It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Real News" Network?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

What do you think about this? While, at least on the surface, this looks like a good idea, I don't see such an endeavor ever being allowed to gain any speed at all.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Here is a link to their site..

Source

It seems to be a pretty interesting network if they can get it to work.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hope it works
Though it wont get many viewers

I supose if we all pimp it it may work

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

What do you think about this?

Too bad they'll have to play second seat to The Above Network.

While, at least on the surface, this looks like a good idea, I don't see such an endeavor ever being allowed to gain any speed at all.

Allowed? ...When? ...Where? Allowed doesn't seem the issue here, though interest and financing would appear to be at the top of the list for those intending such. (?)

While many will say that money is the root of all Evil, there Are those who feel that money may prove the root of All Reveal. Me? I find the potential Robin hood effect quite ironic and somewhat humorous.

Who knows? Someday perhaps enough will take a true and keen interest in that which transpires around them on a daily basis. Not the daily "struggles in the salt mine" type issues, but more those issues which will ultimately form their or their children's tomorrows. Sadly, it would seem too many are caught up in Today. (?) Here. Now. This weekend, etc.

$.02

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Who knows? Someday perhaps enough will take a true and keen interest in that which transpires around them on a daily basis. Not the daily "struggles in the salt mine" type issues, but more those issues which will ultimately form their or their children's tomorrows. Sadly, it would seem too many are caught up in Today. (?) Here. Now. This weekend, etc.

Another great post from a "super mod" from a website that claims its motto as "deny ignorance". From the rules one would assume that ATS would be behind such a venture, guess not.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Prior to the OP's post, I've had no knowledge of The Real News network, nor have I been aware that they even existed.

Perhaps you missed this part:

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Too bad they'll have to play second seat to The Above Network.

With regards to that portion of my post which you chose to quote,

It was intended as nothing more than a reflection of the masses. While ATS is a rather large and ever-growing Community, we Are but a small, even insignificant to some, percentage of the overall populace when compared to the sum of the Whole ... fringe. if you will.

Hopefully that will soon change ... was the point I was alluding to. I welcome a more Aware citizenry. Unfortunately, it would seem that all too many are quite "happy" with the "world" around them ... that they "live" in.

My hope is that someone creates a means by which to perform Lasix on the mind's eye. (?)

? thoughts ?

[edit on 19-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

12m8keal, well, I seriously doubt that the big news corporations are going to just "allow" this network to step in on its territory. If the "Real News" network is going to make it, it will take funding from the public to do so.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
flagged!

Everybody on ATS needs to see this new idea in news... Well not really new at all but a return to true journalism.

for those of you that think this won't last, here is our job... SPREAD THE WORD!

this is going to be nice to actually have real news coverage again.

Coven

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't think it will ever be a major TV news source, not because of other news
organizations being against it, but because TV news is'nt the future, I think it may have
a chance as one of the major online news sources, and when later versions
of the Internet and TV converge, it may be bale to rival the big news organizations
of the time.

Personally I think in the near future the big thing will be ireporting, sort of like CNN has,
along with the many other interactive news and viewer created news programs
they've started.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would be cool if a site offered a partisan view of a event. Like putting up a someones camera phone or video camera view of an event that happened, and compare that with a news source. That could possibly encourage people to act as their own news source, thus taking away information from corporations and putting it in the hands of the people.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Instead of trying to compete with The Real News Network, maybe ATS can offer some of its opinions about UFOs, the Illuminati, etc., on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

Iori, that is probably ture. I am a Median communications and Information Tehnology major and one of the things that our instructors have reiterated is that the internet is about to overwhelm television. The ratings for television our at all time lows.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
hmmm.... fascinating.
If its all its cracked up to be its a very exciting prospect indeed.
But will the powers that be allow it?
Is it really as politically neutral as it claims?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Meh, its another news channel but with propaganda from the other extreme.

Satire, young peoples views, witty debates? Thats not what i'm interested in and seems to appeal to teenagers more than anything.... Honestly it seems the only difference is that these people are unflinchingly left-wing and claim to be on our side. Youtube has enough of that.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
One of their major challenges will be to change people's perceptions of what is "news", in order to incite them to watch. Will they be able to convince people that being able to hold an intelligent discussion on Social Security reform is more important to their lives than hearing about the latest hijinks of Paris Hilton, for example. This will be especially difficult because the majors will be running Ms. Hilton 7x24.

I'm willing to give them a shot, and see what they have to offer before I pass judgement.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Honestly it seems the only difference is that these people are unflinchingly left-wing and claim to be on our side. Youtube has enough of that.

Really? Where did you get that impression? Maybe I missed something.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Honestly it seems the only difference is that these people are unflinchingly left-wing and claim to be on our side. Youtube has enough of that.

Really? Where did you get that impression? Maybe I missed something.

Ok, I appoligise if i sounded as if i was forcing that opinion down peoples throats but i wasn't when i used "seems" - in my opinion it resembles something iv seen before. For example, global warming - there is no hard FACT that we are the cause - please refer to ultimateglobalwarmingchallenge.com... which still hasn't had a winner yet - yet they seem to be dedicating a huge portion to this (what about arguments against it being made made for example? that would go against the grain). I accept that we MAY be playing a huge part but most if not all evidence of global warming comes from the news channels that everyone claims are lying to them in the first place.

Compared to other news channels this claims to be the real news when other news channels report the exact same thing, but with a rebelion front - the only difference being that it doesnt have advertising and claims to be free from government persuasion. They (in my opinion) seem to be telling people what they want to hear but without going controversial, staying well within the rules - what about UFOs?

Also, what about whats going on in America (the Amero, clergy being recruited, the market crisis)? They SEEM to be drawing attention to foreign affairs rather than the stuipid BS thats going on in America right now.

Anyway, I might be wrong but we will see.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. On the surface this sounds like a wonderful idea. However, before I buy into this, I want to see how this network reacts to issues such as:

A New Inquiry into 9/11
The impending conflict with Iran
Globilization
The North American Union
the War on Terro as a whole

If they provide legimate coverage, I'm on board. if they treat them as "conspiracy theories" then all it is is moveon.org repackaged.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ok, I appoligise if i sounded as if i was forcing that opinion down peoples throats but i wasn't when i used "seems" - in my opinion it resembles something iv seen before.

No need to apologize. You caught me before I had my caffeine fix, so you most likely sensed something that I missed.

It will take me one, maybe two shows to determine whether these guys are truly different or just SSDD.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wonder what the Networks answer for this is.

Just as enviromental concerns brought Ford and other manufacturers to finally face the music and produce hybrids, and when there was a large "truth" push all of a sudden Phillip Morris was advocating quitting smoking and even helping people quit.

Will ABC, CBS, MSN, CNN and all other major news outlets advocate "clean news"? News without private interest or advertising?

Money talks. We'll see how the powers pull together. Just as car manufacturers were reluctant to invest in electric cars because of oil investments, we'll see how peoples porfolios can be shuffled around to accomodate "clean news."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join