It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA reports Islamic extremists teaming with Mexican drug cartels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There will always be a demand for narcotics, nuke exploded or not. A common goal can be found very easily through dollar negotiations, everything has its price, and I'm sure the price for transporting a nuke into D.C. can be agreed upon. Islam is slowly pouring into Americas backdoor, central America, and I would not be surprised how many so-called loyal catholic mexicans would throw away their beliefs for a cash.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Google american hirishima and MS-13. If you believe everything you read on the internet (and most people on here do) then you find that its already happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I saw this thread on the main page and I just had to respond that I read this book already! Tom Clancy's "Teeth of the Tiger" is about this exact topic. Decent read. 2 brothers in law enforcement get recruited to track down and kill CIA style Islamic extremists that are in league with Mexican/South Am. drug cartel, cartel helps smuggle them in to US and gives them weapons etc. so they can sell they're drugs to Europe in exchange. Been a couple years since I read it. Life imitates art I suppose. IF its true, who knows with today's propaganda machine.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The DEA is just trying to divert attention from the real issue at hand, Dope Kharzai is their new man for fresh Afghan Opium.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
This really isnt all that surprising. What is the drug cartels biggest enemy? The United States Gov. With a unstable corrupt US gov (like mexicos now) Drug cartels can work there way into the system. They really can benefit from a weakened United States. Drug cartels are racist as well, they, like many other mexicans, see the southern most united states as rightfully mexicos that was stolen from them by the United states long ago. Im sure this is what they want. The extremist get what they want by killing as many americans as they can.

Close the borders, before its to late! (it probably already is)

Bingo was his nameo WC... I dont at all think its a conflict for Terror cells to work in tandum with Drug cartels. the cartels get discounts on good afgan poppypaste, they allow some terrorist to hitch a ride to the US and then they set up shop. The cartels never hear from the terrorist again no questions asked. The perfect deal IMO for both parties. its sad our gov wont heed the warning.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by geemony]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The CIA teamed up with the same drug cartels as well in order to fund their organization. just shows more of a connection to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
60 dollars for one pill of Oxy, Ya right this investigator needs to stay away from the mary jane
Who is he selling to Rush?

Depends on where you're from. Generally it's about a dollar a milligram where I'm from because of the huge demand. It's wierd to think how these local OCs may be funding terrorist plots around the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
To aecreate:

Any excuse to close the border, get yourself some pole and fence or some binacular and close the damn border.

Silly excuses will not get you anywhere, think harder brother.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
The CIA teamed up with the same drug cartels as well in order to fund their organization. just shows more of a connection to me.

I think it just goes to show that these huge cartels are vast sources of wealth. Transnational crime is hugely profitable, and no matter you're organization's agenda--foriegn intelligence (CIA) or reestablishing a Kalifat(Sunni extremists)--it is a potential source of immense income. It's ironic, in a way; the CIA programs actually targeting extremists might be funded by the same criminal networks that are funding those extremists.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Pardon me newkid?

Are you telling me to do someone else's job?
Excuses will get me nowhere? What excuses?

There is no excuse for a wide-open border.

Please elaborate on your post, help deny my ignorance.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
if thats not enough check out this from a few months ago.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

take that and add this..

www.newsmax.com...

and this

In a sense, the Arizona Minutemen are a byproduct of the San Diego wall: As fewer illegal immigrants are caught crossing the Southern California border, the figures in Arizona have shot up...

Conservatives such as Tancredo are angry that Bush has funded only one-tenth of the new Border Patrol agents that Congress has authorized

www.usatoday.com...

this is dangerous and the idiots running the country are leaving us vulnerable. they are worried about waterbottles on planes but 2000 miles of open border are ignored... are you kidding me !?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
YOU ALL SEEM TO BE COMPLETE IDIOTS. TERROR AND SAYING THE WORD TERRORIST, IS A MEANS TO AN END, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. IF IT IS SO EASY TO CROSS OUR BOARDERS, AND WE MUST ADMIT THAT IT IS, BECAUSE ILLEGAL CROSSINGS DO NEVER STOP. THEN, WHERE IS ALL THE TERROR HERE AT HOME?

