It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Girls?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I did some research and I have another question for Freemasons. What is the purpose of teaching it to girls only between the ages of 11 and 20? Besides, I thought it was only a brotherhood for men?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
rainbow girls?now this sounds hot
i gotta know more

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I did some research and I have another question for Freemasons. What is the purpose of teaching it to girls only between the ages of 11 and 20? Besides, I thought it was only a brotherhood for men?

Rainbow Girls is a Masonic-sponsored club for young girls who have relatives that are Masons. Another similar organization is the Daughters of Job.

The DeMolay Society exists for boys.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I thought it was only a brotherhood for men?

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Rainbow Girls is a Masonic-sponsored club for young girls who have relatives that are Masons. Another similar organization is the Daughters of Job. The DeMolay Society exists for boys.

Also the Order of Builders for Boys, which is similar to DeMolay and in the Prince Hall Grand jurisdictions is the Knights of Pythagoras.

This is quite common among fraternal groups spirit7. The Knights of Pythias, for example (a men's fraternity) has the Order of Pythian Sisters for the female relatives of Knights of Pythias as well as clubs for boys and girls that are sponsored by the K of P.

Some Knights of Columbus Councils sponsor a "Columbian Squires" group for boys.

The Odd Fellows have a Junior Lodge for boys and a Theta Rho club for girls.

These groups are designed to give young people creative things to do, much like the Boy/Girl Scouts.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks, that doesn't sound so bad. Our church is always doing stuff for the kids too. The age requirement thing just seemed strange to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Not when you think about it... I imagine you are puzzled at the "20" side of the age range. In the past, membership extends to twenty years old so that at 21, a member may petition the Order of the Eastern Star (OES)... The OES now allows membership starting at age 18. The various age requirements, and the difference from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and body to body further illustrates the lack of any single entity governing Masonic and Masonically connected organizations.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The various age requirements, and the difference from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and body to body further illustrates the lack of any single entity governing Masonic and Masonically connected organizations.

And to illustrate this further, there are no such ancillary organizations in England. OES, Rainbow Girls, DeMolay and DoJ don't exist, and neither BTW does Prince Hall Masonry. York and Scottish Rite don't exist in the same way as the US, and the Shrine has only recently been allowed and is very small.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Why? I once went to a Baptist Church that had "Sunday School" for different age groups. In one room there were young kids. In another there were teenagers, in another there were 20-30 year olds, and in another, there were people 40 and over.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm still quite stumped over the age range requirement. So is it something to prepare the youngin's for adulthood Freemasonry? And if so, why? I'm sorry but this whole Freemasonry business is freaking me out. It seems more like a brainwashing tactic to me, sorry if I offended anyone but that's my thoughts.

The only reason I am so curious is because of the recent invite from my father-in-law to meet this guy named "Pete" who is a higher up freemason because I am losing my job. I now have the sinking feeling that my father-in-law and brother-in-law are Freemasons, but of course other then the invite to meet with "Pete" they won't let on that they are one and maybe they are not but my father-in-law (great guy btw) seemed to have ties with a priest who performed a funeral ceremony for his mother-in-law recently and all around the church were freemason symbols and during the service the priest made several references to the King James version of the bible and he seemed to be quite big on Solomon. Somehow I get the feeling that the funeral service was "free" if you know what I mean? No, that's ok. LOL! By the way, whenever my brother-in-law talks to his friends he always refers to them as "brother" which he didn't a few years ago and he always gives them that toe to toe and shoulder to shoulder extended reach hug.

I'm not making this up. Again, they are both good people and I love the dearly, I just don't necessarily agree with Freemasonry from what I've seen and heard so far because I don't like secrets. I've also heard comments from them to strangers like "What union are you from" after a handshake.

So what do you guys think, are they freemasons or not. You can give me percentages, that'll be fine. Thanks

Edited to add, I forgot to mention that the preacher also made reference to a resort with seperate doors/rooms as what he thinks Heave might be like. Maybe or maybe not a similarity to the Grand Logde in the sky that you folks believe in.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by spirit7

Why? I once went to a Baptist Church that had "Sunday School" for different age groups. In one room there were young kids. In another there were teenagers, in another there were 20-30 year olds, and in another, there were people 40 and over.

That too seems strange to me. I don't know if it makes any difference but I go to an Evangelical Presboterian Christian church. All ages congregate there, from 124 to wee little babies.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
By the way, I'm sorry I shot you guys down right way with my immediate assumptions about Freemasonry as opposed to Christianity. I have to do somemore research before I can make anymore assumptions, if I even want to anymore. My curiousity is sparked, mainly because of what I have witnessed by my in-laws recently. I'm not big on secrecy, I don't think in my humble opinion does anyone any good but I know my Father and brother in law and they are both good people. And because they are so involved in this secret fraternity it's got me wanting to find out now LOL. So please just tell me what you think if they are or aren't by what I have just told you.

