It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 million year old foot print found in egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
The Bible suggests that Adam and eve lived only a little over 4,000 years ago.

No it doesn't. I've seen the assumptions made on that math and one has to have huge leaps in 'faith' to even consider those numbers.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I'm curious and nobody has yet provided an answer to a couple of questions, maybe you, as someone who believes in god can :

1. Who was the second woman?

Eve may have been the first woman, but not the only woman. After Adam and Eve were send out of Eden they were sent to a different land. Their son built a city. Does it make sense to build a city for 3 people?

Originally posted by malcr
2. Who were her parents or was she created like Eve?

Reason suggests she would have been created.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

It was true that until the 18th century - Age of Enlightenment - almost all Westerners believed the Holy Bible was divinely inspired and every word was literal and true etc. Not very many people believe that today. The animals you refer to are the behemoth and Leviathan. It is more likely the behemoth was an elephant and the leviathan was a hippopotamus. Even GOD did not know about dinosaurs!

We know the KT Boundary event ended the Age of Dinosaurs. That was about 65 mya. Million years ago. That gap in the flora and fauna allowed for the advent of the mammals. Out of which lengthy line of evolving we are now standing here discussing when it all happened. Anyone who claims to have evidence or proof of a dinosaur and human walking together is either immensely dumb or a fraud. E.g. the Piltdown Man.

It is worth noting that while we say with confidence the mitochondria DNA shows we all share one mother, EVE, about 15,000 generations ago but because we cannot reliably fix the length of a “generation” there is a fairly wide range in the number of years quoted. This does not mean there was just ONE woman, but rather, there may have been several 100 mothers and perhaps even a few 1000. But all the other mother’s lines of descent have dead-ended. Men OTOH, tending to be promiscuous if not philanderers, have given us several fathers over the ages. I.e., EVE might have had 10-20-30 children, many by different men.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
reply to post by Odessy

It was true that until the 18th century - Age of Enlightenment - almost all Westerners believed the Holy Bible was divinely inspired and every word was literal and true etc. Not very many people believe that today. The animals you refer to are the behemoth and Leviathan. It is more likely the behemoth was an elephant and the leviathan was a hippopotamus. Even GOD did not know about dinosaurs!

Here is the excerpt of the Leviathan from the bible. it doesnt sound like a hippo.

1. Isaiah 27:1: "In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."
2. Psalms 74:14: "Thou didst crush the heads of the Leviathan, thou didst give him for food to the creatures of the desert." NIV
3. Psalms 104:25,26: "O Lord, how manifold thy works, in wisdom you have created them all. So is this great and wide sea... there go the ships and the Leviathan which you have created to play therein" (AV);
4. Book of Job 3:8 "May those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse Leviathan ";NIV
5. Book of Job 40: 24-32, 41:1-24: "Can you draw out a Leviathan with a hook or press down its tongue with a cord? Canst thou put a hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a bridle ring? Will he make many supplications to thee? Will he speak soft words to thee? Will he make a covenant with thee? To take him for thy servant forever? Will thou play with him as with a bird? Or wilt thou bind him for thy girls? Will the tradesmen heap up payment for him?... Lay thy hand upon him, thou will no more think of fighting. Behold the hope of him is in vain, shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?...Who can open the doors of his face? His teeth are terrible round about. His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. One is near to the another, that no air can come between them. They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered. By his [sneezing] a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of morning. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth....His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone....He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble....He maketh the deep to boil like a pot....he is a king over all the children of pride."

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by sy.gunson
The Bible suggests that Adam and eve lived only a little over 4,000 years ago.

No it doesn't. I've seen the assumptions made on that math and one has to have huge leaps in 'faith' to even consider those numbers.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by saint4God]

Ive heard creationist who have come to the conclusion that the world is 10-15,000 years old. Whether thats true or not, is up for debate.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
why has this degraded into a religous discussion ...STAY On TOPIC or go to the religous forums . jeez and u call yourselves enlightened.

If you would like to comment on the footprint or even the religous reprecussion if its a modern human footprint . but why are we talking about hippos in the bible ..insanity!!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessybut on another note... how can a footprint last two million years? i mean.. man isnt dinasour, we dont create a ton of force on the earth on inpact.

I know it seems unlikely, but under the right conditions (no, I can't say exactly what they are), features that we think are very transitory get preserved. Some of the unusual things that show up in rock are ripple patterns from waves on the shore, claw marks from where a dinosaur clawed the ground, and claw and toe marks from where they walked in muddy water. There's even tubes that are the burrows of sea creatures.

We have some of these at the museum and I've looked at them so I know it's not some weird mark that they're making up things about.

So... a mark/footprint is made and something happens (ash fall or sediment of a different texture settling in large quantities) that covers the print. Millions of years later, the mud has hardened to roci... and there's your fossil mark.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
why has this degraded into a religous discussion ...STAY On TOPIC

no Im pretty sure getting off topic is common around these parts Mr. Squirrel.
Dont like the tune then change the channel.

or go to the religous forums . jeez and u call yourselves enlightened.

Some would argue that in order to be enlightened, one must truly be willing to accept all sorts of views.

If you would like to comment on the footprint or even the religous reprecussion if its a modern human footprint . but why are we talking about hippos in the bible ..insanity!!

I find it funny that you bitch and moan about somthing that happens on here so often. This is a place to discuss views of all kinds. It may not be your belief system, and thats fine, but do get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
So... a mark/footprint is made and something happens (ash fall or sediment of a different texture settling in large quantities) that covers the print. Millions of years later, the mud has hardened to roci... and there's your fossil mark.

Well Mr. Byrd. What would be the explanation/excuse for a hammer found in sediment dated to be 300,000,000 years old?

paleo.cc...

