It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 million year old foot print found in egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay, this thread is getting too ugly. If I'd known it'd turn into Jerry Springer, I wouldn't have posted at all. All the best everyone, this would've been a great topic to have a civilized discussion about.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They are taking samples of the plants from the footprint rock to test for carbon dating, not the rock itself. Carbon dating for plants is extremely accurate. It tapers off after about 60,000 years ago, but if the dating says it's 2 million years old, then it's at least 1 million years old.

The human/dinosaur story was a mistake compounded by a hoax. It happened at Biloxi, Texas. The mistake was that they were discovered to not be from humans. If they had been humans, they would have had to be 15 feet tall. It was later discovered that the "human" footprints weren't human, they were from a dinosaur. The dinosaur footprints were from actual dinosaurs. Later, people made casts from the footprints and perpetuated the story, to try to prove creationism. That was the hoax.

Zawi Hawass (sp?) is a very, very well-respected archeologist. If he says it's possibly 2 million years old, then it's possibly 2 million years old.

I think we are about to discover that man is much older than we thought and that there have been other civilizations before us.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join