Thanks, and besides I think Jesus would probably get angry with me if I turned to walk another way just because I seen one of you standing in the same aisle that I was about to walk through.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
spirit7,

I have a suggestion. Why don't you ASK your father-in-law and brother-in-law if they are Freemasons?

If they are, they will admit it. It's no secret to be a Mason AT ALL. Most of us wear obvious Masonic rings and many of us have Masonic emblems on our vehicles.

I think if you'll look closer into what Freemasonry IS and begin to cull what Freemasonry ISN'T you'll have a better understanding of it, or at the very least will be more comfortable about family members with possible membership.

Here are three very good web-sites that I highly recommend.

mastermason.com...

www.masonicinfo.com...

web.mit.edu...

As for the youth organizations, here is some info:

www.msana.com...

members.aol.com...

www.srmason-sj.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm still quite stumped over the age range requirement. So is it something to prepare the youngin's for adulthood Freemasonry? And if so, why? I'm sorry but this whole Freemasonry business is freaking me out. It seems more like a brainwashing tactic to me, sorry if I offended anyone but that's my thoughts.

I guess the only thing to ask yourself is exactly how joining a club for kids could constitute as "brainwashing". It's not really any different than joining the Boy and Girl Scouts (which were also founded by Masons).

The only reason I am so curious is because of the recent invite from my father-in-law to meet this guy named "Pete" who is a higher up freemason because I am losing my job.

I don't know what Freemasonry has to do with it, even if Pete is really a Mason. If your FIL wants you to meet him, it's probably because he can hire you for a job.

So what do you guys think, are they freemasons or not. You can give me percentages, that'll be fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by percentages, but like Appak said, if you want to know if they are Masons, just ask them.

Edited to add, I forgot to mention that the preacher also made reference to a resort with seperate doors/rooms as what he thinks Heave might be like. Maybe or maybe not a similarity to the Grand Logde in the sky that you folks believe in.

The "Celestial Lodge Above" is a figure a speech. We don't literally believe that there is an actual Lodge sitting on a cloud somewhere.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I cannot and will not be comfortable with Freemasonry. I will however love my in-laws and try to remind them of the Bible as much as possible. Appak, I have a hard time believing that you and I are marching toward the same goal, but the All Mighty lord tells me differently and that is what is so great about our Lord and Savior. AMEN.

If you want to know everything there is to know then read the bible. Don't read Morals and Dogma or anything like that, that would detur you from the goal.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Sure, but I think you're taking the subject too lightly all of a sudden. I do have one request of you, and it may be on this board somewhere but can you reply to this post with a link that accurately informs me about the Hiram Key and the Vitruvian Man?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

"I don't know what Freemasonry has to do with it, even if Pete is really a Mason. If your FIL wants you to meet him, it's probably because he can hire you for a job."

BTW, I know what he was trying to tell me, don't insult my intelligence. I clearly told you before that he told me Freemasons within certain positions of power like where I work for example could and would help me out over the next guy that wasn't a Freemason. Especially if my Father in law told me sometimes all you gotta do is wave that ring around and it carries a lot of weight.

My response to this was that moral feeling in my stomach and basically I said don't bother calling Pete because I have someone who is more powerful then any Freemason and his name is Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sure, but I think you're taking the subject too lightly all of a sudden. I do have one request of you, and it may be on this board somewhere but can you reply to this post with a link that accurately informs me about the Hiram Key and the Vitruvian Man?

I/m not sure what you mean. "The Hiram Key" was a popular book. If that's what you mean, you can buy it online, but it has been widely discredited.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

BTW, I know what he was trying to tell me, don't insult my intelligence.

Then don't insult mine. I find your story highly suspect, that your father in law is making a big deal about "Pete" being a Mason, since you are not a Mason yourself, and don't even know if your father in law is one. That sounds about as fishy as a net full of flounder.

I clearly told you before that he told me Freemasons within certain positions of power like where I work for example could and would help me out over the next guy that wasn't a Freemason. Especially if my Father in law told me sometimes all you gotta do is wave that ring around and it carries a lot of weight.

But yet you don't have a ring, and don't even know if he's a Mason (if either one of them really exists in the first place, which I'm beginning to seriously doubt).

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No, I'm being very honest with you ML. AMEN.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

If you want to know everything there is to know then read the bible. Don't read Morals and Dogma or anything like that, that would detur you from the goal.

Are you suggesting that all the knowledge of the universe is encapsulated within the Bible?

Galileo would be rolling in his grave, dude. He was persecuted by Christians for proposing that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join