It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow critter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi all. Back in 2003 George Noorey related seeing shadow critters everywhere, approximate size of a possum. I laughed it off and wondered why I listened to such a ridiculous show, coast to coast am. Two weeks later I woke up at 0400 for work and poured my preprogrammed cup of coffee and headed downstairs to the basement for a shower with shorts and socks in hand. I headed down kitchen landing, three steps, and stopped cold. By the back door was an 'entity'. Approximate size of of a large rat and shape. Black as a black hole with red eyes that moved in shifts or phase. Like a card deck of photos. It pleaded with me to be let out, was standing at correct side of door for this. When I say spoke, that is not really correct, it was telepathic. So I'm frozen in place, coffee hand shaking for what was probably 35 seconds when my black lab Bruno came to top of landing tail wagging. This in itself is unusual because 99.8 percent of time he stays sacked out until I am out of shower and he knows he will get his short walk before I haul tail to work. I'm frozen, my eyes go to Bruno, back to 'it', three times. Bruno comes down stairs and 'it' freaks, nearly running over my foot down the stairs with no sound except for high pitched screams in my head, Boo was in hot pursuit and it literally ran thru a closed door. He didnt paw at door, he knew it just 'disappeared' and came back up steps with the weirdest look on his face. I have lived here in Cleveland Ohio for 15 yrs in this house, it is tight, I only get the occasional spider. I spent days trying to rationalise this searching every corner of basement. Nothing. Funny thing, my neighbors moved to Florida within a week like the devil was after them. I still don't know what I saw. I know it was extraordinary though. Some have even said alien abduction. All I know is I haven't been quite the same since.
John

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That's quite a post for an introduction jpm, your gonna fit in here really well.
So welcome to ATS, I hope you find your way around OK, if you have any questions just shout out. There's always someone with an answer.

I look forward to reading your future posts.

If you type shadow into the box at the link below you might find other members with similar experiences.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Don't feel too bad about seeing something you can't explain. I saw a wraith like thing in my backyard in the middle of los angeles once when i was a teenager. I made a thread about it where you can read about what i saw. but it was a full grown well built black voidlike darker than dark shadow of a man. that was apparently 3 dimensional and interacted with me. the episode lasted maybe a few seconds but I remember it in vivid detail ever since. So, welcom to ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks gang. I appreciate the well wishes. It was not an experience that I would care to repeat any time soon. If it wasn't for Bruno I'd probably be in a nice warm padded room now.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS jpm1602!

Your story was to say the least incredibly fascinating. My friend and I have had a run in with a weird dark creature or should I say family of dark creatures. We both saw them from about 6 feet away it looked like a group of lizard chickens, thats right I said lizard chickens. They were completly lacking any color or definite shape. It looked like to both of us like upright walking 2 foot tall shadow lizard chicken. Very Very weird.

Believe me man you are in no way alone in this area. I would suggest reading other peoples threads on shadow people, there are some stories that I believe you might be able to relate to.

Thanks, and welcome

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
With the things I have seen and experienced I would not question anyones experiences. It is a wonder I am still semi functional. I was a jock and a 3.6 average student. I keep thinking of Shakespears sonnet 'there are things of heaven and earth Horatio that are beyond explanation'.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Fascinating story.

Can you describe a bit how you would know if a sound or scream was in your head telepathically, or if you heard it through your ears.

What or how was the shadow creature asking to go out? Did you hear the word 'out', or something, in your head? Was it in a male or female voice?

Is this the only 'paranormal' happening you've experienced?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It was almost pleading. To 'go out'. It moved in frames. The intelligence spoke in my mind. Yes I know how freaky that sounds. I would lock myself up. My dog chased that beastie downstairs to oblivion. No knowledge of male female. I am acutely aware of how this must sound, spent 20 yrs repairing dialysis equipment and performing dialysis. No prior mental issues. Very established and thankfully ok.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Two weeks after my Mother died I was at kitchen sink loading dishwasher.
I was preparing to cut up some meat for my dogs to mix in their dry food.
I heard a loud bang, my dogs ran to basement with fresh steak moments away, I saw a white wing fan up. Huge must have been 7 ft tall. I felt 'sprouts' on my back the next morning leading me to actually look in mirror. Saw nothing but felt them. I am probably quite insane or schiz, funny never had any issues prior.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't go the "crazy" route just yet my friend.