[edit on 22-8-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I find it funny that you bitch and moan about somthing that happens on here so often. This is a place to discuss views of all kinds. It may not be your belief system, and thats fine, but do get over yourself.

It happens here so often because of people like you , there are a ton of threads, all with wonderfull diversity allowing us all to discuss different topics in different places...(all of them have there rightfull place here)

no Im pretty sure getting off topic is common around these parts Mr. Squirrel. Dont like the tune then change the channel.

its not me thats on the wrong channel. go tune into religous FM

People like you that stamp the views on every thread that might be vaguely linked to something you would like to shout to the world over and over are the reason sensible discussions end abruptly, and people are reluctant to get involved any further .

you are not debating different issues relating to this thread you are rehashing your own views time and time again.

Of course your views are as valid as anyone elses but i still fail to see how discussing a mythical creature with loose ties to the bible and equating it with the footprint the news article is about, has any relevance at all .. if u can link the two i would love to see it.

if you are just spewing random beliefs please do it in the correct forum and Stay on Topic how difficult is that to comprehend , if you would like the views to be adressed in there enirity then go make your OWN thread in the correct area.

[edit on 22/8/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

"This could go back about two million years," said Zahi Hawass, the secretary general of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Zahi Hawass said that...?!

Anyone who knows him probably understands my amazement.
Those who don't: the man is, like, the epitome of hard-core conventional science (or "science", whichever you prefer).

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this is a direct quote from reuters news agency

wether he said it or not i dont know i dont work for reuters do i ?

am just posting latest news.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

its not me thats on the wrong channel. go tune into religous FM

you are not debating different issues relating to this thread you are rehashing your own views time and time again.

People like you that stamp the views on every thread that might be vaguely linked to something you would like to shout to the world over and over are the reason sensible discussions end abruptly, and people are reluctant to get involved any further .

Of course your views are as valid as anyone elses but i still fail to see how discussing a mythical creature with loose ties to the bible and equating it with the footprint the news article is about, has any relevance at all .. if u can link the two i would love to see it.

if you are just spewing random beliefs please do it in the correct forum and Stay on Topic how difficult is that to comprehend , if you would like the views to be adressed in there enirity then go make your OWN thread in the correct area.

You sir, are a flaming hypocrite. The sensible thing you should have done was u2u me so we could finish this in private. So, as to not further derail the thread (yet you respond the way you do, contradicting yourself in the process?) So, this tells me that you are just in as much wrong as I am (again, according to your own logic, which is very hypocritical) Perhaps you should take your own advice?

Kettle, meet pot.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
you Post so i post i have no need to listen to your drivel in private messages , its u that cant help replying.. u do it every time troll bait loaded and responded to ty very much for proving my point.

this is my original thread so i am in my right to ask you to stop derailing the topic . why should i U2U you , you dont deserve that much attention i asked you politely to stop doing what your doing and admited there is a time and a place for your points and views and this is the best retort you can come up with

Na na na na na your doing it to ...........grow up will you

it was not me that changed the subject totally so how am i a hyprocrite? i asked you nicely and now you attack , bring it on sunshine , infact start your own thread on religion and i will shake your beliefs to the core you poor misguided soul.

Deep down you probably think you are trying to save me .. .well guess what bud i m trying to save your mind !!

So, as to not further derail the thread

so u admit u have derailed the thread thanks again!!!

So, this tells me that you are just in as much wrong as I am

Again ty very much at least you admit you are in the wrong!!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Please stay on topic, discuss and debate the subject not other members.

This applies to all.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Well Mr. Byrd. What would be the explanation/excuse for a hammer found in sediment dated to be 300,000,000 years old?

Did you read the source page for that (which you cited)?
paleo.cc...

They say that it's not very old.

Such concretions are not that unusual or rare, particularly in Texas. To quote from the site you provided:

The stone is real, and it looks impressive to someone unfamiliar with geological processes. How could a modern artifact be stuck in Ordovician rock? The answer is that the concretion itself is not Ordovician. Minerals in solution can harden around an intrusive object dropped in a crack or simply left on the ground if the source rock (in this case, reportedly Ordovician) is chemically soluble (Cole, 1985).

So, the page discusses it in depth and (having experience with these things), I agree with the page.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Zahi Hawass said that...?!

Anyone who knows him probably understands my amazement.
Those who don't: the man is, like, the epitome of hard-core conventional science (or "science", whichever you prefer).

What's being cited is hardcore science. There's several hundred fossil humanoids in collections around the world and many are older than 2 million years. Scientists have been saying this since Mary Leakey's discovery of the hominid Zinjanthropis (australopithecus boisei) in 1959. A few years later, the Kanapoi hominid fossils (several bodies) pushed this date back to 4 million years. The oldest ones are generally in the Kenya area, and Lucy comes from Ethiopia (a neighbor to Egypt.)

The tracks are exciting, but they're not something that's so totally amazing that it's almost unbelievable.

...at least, not to the scientists.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

i too belive that humans have been around much longer than is generally belived

however i am forced to ask myself , why are there no technological advances found or at least evidence of them found... , i mean the current human population only started getting technicaly advanced (as we know it) in the last 50 years ... did all these other civilizations not have this ability?

were we proded by someone / something in an atempt to not lose what was lost before in a cataclysmic event? i am sure there are more events around the corner but maybe this time we actually have the advancement to let at least some of our knowledge survive..

or do u think we were just stuck in the proverbial dark ages for many a millenia and some unique event caused us to progress rapidly in recent times?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow this is crazy! a 2 million year old foot print!

this is an awesome discovery.. especially when they teach us humans have only been around for like 10,000 years in school
damn school systems

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join