It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mother Earth Creating Crop Markings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have been interested in crop circles for quite a while now, and i am astounded at the speed in which they appear in the crops??

So i have a theory that maybe its not aliens which is producing these strange but sometimes complex designs but mother Earth herself. I say this because if we see the planet we live on as a living being but not in the sense that we would call a being, but a being none the less. If you look anywhere on earth you will find life at the larger scale and the molecular scale, just put your mind into the sense that your body has cells and hair folicles to tell u when something is touching or irritating your skin, we are the Earths cells we are here nervous system as a whole!

What if Earth is putting these markings and symbols here to speak to us in the universal language of symbols and molecular science.

Could it be possible that Earth could be telling us that we are damaging her beyond repair?

Please i would like to hear your thoughts!
Sostyles

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is actually a familiar suggestion to me. While I am not willing to answer in the affirmative, I will not rule out the possibility.

It is a theory that I came across probably fifteen years ago, and to be honest, it wouldn't be surprising to me. Author Freddy Silva has written extensively about how sound may be aiding the development of crop circles. Now, the earth emanates sound all of the time, so, it's not too hard to fathom that the earth's sounds may be forming these images.

Echoed in all the world's faiths and traditions, Universal matter was created by sound: 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God', St. John reminds us. When our ancestors chose to symbolize the action of physical Creation they chose to do so with geometry: the circle as a representation of God, followed by the two overlapping circles as the act of separation between thought and matter. It is from the womb of this symbol- the vesica piscis- that all geometric forms common to sacred geometry are born.

Modern science has shown that these geometric rhythms lie at the centre of atomic structures. When Andrew Gladzewski carried out research into atomic patterns, plants, crystals and harmonics in music he concluded that atoms are harmonic resonators, proving that physical reality is actually governed by patterned arrays of sound frequencies. Even that primeval Hindu sound, the OM, from which is derived our modern term 'hum', when sung into a tonoscope produces the very geometric shapes attributed with 'sacredness'. Perhaps the most important of these shapes is the hexagon, upon which the Egyptian matrix named the Flower of Life is based. This series of outwardly-rotating divisions of the circle accommodate the branches of the building blocks of life, the amino acids. It has subsequently manifested as a crop circle.

Sound

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Sometimes I also wonder if planets and stars are actual living entities. If you look at a tree it doesn't look alive, but it is. Things live in different ways than us. Who knows what is really alive out there.

But when it comes to crop circles I doubt Mother Earth is the one creating them. They are mostly done by people and I'd say it's possible that a small percentage may come from an unknown source.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies! :-)

I agree alot of crop circles are man-made but i have seen some unbelieveble and complex designs which to me would take hours if not days to create by our own hands.

Thank you SpeakerofTruth for the Paragraph extract it does seem we are on the same wavelength, The point about the sound creating the markings is very interesting to me as i have seen the effect of sound and frequency on a waters surface and the patterns it can produce.

Could it be the Earth is using its surface as a instruction manual of sorts as a way to communicate with her inhabitants (That would be us Humans)
on the way we should maintain, help and in return Earth could be telling us we are damaging her in a critical way by placing these strange markings at sometimes ancient monoliths (Stonehenge, Avebury Mound) where i believe Earths power centers are located (Ley Lines) and maybe the ancient people who built them knew this.

I feel i will try to research this theory further.
Sostyles

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

But when it comes to crop circles I doubt Mother Earth is the one creating them. They are mostly done by people and I'd say it's possible that a small percentage may come from an unknown source.

While there are some that may be done by people, I certainly am not going to say that "most" are. Whatever is creating these images is of extreme intelligence, and I highly doubt that there is a genius or geniuses traveling all around the world just to create these image. To me, to say that is more far-out than to assume little red men are creating them

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hmmm well if the Earth is actually an intelligent, thinking entity with the ability to communicate via creating messages on itself... then why doesn't he/she/it give some type of warnings before these huge Earthquakes happen?

Surely having had billions of years of practice, an intelligent and self-aware Earth would have learned how to monitor it's inner pressures and tectonic plate activity in order to predict quakes way ahead of time. So why didn't it give a little heads up to Peru a month or two ago about what was coming?

Going further, why would the Earth use cryptic symbols for it's messages? The Earth has had many millenia to observe all forms of communication on the planet, if it can make a huge and intricate diagram then it can spell out a message in the appropriate local language.

