It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Testing an Entire City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Drug Testing an Entire City

apnews.myway.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - Researchers have figured out how to give an entire community a drug test using just a teaspoon of wastewater from a city's sewer plant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I honestly couldn't help but laugh at this.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I could see some minor applications in a small community or township, but on a large scale this is a stupid idea. The test is pretty much guarenteed to come up positive for most, if not all, drugs with known tests.

Seems like another waste of money in the war on drugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I could see some minor applications in a small community or township, but on a large scale this is a stupid idea. The test is pretty much guarenteed to come up positive for most, if not all, drugs with known tests.

Seems like another waste of money in the war on drugs.

Wow are they in for a surprise when they test the water in any city/township/borough in the country. People are doing drugs, they are doing every drug you have a test for and despite the severe penalties for use and the billions of dollars poured into prevention...it's still going on. Seems to me that it's high time (no pun intended) that they stop pouring money into a failing program and try something else.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The general application for this test in a small township is just to basically figure out what, exactlu, is flowing through the city (in terms of narcotics.) And consequently, what the police force should be lookinf for/concentrating their efforts on. As stated, it cant be used to pin drug crimes on a specific person.

Either way, i still think its a waste.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't think it will tell local law enforcement anything they don't already know.

Just another way for somebody to make money (doing these tests) to come up with useless or already known information.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All these Chemtrail lot could have a bash at these sort of tests - that is if they have any idea of what they are supposed to be looking for

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CSkys

Who knows. Perhaps the Feds can focus more on the communities with higher drug levels by these tests or maybe find out which cities has the highest commsumtion of pizza or hotdogs.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That's insane! I've never been bothered about drug testing for like pre-empoyment requirements, because *snip* there are easy ways of passing the test. The harder drugs is different.

Well, I'm totally descusted in drug testing because, my sister took a test and it turned out possitive....... She does, nothing! Completely clean. Not even cigarettes or beer! I beilieve she lost her job because of that. I'm not sure, but she had the job for 13 years and was laid off 6 months after the testing.

It's friggin crazy how so many people are convince that this technology is 100 percent accurate! :bnghd:

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Specifically "2e."
(removed drug ref.)

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Jbird]

top topics

join