It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extending the transmition life of the Voyagers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
After reading a post in the "Facinating 'Sounds' from Space" thread about Voyager 1 and 2 only transmitting until about 2020 I came across an Idea, why dont those national aeronautic secret agents (NASA xD pardon the spelling and the pun) just send out another probe that can pick up information from Voyager 1 & 2 and relay it back to NASA, if workable that could double or even tripple how much information we could get from the voyagers, also cementing and updating older information from the space probes.

Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
it will be kool, but do u think nasa is gonna spend trillions of dollars so they can keep a 30 something year program, nasa uses voyage kind of missions to keep the public away from what they really do, cover up ufos, and the sun.

still, other countries will launch real mission, for real proposes. russia, italy, india, china, and some other have honest space programs, but they are very cheap so it takes time. just wait some years, we will see great stuff from those countries, but dont wait anything from nasa,t hey will show the same all over again.!!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
True.
Im allmost suprised we havnt caught them using the same footage for
diffrent missions by now XD

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

i did, in the website where shows the sun now, they use the same image all over again, and they do alot of mistakes, and stuff, that just makes me think they are faking images of the sun [Just one of many examples]

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sounds interesting,
Can you give me a link?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

i am preparing a paper on it, but u can check the site and investigate some--sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

hope u find stuff, i really need help on preparing this paper

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Exactly what kind of mistakes are they making? The photos looked legit on the webpage.

As for the OP. I think a relay communications system for both Voyagers would be a terrific idea. It could server a dual purpose, actually. We could send out a similar craft to Voyager, except with exponentially more sophisticated equipment. I mean, think of the images and data sent back by Voyager and when it was built. Now think about similar data and images with a craft being built with today's technology. We could get even more detailed images and data readings from our solar system.

Then, as it is traveling through space, it would operate on another level by recieving Voyager's info and sending it back to earth. I mean, are we really just going to let a couple million dollars worth of technology just drift off into the great beyond!?

top topics

join