I like crop circles, I think they're really neat and interesting. But I don't think the planet itself is making them and even in the monstrous hypothetical sense that the Earth itself is making these crop circles, it's for a purpose that has nothing to do with communicating with mankind.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I agree if you look at some of the complexity and precision of these markings (i call them marking as to crop circles because lately they take on more shapes and sizes than a mere circle) I think for someone to make this themselves in the time it takes and the precision of the design, you would require aerial support (helecopter) with complete communication to relay where the next line or curve should go.

Look at the complexity in this one.

This one.

I have been following crop circles for half my life, the mystery which surrounds them has always been interesting topic to me and i have been researching on my own to catalog as many as i can and maybe try to translate them. But for me it has to be the part of where they come from which is the one question which still plagues me.

This one is a personal favourite, the edges are so precise and perfect!

I dont think a human hand can produce something like this without very very good aerial support and a tractor but when the formation was checked none of the crops stems had been crushed which u would expect they would if done by a wooden plank or machinery.

This one is pure amazing for the geometry and design which it has encompassed within itself.

After reading the link that speaker of truth posted, im sure it is definately possible for sound created at high frequencies by Earth could be producing these wonderful yet mysterious markings.

But perhaps the greatest connection linking sound to the manifestation of crop circles lies in their greatest anomaly: the permanent bending of the plants' stems. In Canada during the 1960s, laboratory experiments measured the effects of music on plants by subjecting them to different strains of tones. Exposure to heavy metal music made the plants tilt in the opposite direction, whereas classical music lulled the plants toward the speakers. But in the case of Hindu devotional music- and the songs of Ravi Shankar, in particular- the stems bent in excess of 60º to the horizontal, perhaps the closest any human has ever come anywhere to achieving that right angle common to genuine crop circles.

Good Link Truth!
Sostyles

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
Hmmm well if the Earth is actually an intelligent, thinking entity with the ability to communicate via creating messages on itself... then why doesn't he/she/it give some type of warnings before these huge Earthquakes happen?

Surely having had billions of years of practice, an intelligent and self-aware Earth would have learned how to monitor it's inner pressures and tectonic plate activity in order to predict quakes way ahead of time. So why didn't it give a little heads up to Peru a month or two ago about what was coming?

Going further, why would the Earth use cryptic symbols for it's messages? The Earth has had many millenia to observe all forms of communication on the planet, if it can make a huge and intricate diagram then it can spell out a message in the appropriate local language.

I like crop circles, I think they're really neat and interesting. But I don't think the planet itself is making them and even in the monstrous hypothetical sense that the Earth itself is making these crop circles, it's for a purpose that has nothing to do with communicating with mankind.

Yes she has had a long time to observe our species if she is indeed a living entity, at which the Earth is billions of years old and mankind has been here a fraction of the time so if Earth is an intelligent being from the time which she has been here i think she would quite smart by now which would put up a barrier for communication with our species. It would be like trying to speak to a chimp in a way in which you hope they understand you.

I think Earth might be making these symbols and markings as that is the universal language between species E.g If u said to the chimp wanna banana he would probably just stare at you, but if you show him a picture of a banana he would understand you. I might go as far as to say Earth may produce these markings in an attempt to meet a species or being which is equal to her knowledge and understanding, one who could decode them and maybe find a way to reply.

As for the earthquakes and other natural disasters for all we know there could of been 5,6 or even 8 crop circles warning us of them (but as we are the chimp and she is the human (metaphor) we wouldnt be able to read her warnings

Just imagine Earth has been here a long time on her own with no intelligent conversation, i believe it would be one of her urges to try to find an equal intelligence and try to communicate, if she got a reply using the same universal yet sacred geometrical symbols i think then Earth would consider than entity an equal. It would be like holding a sign which says if u can read this your not a chimp, infront of alot of chimps and one only one got up and read it back to you and replies using the same language as you it would prompt you to see that chimp as a near equal.

Sostyles

[edit on 25-8-2007 by sostyles]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have seen some pretty amazing video of orbs over crop designs in england. I would theorize some alien intelligence is trying to tell us something. In my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
With that in mind, I have a made a rethink and taken the alien argument on board that they could be making a few of them with the Earth making the rest. I will explain, if the Earth does have an intelligence that we ourselves cannot yet comprehend then could it not also be possible that ET's know how to communicate with Earth because they would have the better knowledge and understanding of other entity's than we would.

