It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy UFO video August 18 2007 SAmerica,Is this CGI??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Exactly Dallas. I have seen the video "Best Ufo Evidence Ever II" In this video there was a ship above a community light festival that was doing these light tricks, almost exact same thing.
The video was way better than this because there was a crowd in the video watching the UFO. It was a truly amazing clip.
I agree this is bogus. The only problem I see in the frame analysis is this snaking around of the light rig. The lack of an ending, and the length of the clip are suspect of hoax. I was just wondering the dollar value in CGI or practical lighting rig to do pull off these light movements.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
The only problem I see in the frame analysis is this snaking around of the light rig.

Thats due to them moving the light, or minute jumps / bumps of the camera. Try taking one of the led toy fans and moving it under a camera. Thats the effect you get.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetimeI was just wondering the dollar value in CGI or practical lighting rig to do pull off these light movements.

People often say how things cant be CGI because of the cost involved, The truth is if your a talented modeller, animator, programmer then there is plenty of neat tricks to create effects.
People seem to assume that to make CGI videos it is some sort of pay per polygon or something.

I dont have the talent to model or render such videos as I only work with programming but I know people who can and do have access to the programs able to do far more than what people may think, now this is where the money comes in, If anyone wishes someone to show what they can do then it comes with a price, for instance if someone asked me to create a UFO effect then I would charge up front, if I wanted one for myself then it wouldnt cost a penny, only my time and patience.

People have to realize that we have come a long way since 8-bit pixelated cartoon characters of just a few years ago and that it is almost possible to fool people into thinking its real.
In this instance there is a simple light animation using what may simply be sprites and a series of trigonometery values or indeed a rather simple LED toy (which I do believe it is).

For nay sayers here is a simple example, im sure you will recognise it.
www.flickr.com...@N06/511283665/

[edit on 19/8/07 by eagle32]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Looks a lot like the lighting in
the ceiling of a rave club I used
to frequent.

I agreee, where are the ecstasy tabs?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I see what you are saying image pro. I do wonder about these 2 particular frames of video. The shape is held and is not just a streak of light. It holds form through the movement. If the guy was simply holding a light moving it around real fast, the video would be creating streaks of light, and not practical shapes moving. I am not doubting your post, Ive just been dealing with video for 6 years.Still Set3

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Where is the background of this?

Around here in Buenos Aires i didn´t hear a word about this.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes dntwastetime, I've seen that clip too. The guy put his vid-cam on the grass to stabilize the image way above the festival as it was glimmering and performing pretty-bizarre stuff.

Dallas

Edit: trying to find the clip on the net, I'm pretty sure it exist online these days since it was aired on TV.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

and people worry how a snaking effect is done lol

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The fan is good , except the fan would have to be jumping all over the room to make the video, and there again would be creating streaks of light and not holding practical form in frame with individual ligt orbs moving perfectly. As far as the background....maybe it was clouded over??? or maybe its in some guys garage in Hershey PA who knows??

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The video was removed.

I wonder if somebody told the person who posted the video that it was being talked about on ATS...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why would they remove it after not even 24 hours ?

I have posted the clip i ripped from youtube last night, unfortunatly there is a watermark from the .flv converter I used to create the .mov. You get the idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If the guy was simply holding a light moving it around real fast, the video would be creating streaks of light, and not practical shapes moving. I am not doubting your post, Ive just been dealing with video for 6 years.Still Set3

Well if you've been dealing with video for 6 years then you know what frame rate is how CCD's work to express itself and how that effects the images youre looking at.
Youre looking at a chip being bombarded with light from a dark environment. "Holding" shape is not holding shape within one frame. It's a product of movement and the cam CCD trying to make sense of that light input. The video and the event itself are 2 different things. Youre seeing video interpretation, which is not always accurate, but does show typical video artifacts of the depicted scenario. And thats what you have to go by. The lights on the fan are synchopated, and dependant on movement of the cam or the fan, thats exactly what you'd get: curls of light and small dots (that would ordinarily be bars if held still). Youre seeing stobed effects being moved out of their intended orbit aroudn the fan.

There are several reasons to flatly dismiss this video besides the obvious led fan stuff already mentioned:

Youre dealing with a camera that you have no clue about. You dont even know what kind of cam it is, or how that cam reacts to this sort of stimuli.

There's no real world objects. No interaction with environment whatsoever. Just a light pattern and thats it. No information.

Nevermind that it's again from an anonymous poster on the net.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by jritzmann]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The ONLY reason the video shows the LEDs going into some snake like pattern is because the camera used to film it was filming at a low frame rate. It couldn't keep up with the fast movement of either the camera itself moving or the person moving the hand held fan. It's called tearing. Same thing happens when you try to play a video game on your computer, and your system isn't powerful enough to run it. The frames tear. 2 different frames will be shown as being spliced together because the camera can't update the frames that fast. Very typical of cell phone cameras.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This aliens/UFO board needs a "Jump to conclusions" doormat.

Ja, Ja, sure "Low framerate", "chipspeed"....

Ok here is what I see, I see a girl named mellisa435 that has videos of her grandfather, and sisters in her account on youtube posting specifically a Ovni sighting August 18, 2007 in Buenos Aries Argentina, she posts it and 16 hours later it is removed from the web. Why? Because of this thread??maybe she was contacted and asked to remove it for a TV show or who knows why.
I actually took the time to inport the video and study it, I didnt just blurt out fraud.
I do believe it was already stated documented evidence of an exact craft preforming the exact manuvers already filmed and broadcast . I produced stills that show how it held specific form and would be unlikely to be a streaking light around the room trick. besides in the "lightfan" videos given, you can see the fan blades in every one of the videos.

But yea the final answer is .. your right its a 10 dollar lightfan for sure.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I produced stills that show how it held specific form and would be unlikely to be a streaking light around the room trick. besides in the "lightfan" videos given, you can see the fan blades in every one of the videos.
Those fans do not make the light streak, the fact that they do exactly the opposite is what makes them interesting. The LEDs can be switched fast enough so they do not make streaks.

The effect is not made by the movement of the light but by the speed at which the light turns on and off and the fact that being on a fan makes the LED move very fast, making it look like the light from just one LED is comming from more than one source.

And in the videos I posted the fans were visible just because people wanted them to be visible, they could perfectly film that in a completely dark room.

But yea the final answer is .. your right its a 10 dollar lightfan for sure.
I don't see that as a final answer, just the best so far.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
JR,

I have much respect for your work.

I have a picture just like that and I was taking a photo of what I thought to be Venus which was low and bright in the sky at the time.

Or a stationary ufo,

If it was from the camera it would be in the other pictures I took and it is not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join