You said this figure moved in frames. The human eye can see (arguably) around 30 frames per second. This has not been absolutely proven in all humans. However, this sounds like some sort of cloaking device taking atvantage of the weak parts or the parts between the frames of which we see. Maybe you are unique enough to have the ability to fine tune your frame rate, thus seeing what cannot be seen.

This "thing" saw that you could see it and probably tried to leave or maybe perhaps feeding off the fear you experienced. You say you were frozen, like this thing had some sort of trance on you. This could be some sort of manipulation of energy giving you the sensation of not being able to move or speak.

Thank goodness your dog was there to save the day!

Then again I could be using my overactive imagination. It makes sense to me though, thats all that counts.

Bravo

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was indeed frozen in my tracks. My gut told me to open the dang door and let the freak out but my mind wouldn't let me near a thing that was so other worldly and so out of every conventional experience I'd ever seen.
It wasn't threatening but just so weird and bizarre, and the whole telepathy thing was just the ace in hole. I would not wish such an experience on anyone, it left be badly shaken, not stirred lol. My thoughts on the matter are that some portal opened into another dimension. If anyone has seen the nova special on string theory they propose their maybe up to 12 different dimensions. Why this thing was able to gain entrance into my house and virtually disappear thruough a closed basement door really troubles me. It was almost as if it was screwing with me with intent to screw with me. For what purpose I do not know. Sort of reminds me of some video's of orbs I've seen tagging the tails of planes and zipping off. Juvenile or sophmoric stunts. In truth the bizarre nature of the encounter is just so far off the hook a million conjectures could be construed. I don't bother anybody, I just wish they didn't bother me. But it happened, and I have to deal with it. I am as normal as apple pie, don't see dead people, don't do wicca or hug trees. I'll just get on with my life as best as possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well remember you had just seen this kind of thing suggested on the George Noorey show.

Maybe you're one of those people who are highly suggestible? If people can be hypnotized to see things that are primarily in their mind, then maybe a very active imagination and a certain ability to have a 'waking dream' could cause someone to see a 'shadow creature'.

Since the creature didn't do anything or harm you or your dog, then perhaps that's a sign it wasn't exactly an objective phenomenon?

Anyway, good luck and keep us informed. Why not get a small video camera and carry it in your pocket in case you get something on film?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I appreciate your logic badge. The only problem with it I have is that my dog and I had the same 'delusion' at the same time which I believe is highly unlikely. I have never had such an experience prior or since. Except perhaps for the angel thing two weeks after my Mom died, but it wasn't interactive. I know how ridiculous this all sounds, it took a lot of guts to even share.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Though you're certainly welcome to any number of theories, for me, the close proximity of attending a lecture on a somewhat scary and lurid subject to any 'sighting' of the very same creature would just be too coincidental for me to believe that there was no influence.

In addition I think if I saw what you saw and saw it go -through- a solid door, that I'd never feel safe again.

Do you feel as though this phenomena could return and harm you? If so how do you cope?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Badge, you are badgering me. I've given you the facts and details. I deal with it as best I can. I find that last post somewhat arrogant. You can believe anything you like. Believe my post or don't, don't pester me. I do not lie and I'd swear on any bible this happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well if you felt that I apologize. It was not my intent.

If you didn't want to discuss it, why post?

I ask again, how do you cope, knowing there are black creatures with red eyes that can run through solid object? I'd really like to know.

I don't disbelieve you at all. I'm merely suggestion some alternatives.

Again, no diss intended. Have a great day!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I apologize for being overly sensitive. This was an event unlike any other. I can say I have truthed out to the best of my memory. And if I am mad, then I am mad. Last post on subject.
Thanks for the kind words of some.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome!

And did you mention preprogrammed cawfee?!?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I apologize for being overly sensitive. This was an event unlike any other. I can say I have truthed out to the best of my memory. And if I am mad, then I am mad. Last post on subject.
Thanks for the kind words of some.

Well those angel wings you thought you grew could come in handy for cooling you off if you get too mad. Haha.

(just joshing you)

Hope it doesn't happen again. Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

join