It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Time - Pentagon Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I remember watching the very first seconds of the Pentagon reports on the day of 9/11, live on BBC News 24. What stood out the most was the picture. The camera had zoomed in tight - so tight that only 3 windows of the same floor were visible. It was of the ground floor because as they zoomed out slightly, it became obvious. I also remember the immortal words "...we're receiving reports that the Pentagon is on fire...".

What is wrong with this picture? Two things. First, it started out as a small scale fire, with no hole apparently visible. I checked with a few people who I was with at the time and they do not recall a hole, either. All I remember was one window was broken, with smoke coming out of it. In the time it took me to realize what I was looking at, it was then reported that an aircraft had hit the Pentagon. By this time, you could see several floors of the building, and smoke coming out of just ONE window. The other windows either side were intact (you could see the reflection of sky in them).

At the moment they said an aircraft had hit, I knew that was incorrect - there was insufficient damage to the building (just the window) and no wreckage of an aircraft was visible. The wall appeared to be intact, with no markings.

The second problem is that I can not find this footage ANYWHERE in the archives. I remember this particular event clearly as it was THE moment that got me questioning the reports on TV, and the reason why I eventually ended up here. The reports about the Pentagon never added up.

Does anyone know where I can get the earliest footage of the Pentagon as seen on BBC News 24 that day?

The next time the Pentagon would be shown on BBC News 24 would be after it had collapsed. Again, this made no sense as there seemed to be little damage to the building, and certainly not enough to cause it to collapse as it did.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i found where what you are refering to but it appears to be edited out.

the clip starts at 9:16 am, so it should be 21 minutes into it when the pentagon is hit, but no mention is made until several minutes afterwards. it could be anytime before 10:10 which is when the E ring section collapses...

www.archive.org...
www.archive.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know about the footagee. The collapse was at about 9:57 or 58 actually, so any pre-collapse footage would have to be in a 20 min window. Thet'd be rare. All I remember seeing is the post-collapse slumping pile. And lots of smoke. But there are plenty of photos around as you know.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Actually when I read the headline of this thread I thought it was going to be about the time discrepancy--some 5 or so minutes--between the time when the explosion occurred that stopped several clocks and watches in the Pentagon (one is in the Smithsonian, BTW) and the "official" time the 757 hit, which has suffered time creep to jimmy it up near the time the clocks stopped.

Very interesting, another report of scrubbed early TV reporting about 9/11; we just had a thread like this here.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good point Gottago. Whatever the relevance, there is evidence of somrthing happening qt 9:32 (don't see how it would stop watches but it's in FAA docs and other evidence too), and initial reports that it was at 9:43 or even later. The eleven minute gap is made less remarkable by the final settlement on almost the exact mid-point of 9:37:45. Rather curious I must admit.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That would be about right - it would be around 1330-1340 my time when I first heard the reports (I remember looking because they kept mentioning EST on the TV and I was looking for local). It certainly wasn't 1400 here (I can still picture the clock on the wall).

I'll have a look at those videos and see if anything stands out.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
according to the timelines i could find impact =9:37 am est & collapse of ring =10:10 am.

i couldn't find that shot on the bbc broadcast, im going to look on the other 4 channels within that archive but that will take a while to download/review.

i did notice on the bbc broadcast that when the alert should have come in on the timeline, it was a replay of someone on the phone from earlier in the newscast.

Thats a good question to ask the OCT's, why is the bbc footage of the pentagon missing?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That is from BBC World. I remember it clearly because I even pointed it out to the people I was with and asked for clarification of what I was looking at.

Looking to see if there is anything from BBC News 24.

top topics

join