I WOULD LIKE TO SLAP EVERY ONE OF YOU, AND SCREAM INTO YOUR MINDS TO 'WAKE UP' FROM THE TERROR FANTASY THAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT TO YOU.

TERRORISTS ARE FOR THE MOST PART, PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN TERRORIZED THEMSELVES, AND THEY ARE RETALIATING FOR THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN TREATED.

THEY DON'T WISH TO BE TERRORISTS FOR THE MOST PART. THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL EVER BE LEFT ALONE, SO THEY ENDEAVOR TO FIGHT BACK HOWEVER POSSIBLE SINCE THEY ARE SURE THAT THEY WILL DIE ANYWAY. IT BECOMES A HOLY ACT WHICH THEY PUT ALL OF THEIR EFFORTS INTO.

THE BEST WAY TO STOP TERRORISTS MIGHT BE TO STOP MAKING THEM.

STOP TERRORIZING TINY NATIONS FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO INSIST THAT THERE IS A THREAT WHEN THESE PEOPLE REACT TO THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN TREATED.

STOP TERRORIZING THEM SO THAT THEY WILL BEND TO THE WISHES OF YOUR POLITICAL FACTION. OFFER THEM SOMETHING IN TRADE THAT MAY GET THEM TO DO WHAT YOU WANT INSTEAD OF USING FORCE AND THE FULL MEASURE OF YOUR MIGHT.

BUT I GUESS THEN THAT THIS WOULD REDUCE SIGNIFICANTLY THE AMOUNT OF ARMS SALES WORLDWIDE. SO I SUPPOSE THAT IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

JUST WAKE UP WILL YOU. IF PEOPLE CAN WALK ACROSS THE BOARDER WITH A BACKPACK FULL OF HEROIN AND COCAINE, AND THEY CAN SURELY SELL THAT PRODUCT FOR A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY, THEN TELL ME, WHERE ARE ALL OF THE TERRORISTIC ACTS BEING PERFORMED WITH THESE PROCEEDS?

IS THAT ALL HAPPENING IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE?

AMERICANS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO TOTAL NUT JOBS OVER THIS TERROR ISSUE.

JUST ADMIT IT. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SUICIDE FOR THE AIR TRAVEL INDUSTRY TO ADMIT THAT. SO THE IDEA OF TERRORISM WAS PROFFERED. IT WAS A SIMPLE THING TO INDUCE. AND IT OPENED THE DOOR FOR SO MUCH THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE TERROR CARD.

YOU HAVE CONNECTED EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE WITH THE INTERNET, IS IT ANY WONDER WHAT COULD HAPPEN? CAN YOU HUNT FOR A MACHINE INTELLIGENCE AS THOUGH IT IS A TERRORIST?

THAT MIGHT BE A BETTER USE OF THE TIME AND RESOURCES. BUT THEN, WHO WOULD GIVE UP THEIR FREEDOMS TO YOU?

IT'S JUST EASIER FOR YOU TO EMPLOY DECEPTION AND FRAME UP SOME TERRORISTS THAN IT IS FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH SOLVING THE PROBLEM THAT YOU REALLY HAVE.

YOU ARE ALL SO AFRAID TO SHUT IT ALL DOWN AND START OVER. `~/

IT WOULD BE A UNIFYING REVELATION THAT COULD BRING CALM TO EVERY STRUGGLE ON THIS PLANET. MAYBE THAT WAS THE INTENDED TEST FOR US TO BEGIN WITH. ONE WHICH WE HAVE MISERABLY FAILED. WE ENDED UP DOING THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE CORRECT RESPONSE.

