It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese toy boss in the middle of mass toy recall commits suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Chinese toy boss in middle of mass toy recall comits suicide

news.bbc.co.uk

The boss of a Chinese toy firm involved in a huge safety recall has committed suicide, Chinese media has said.

Zhang Shuhong, who co-owned the Lee Der Toy Company, was reportedly found dead at his factory in southern China.

About 1.5 million toys made for Fisher Price, a subsidiary of US giant Mattel, were withdrawn from sale earlier this month. Many were made by Lee Der.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[fixed broken link]

[edit on 8/14/07 by catchphraseneeded]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
With the ties to Fisher Price and The Walt Disney Co. , I am surprised this has yet to break on the U.S. news agencies.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
He commited the ultimate crime. I think he must have been mentally unstable to begin with. One does not end their lives due to something that is supposedly beyond your reach. He could have started a big investigation, as is needed, to figure out what in the heck is going on with all these recalls and instead he tries to take the easy way out. What a coward.
I guess Christmas may be over for kids :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Actually he committed an honor death, meaning that is still some Chinese's traditions that had not die yet in this modern times.

Rather than face humiliation he did an honorable thing, probable a ritual was performed before dying.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, yes. "Saving Face" i think its called.

But its still a cowardly way out.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, yes. "Saving Face" i think its called.

But its still a cowardly way out.

I will like to know if that is what happen but by the source it said that the place was sealed before anybody could get close to where he die.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And there has been a second recall

US toymaker Mattel has recalled millions of toys worldwide for the second time in two weeks.The recalled toys include Polly Pocket, Batman Magna, Doggie Daycare and Shonen Jump's One Piece playsets, all with small magnets that could break loose.

Barbie doll Tanner sets and Pixar Sarge die-cast toy cars with lead paint have also been recalled.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
this broke on fox yesterday....i was just about to post it....and i saw this one...if only i were quicker at the draw....

the suicide is "...frequently used as a means of escaping tragedy and shame..." in china
en.wikipedia.org...

i thought it was just japanese that commited this "honorable" suicide..

[theory]
but he may know something....(maybe the chinese are purposfully putting lead in childrens toys hoping that in 30 years we'll be too deformed to resist)[/theory]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
As far as honorable death (Seppuku) goes this incident was not a real reason to do such a thing. He didn't paint the toys nor did he put the magnets on them. He should have given up a finger at least and slid it across the table. But not kill himself.

Personally: I think he was killed off to cover a broader conspiracy. Think of it as Enron- all of a sudden top execs are committing suicide, houses blown up, and involved in car accidents. People that knew stuff and could rat out the entire corporation (and anyone else involved) were getting picked off, silenced or disappeared.

Since the dead can't speak- problem solved and the secret is still safe from the public's eyes. Just my two cents.

Seppuku is Japanese btw.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Thedreamur]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Thedreamur]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"Suicide."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Bad products are bad for business, and China has had a lot of bad products recently. Maybe they take their industries deathly seriously, pun intended.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Mattel has announced further recalls affecting millions more toys due to lead paint and the presence of small, powerful magnets that could be ingested by children

He might just know that it could be even deeper ..then we thought.

i will do some rethinking when doing the shopping..but there is no other place to buy stuff ???

Once made huge profits for companies ...now at a huge lose

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree with some that he was probably killed off in order to shut him up.

I dont see this either as an act of honorable suicide either. He was not directly involved, or was he?

I guess we'll never know.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He killed himself so they would not kill him first..Simple Asian justice.He lost face, and Millions of Billions of bucks..Let see if Mattels leader does the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This faulty/poisonous toy scandal is highly suspicious.
Does anyone else find it incredible that not so long ago thousands of PETS were poisoned in Petfood and now our children are being targetted with TOYS?
The two most vulnerable targets?

I don't find either of these "coincidence".
Boycott chinese products whenever you can.
It's not worth the risk.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
This faulty/poisonous toy scandal is highly suspicious.
Does anyone else find it incredible that not so long ago thousands of PETS were poisoned in Petfood and now our children are being targetted with TOYS?
The two most vulnerable targets?

I don't find either of these "coincidence".
Boycott chinese products whenever you can.
It's not worth the risk.

Don't forget the poison toothpaste from China that contains antifreeze. Something very strange is going on with China. It's something that needs to be watched closely.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
seppuku was normally disembowlment suicide...(they cut up they're own guts)...normally when a military member was lost to the other side...rather than be captured and shown that they had lost...they were given the chance to commit suicide...and would be counted among those who died fighting....

[theory]

if he was the Boss (and this is purposful poisining) then he may have given the order or acknowledgement of the use of these items in childrens toys.....he then would realize what he did was tragic and shameful...and then he commited suicide as a way of compensation....
[/theory]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Seppuku is not a tradition of China but a tradition of Japan and it is very ritualistic and must be witnessed by others, it is quite the "procedure". I do not see this death as a product of Seppuku

top topics

join