So yes maybe Orbs/Ufo's are making crop circles but are they replying or questioning the Earth or its inhabitants. This may seem a bit out-there for some people because it simply does not fit in to their scope of crop circles, just to clarify i am not trying to tell you this is the definate way & reason they are made because i do not have the proof. I simply am trying to sovle the reason aliens or an unknown source would leave these highly complex markings in the crops in a symbolic and scientific language for us to decode.

We see trees everyday they dont seem alive simply because they dont talk, run around and do as we do but they are very much alive, but in a different sense of consciousness to us. I see the Earth in the same sense.

I find this theory intersting and taking up most of my thinking these days, i would appreciate any input into this idea.

Thank you
Sostyles

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Go to the very first crop circles and then get an accurate account of all of them since the first. Once you have those laid out you will begin to see the pattern.
My take? They are like alien graffiti. They are messages to each other.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I dont believe they are alien messages nor from 'mother earth', although i agree with diplomat there are some which may be from unknown sources. they are usually geometrical statements, which most students of that art could decipher relatively quickly. Nothing particularly alien about that.

i think we are seeing classified terrestrial technology being used in a cryptic manner, possibly to support a bluebeam type event, but more likely to 'test fire' whatever it is being used. The fact that these glyphs have gotten more and more sophisticated since the 70s is conspicuous in itself.

I'm thinking possibly satellite based tech that can blast the designs into the fields very quickly, or maybe it emanates from some deployable field kit. Its just my gut feeling, but something stinks with crop circles. Someone has a hi-tech toy and they are having fun with it. As an art form however, they are extraordinary.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I like where this topic is going, It's very interesting, I dont see why not. There are many things we humans do not understand and choose to catergorize as impossible jsut because we cant explain it. But just because it cannot be explained doesn't neccessarily mean it is impossible in any way. Think about it, there are millions if not billions of things out there we still havn't figured out so why not this? I say somehting about people making crop circles with 2x4's and rope, as well anyone whos watched art attack has seen that guy make big pictures out of small things. However as previously mentions some designes are so intricate that they couldn't be made with a simple rope and board unless that guy from art attack is practices makeing crop circles

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I want to throw another point into the mix.

I'm sure many of you are familiar with how consciousness affects water.

The one picture the OP posted with the complex pattern reminded of how the water molecules looked after certain words/thoughts were applied.

Pictures here

PS - Here's my actual question. Could these markings be created by Earth, however, our consciousness affects it?

Peace.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by quintar]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ouintar, I too have often wondered if perhaps "Global Consciousness" are creating these patterns. If they are, then our higher selves are certainly trying to tell us to return to our esoteric roots. After all, a large portion of these symbols have esoteric and mystical connotations.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

It is a theory that I came across probably fifteen years ago, and to be honest, it wouldn't be surprising to me. Author Freddy Silva has written extensively about how sound may be aiding the development of crop circles. Now, the earth emanates sound all of the time, so, it's not too hard to fathom that the earth's sounds may be forming these images.

Look how similar the images in sand created by sound look like patterns in crop circles.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah, etshrtslr, I am also somewhat familiar with that experiment as well. It makes one wonder if perhaps sound is somehow an "intelligence" itself.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Great video with the sand experiment i have never come across it before thought provoking to say the least. When i was watching the video it was going through my head what a person above said about with time the crop circles have got more complex, just like in the video when the higher the frequency the more complex . So it got me wondering what if slowly Earth's frequency has been rising over the years and now we are seeing the patterns which would emerge from the higher frequency's.

In answer to a post above i too once thought about the concept of alien races using these crop circles as a way of communication or graffiti but what would be the effectiveness of this? Would it not be easier to communicate via technological means with each other.

It is also very true that these patterns could be being made by a military satelitte in space, but again what would be their motive. If to test a laser or device then why keep making them should not one test or maybe a few be sufficient, not thousands. Also the governments these days do everything in their power to discredit ET's and UFO's so why would they fuel an already controversial part of Ufo studies.

Thank you for your replies.
Sostyles

[edit on 31-8-2007 by sostyles]

top topics

join