It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

First date /meet up help needed!

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Okay this might be a bit more difficult than the thread suggest but please read
on:

Here's the situation, if you browse through the threads in this forum you will find one about me where I was asking for opinions on internet relationships.
Well anyways to cut a long story, short, I met someone and have gotten to know her over a period of time and we have come to the point where we are ready to take it to the next stage and I am going to meet her in the next few weeks. We are both as nervous as we are excited and before anybody starts thinking she could be anybody (as could I) I can only say that I have done my homework and found out more than I needed to to convince me that she is genuine, sincere and everything I hoped she would be, I haven't done this before but I believe in love and I believe that this person could very well be y future wife, however I am prepared for complications or even to face disappointment but anyways back to my question.

The thing is I am travelling to her city which will be new to me, she is actually taking time off work because of my visit and we hope to spend a lot of time together BUT how should we spend that time. I mean we are not going to be jumping into bed together (lol), I know it is going to be more like a first date except we already know a lot about each other, obviously we have planned to go for something to eat, to talk etc but I am worried about what else we can do? She has asked me what I'd like to do when I visit and I really don't know, I know how she feels because if she was visiting me, I would be thinking the same, having to enetrtain and hopefully impress a perosn you haven't met in person before, she doesn't drink so the idea of going to a bar won't appeal, I have thought of obvious things like going for a drive to somewhere nice as she lives in a beautiful area,
does anyone have any decent ideas about what would be a good way of getting to know each other while having fun and keeping that element of excitement and so on going? My biggest worry is that we will both be like 'well what do you want to do?' and the indecisivness leading to awkwardness and that is something I really want to avoid, i am normally an inventive person and I'm a talker (I never shut up
)so that is on my side but I would appreciate any ideas anyone could give me.

thanks folks

[edit on 18-8-2007 by pmexplorer]




posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
The thing is I am travelling to her city which will be new to me, she is actually taking time off work because of my visit and we hope to spend a lot of time together BUT how should we spend that time. I mean we are not going to be jumping into bed together (lol), I know it is going to be more like a first date except we already know a lot about each other,


Just jump into bed with her and get it over with



posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well, If I were you, I would research the city she lives in. See what things there are to do there.

Zoo
Museum
Amusement Park
City Park
A Walk around the city / town.

There's a lot that you could do.

Good luck to you and best wishes, oh yeah and be sure to come back and let us know how it goes.



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Originally posted by pmexplorer
The thing is I am travelling to her city which will be new to me, she is actually taking time off work because of my visit and we hope to spend a lot of time together BUT how should we spend that time. I mean we are not going to be jumping into bed together (lol), I know it is going to be more like a first date except we already know a lot about each other,


Just jump into bed with her and get it over with



I was waiting for that! ;D



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
well, If I were you, I would research the city she lives in. See what things there are to do there.

Zoo
Museum
Amusement Park
City Park
A Walk around the city / town.

There's a lot that you could do.

Good luck to you and best wishes, oh yeah and be sure to come back and let us know how it goes.


Thank you, good idea, and sure, of course I will




posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer
 


I was going to say the same thing. I mean you know you both WANT to!



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by pmexplorer
 


I was going to say the same thing. I mean you know you both WANT to!


I hadn't even considered it,not all men are the same you know, I mean why waste time in bed when there's so many nice sights to see and people to meet.
I feel a little upset that I would be painted with the same brush.

( Now where's that tongue in cheek smiley? )



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i would suggest doing as elevatedone suggested

if she lives in an exciting city there can be lots to do

especially if its a city you're unfamiliar with.. you can spend the good part of the week being out and about if is a large city

sounds like good stuff thought,
good luck



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
i would suggest doing as elevatedone suggested

if she lives in an exciting city there can be lots to do

especially if its a city you're unfamiliar with.. you can spend the good part of the week being out and about if is a large city

sounds like good stuff thought,
good luck


thank you, anyone in from Wisconsin?



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe you shouldn't dwell on it so much!? Just go there and be yourself. Do some simple things first, dinner, movie, walk, etc. And if your going to be there for days, there is going to be moments of down time, and you will be at her place alone with her. So I can see where the awkwardness may come in, considering you've never met in person before. Just, go with the flow bro.

By the way, if she does live in Wisconsin, don't say anything bad about the Packers outloud, they will rip you to shreds in a second, trust me.

Oh yeah, the first comment was hilarious


:spelling

[edit on 21-8-2007 by MadSeason313]



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Maybe you shouldn't dwell on it so much!? Just go there and be yourself. Do some simple things first, dinner, movie, walk, etc. And if your going to be there for days, there is going to be moments of down time, and you will be at her place alone with her. So I can see where the awkwardness may come in, considering you've never met in person before. Just, go with the flow bro.

By the way, if she does live in Wisconsin, don't say anything bad about the Packers outloud, they will rip you to shreds in a second, trust me.

Oh yeah, the first comment was hilarious


:spelling

[edit on 21-8-2007 by MadSeason313]



That is sound advice. many thanks


by the way which first comment did you think was hilarious?



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I agree with some previous posters. Just be yourself. There's no sense in trying to script anything. Just see if there is an actual spark when you actually do meet. If not, then hang out with your friend for the amount of time you spend there. If yes, then maybe you'll kick it up a notch. Either way, you'll have a great time.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I agree with some previous posters. Just be yourself. There's no sense in trying to script anything. Just see if there is an actual spark when you actually do meet. If not, then hang out with your friend for the amount of time you spend there. If yes, then maybe you'll kick it up a notch. Either way, you'll have a great time.


Thanks lombozo,
No I'm not looking to script it or have like a schedule that would be
boring, I like unpredictability but at the same time as I and others mentioned
above, it's knowing that I will be in her company for a few days and not letting things stagnate or get boring. I am self-confident but the area is new to me and I know she feels a little under pressure about having to entertain / impress me even though I will be happy just to be in her company and I've told her that.
So it's more about creating the right impression I guess and ensuring
that there are as few 'well, what should we do now?' moments because I've heard that being undecisive is not a very attractive thing.



posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Want to make a good impression?
Why not ask her to show you HER city, as she see's it, what she loves about it, where she hangs out etc etc
That way you can share an empathy kind of thing, BUT, also make suggestions if asked - it'll show you've really taken an interest - that's where the research comes in - "Hey I read about this great place, why don't we go there"
The basis of a lasting relationship is mutual friendship, trust, interests and empathy with each other - sex is a small fleeting part of a relationship, although a very enjoyable one


All the best mate, and good luck - I hope it works out for you.



posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Want to make a good impression?
Why not ask her to show you HER city, as she see's it, what she loves about it, where she hangs out etc etc
That way you can share an empathy kind of thing, BUT, also make suggestions if asked - it'll show you've really taken an interest - that's where the research comes in - "Hey I read about this great place, why don't we go there"
The basis of a lasting relationship is mutual friendship, trust, interests and empathy with each other - sex is a small fleeting part of a relationship, although a very enjoyable one


All the best mate, and good luck - I hope it works out for you.


Hey thanks for your suggestion budski, I see where you are coming from,
I have some ideas but I hope to just go with the flow, the awkard bit will probably be the first few hours, okay maybe get something to eat but what then, lotsa decisions! But I'll work it out,

thanks for the advice, appreciate it.




new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join