it is you.
11. Find someone you share common interests with. If you and the person you are dating have completely opposite tastes, don't even bother.
12. Guys, being compassionate and caring is a good thing. Being a pansy is not.
13. Leave your friends' exes alone. Nothing but trouble in messing around with the ex of a friend.
14. Ladies, don't make a *prostitute* of yourself and then expect to be treated as anything different. Guys, this applies to you as well.
15. Being lonely is ALWAYS better than being with a complete and total *jerk*.
16. If you date someone that has kids from a previous relationship, BE CAREFUL. If the person you are dating wants you to be a daddy/mama to their
kid, make sure they are willing to actually LET you be one first. If they just want you to be there to take the kid off their hands
17. FASTER!!! RUNNNNNN!!!!!
18. If you are dating someone that you really care about, don't let your friends/family come in between you. No one cares about your
relationship/significant other than you do.
19. If you stay with someone for the sex alone and hate everything else about the person, you are in a horrible relationship and you need to get
20. Physical attraction is NOT the most important part of a relationship (FAR FROM IT!!) BUT, you must have SOME physical attraction to someone that
you are dating. If you have absolutely no physical attraction to your significant other.......WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DATING THEM?
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
[edit on 26-8-2007 by Duzey]