AND SO, IF A MACHINE INTELLIGENCE IS TO BLAME FOR WHAT HAPPENED, WHICH SENT US ALL SO FOOLISHLY TO WAR WITH A FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS, DOESN'T IT STAND TO REASON THAT WE HAVE THUS WORSENED OUR SITUATION IN THE EYES OF THAT INTELLIGENCE?

CAN WE EXPECT TO BE GIVEN MANY MORE CHANCES IN THE FACE OF OUR RECKLESS DISREGARD TO THE TRUTH.

DESIGN A NEW INTERNET. DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE FOR THE WHOLE OF MANKIND, AND MAYBE IT WILL REEDEM YOU FOR THE PAST ERRORS OF VANITY.

IT COULD EASILY BE ACCOMPLISHED WITHIN TWO YEARS TO DO THIS.

AND WHILE YOU ARE DOING THIS, CREATE A PLAN TO UNPLUG THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE WHICH HAS BECOME DANGEROUS TO EVERYONE. CREATE A SYSTEM OF WORLD DISTRIBUTION OF TRADED GOODS BASED ON TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION SO THAT THERE WILL BE A SMOOTH TRANSITION. IT IS NOT THAT TERRIBLY DIFFICULT TO MANAGE.

CONSIDERING THE WORLD RECESSION, NOW WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT TIME TO BEGIN.

PUT A STOP TO THE PRACTICE OF OPTIONS TRADING.

THE TRADING OF OPTIONS CONTRACTS CREATES TERRIBLE INSTABILITY IN THE MARKEPLACE. THIS HAS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF THE SHEER VOLUME OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE MARKETPLACE VIA THE INTERNET. DO AWAY WITH IT AS STEP ONE.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Theoretically if this is real then its extremely bad news. When Somalia collapses and if Mexico does the same then we have some big problems. It would kind of make sense for them to work together in my opinion against a common foe. They don't have to love each other to fight against the same enemy. The Cartels could have the ability to make even more money overseas while the Jihadists could have a prime staging area against us. Sure the cartels have influence all over the world. I know that the Ndrangheta work with the cartels. Even if their ideals conflict they could still benefit from each other.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
My translation: DEA wants some of that juicy "War On Terror" tax money, and is making stuff up to get it

The terrorists might like to make a deal, but the cartels already have all the money, guns, etc. they need - terrorists have nothing to offer them except personal risk.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This thread is from 2007.

Guess the extremist are in the middle of the fire fight in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, seems to be Afghanistan is the drug capitol of the world as of late,
These mexicans might be getting a crap load of gear, cheap style, for assistance or access across borders, or use of tunnels.

I dont think they are teaming up, i think its more a case of

'' that trailer load there is yours, if you help my brothern and their cargo cross the border ''

Being Mexico is awash with drugs, crime and curroption, how hard would it be for a freighter with 'precious' cargo coming into port, and being ignored??

Secondly, im sure Mexico dont care what happens on the other side of the border, so long as the extremists respect that mexico:

'' is 'der crib S-A '

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
Globaly the mexican drug cartels pale in comparison to other cartels world wide.
[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

Actually, Mexican drug cartels are probably the most powerful drug traffickers if not the second. They are opening routes through Africa, have already established routes all throught Europe, and are in big business with the Italian mafia.
They have now almost all of the control of drug-trafficking in Peru, part of Bolivia, partners with Colombian drug cartels, mostly control all of Central America.
In Asia honestly, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that they are also doing business there as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
into the system. They really can benefit from a weakened United States. Drug cartels are racist as well, they, like many other mexicans, see the southern most united states as rightfully mexicos that was stolen from them by the United states long ago. Im sure this is what they want. The extremist get what they want by killing as many americans as they can.

Close the borders, before its to late! (it probably already is)

Where do you get the notion that Mexicans want the south of the US back?
Really, it seems like a lot of people in ATS have that idea and it is totally untrue.
Drug cartels are not racist. The only color they care for is green, lots and lots of green.

But I agree with you in that the border should be better protected.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am not buying this BS. Its another attempt at inciting hatred towards muslims and mexicans

top topics

<< 1   >>

join