It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Times Reads ATS, We're Mentioned In A Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The LA Times talks about a UFO thread that was recently declaired a hoax here on ATS, and quotes one of our members.

Not sure who the member is, but AboveTopSecret.com is also mentioned in the story.

"Frankly I'm worried about this," wrote one observer on the conspiracy site AboveTopSecret.com. "If people feel it necessary to flood the Internet or the UFO community with increasingly more 'realistic' hoaxes, what will happen in the event of a true landing?"
www.latimes.com...

Nice to see the site get some media coverage.

The full story goes on to explaine how the UFO videos were produced, and by who.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im happily surprised that the mainstream scans us if not quotes us from time to time.They should as i think some of our writers do more and better research into their topics than mainstreams does!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
SO had also posted about this in the actual thread earlier this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and the quoted member is: Mr Jackdaw

*Crakeur located the post.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I also wanted to point out another story that made the news:

NEW YORK, July 26 /PRNewswire/ -- In conjunction with its tenth anniversary, The Above Network, the creators of AboveTopSecret.com, the leading source of serious discussion in the "alternative" category with over 3.25 million posts to date, announced today the completion of first-round equity capitalization. The undisclosed six-figure funding amount was provided by a private investment group attracted by the user-centric ideals of The Above Network and free expression advocacy of AboveTopSecret.com (ATS), the arm of the conglomerate where the expansion effort is targeted.
dmnnewswire.digitalmedianet.com...

Lots more info at the link, but we are out there, and we're making a difference.
Keep posting folks, people are taking notice.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is pretty awesome. I think there is going to be alot of new members coming in the near future! Which probably unfortunately means alot of new hoaxes... but nevertheless its pretty cool that we are part of something like this.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe it was nearly six months ago that I saw one of my Gun Control pieces being talked about on the official Presidential web site for Dennis Kucinich. Good material is harder to come by than you might think. I have even seem material from my off-site blog in some very surprising places. I am NOT surprised to see good material from ATS members in the main stream. We can be skeptical AND polite. We can also believe, and be patient. Rock on, me hearties. Rock on.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Wow! That Vue 6 software is absolutely AMAZING!

Trailer:
download-e-onsoftware.com...

And it even comes with a sort of free unlimited noncommercial version:
www.e-onsoftware.com...

You all can forget about virtually any UFO video that will ever appear after this. People on their home PC's can now truly make Hollywood quality pieces.

I've been dying to find some software like this for the terrorism/global warming tyranny documentary I've been developing. Clicking on that article open the door. Mad props ATS

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Exposure is always a great thing for ATS, I'm just glad that we can all say that we were here when it really began to take off, as interest grows in UFO's and the unexplained(and it will!) So will it be for the number one rated conspiracy site on the Net. Just remember, all it takes it for one person to mention it to another, and that person to another, and the amazing world we share together that is ATS will continue to grow! As it does, the need for moderators will increase as well, and who do you think they are gonna call on? You guys! I never an a million years would have dreamed of being a moderator, so you know what? I never tried....but you what I did do? I ravaged ATS for all it was worth. I scanned as many threads as I could and just sucked up the knowledge. I also made a couple of post here and there and even caught a warning once, but I learned from that mistake and really began to understand the value of the T&C of this place . But the one thing I did the most was enjoy ATS for all it was worth, Heck I even bought the T-shirt from the gear store. The point is, anyone who knows me knows about ATS by default
If you live it, breathe it, and love it then it will show. Expect Growth within ATS and behave accordingly and one day you may get that U2U says "You have been noticed". We've seen some behaviour around here lately that is not befiitting of ATS and maybe we need to focus on how respect does pay off around here. Let's mark this time as a great period to be a member of ATS and to each and every one of you. Get ready to be metioned in some more stories as we grow. And make sure you know what your gonna say whey the reporters start asking you questions

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That is such a positive thing and sort of vindication that rather than being a bunch of 'nuts' who discuss outlandish ideas and improbable scenarios/conspiracies, we are actually making relevant and valid contributions to 'alternative' investigations.

I think that Mr Jackdaw should get some points awarded for a quote in the LA Times - it's quite an achievement - as is Justin being quoted on Dennis Kucinich's website. But then again - they both have loadsa points anyway, so scrub that.

Still, it shows that we should keep doing what we do here. If we keep the standard, integrity, manners AND pitbull-like attitude to uncovering the truth, I'm sure that more mainstream coverage will follow, and along with that an acknowledgement that many of those here are truly 'experts' (in an amatuer way, generally) in their fields.

It's good.

And as Justin put it - 'Rock On,' ATS!

Take care guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls

I think that Mr Jackdaw should get some points awarded for a quote in the LA Times - it's quite an achievement - as is Justin being quoted on Dennis Kucinich's website. But then again - they both have loadsa points anyway, so scrub that.

He was awarded 50,000 points for being mentioned with ATS in a National publication. As would anyone else who would do the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Glad to hear it. That explains why he has so many then. LOL

Congrats again, Jackdaw

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Anxietydisorder, great thread and thanks for sharing.

I would have never noticed the small mention of this that someone made in the middle of the 79th page of the Haiti UFO thread, which I lost interest in keeping up with awhile back.

Thanks for recognizing this as being appropriate material for a new thread and bringing it to our attention

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

that was our press release AD. We put that out on the newsire ourselves.

As to the points: Springer, Simon and SO had mentioned, some time back, that anyone that gets our site mentioned on a national media outlet would get 100,000 points and on a regional outlet - 50,000. Jackdaw got the regional prize.

For those of you who find it cool, seeing our name in print, if you are tuning in to ABC radio this morning (west coasters), listen carefully, you just might hear the deep, soothing sounds of Springer.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From LA, to ON, CAN,
it the same story, mentions ATS and it a full page spread in the Featured Reading Section of the Hamilton Spectator.

Unravelling a UFO mystery
August 23, 2007
David Sarno
The Los Angeles Times
(Aug 23, 2007)

www.thespec.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I get a copy of the Spectator almost every day.
I'll look through yesterdays edition and see if I can find the article, but first I'll need to go downstairs to the recycle bin because I tossed it this morning.

Thanks Sauron.

new topics

top topics

join