It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA reports Islamic extremists teaming with Mexican drug cartels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
DEA report: U.S. terror cells linked to drug cartels

WASHINGTON — A Drug Enforcement Administration report indicates terrorist sleeper cells in the United States are working with Mexican drug cartels to fund terror operations, according to a published report.

The sleeper cells and drug traffickers are transporting narcotics and other contraband across American borders, according to a report published by the Washington Times.

Hearing sought on Islamic, Mexican ties

Rep. Ed Royce, ranking Republican on the House Foreign Affairs terrorism and nonproliferation subcommittee, said the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) document — first reported yesterday by The Washington Times — highlights how vulnerable the nation is when fighting the war on terrorism.

"I'll be asking the terrorism subcommittee to hold a hearing on the DEA report's disturbing findings," said Mr. Royce of California. "A flood of name changes from Arabic to Hispanic and the reported linking of drug cartels on the Texas border with Middle East terrorism needs to be thoroughly investigated."

Homeland Security is a joke. We're wide open.
It's like we're begging to get attacked now, we've got
"gaping holes" and "gut feelings" and "terror spectaculars".

"I have been ringing the bell about this serious threat of Islamic individuals changing their surnames to Hispanic surnames for three to four years," Mr. Culberson said. "Unfortunately, Homeland Security's highest priority is to hide the truth from Congress and the public. I just hope we're not closing the barn door after terrorists have already made their way in."

Islamic extremists working with Mexican drug cartels..
What do ya'll make of this?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't believe it. Mexican cartels are capitalists. They depend on consumerism not religious fanaticism. Just more propaganda against Mexicans. I knew the propaganda would eventually make the Mexican the new boogie man. What is it with right wing America and Mexicans? Why do you hate us so much? I know, you are FOR "legal" immigration but AGAINST "illegal" immigration. We have been here a long time. Why all of the sudden you guys notice us and want to hate? Is it cuz you can't find Osama? Your war in Iraq is a fiasco so I guess you have to blame us for all of America's social ills. Yeah, we are sucking America dry and raping babies and drinking and driving and spitting on the flag. Give me a break. You want someone to blame for America's messes? Look to Dick and Bush, Wolfowitz and Bernake. They are the ones. What, are you scared to stand up to the real bullies? Just pick on the worthless and helpless Mexican. Who cares, they don't even speak English.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
"The enemy of thy enemy is thy friend." It would seem like NOW would be a smashing time to put up and defend that border.

My 0.2

FK

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Frontkjemper]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
the mexican, south american drug cartels
could not be working in a cooperative sense with militant Islamics,

their 'goals' are in conflict.
the Islamics want to fund the destruction of the cash-cow up north who buys the drugs,

the existing Latin drug cartels want to grow and increase both the supply and the demand- - two contradictory programs, that will clash sooner than later.

i don't buy the story at face value

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Interesting.....

But... what if the militant Islamics are giving drugs for FREE or at a very good price, for a favour ??? No gang could turn down FREE drugs, that
would allow them to grow like the post above.

And in some ways would it not be in the interest of a gang to have
more instability caused from some attack? esp. if in multiple cities?

And def. don't think that the DEMAND for drugs would stop.

And don't forget that the militant islamics w'r also teamed up with the
us gov. ?? fighting the russians in the 80's....who is to say that the islamics will do the same to the mi-13 and similar gangs? and turn on them to.

Anyway my 2 cent's,
Y'r Canadian friend Sven

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I take this story (well, anything the DEA claims) with a handful of salt, remember
these are the people who try to make Marijuana out to be one of the most dangerous
substances in existence.

Anyways, I don't buy it, Islamic extremists want a global Caliphate and EVERYONE
to be forced to live by Sharia and conservative/extremest Islamic values, and
South American drug cartels go against that completely.

Now if those cartels are running anonymous border crossings, that is they don't
ask about the person when they smuggle them over the border etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The DEA is thorougly corrupt and will say and do anything to maintain and grow its power.

The DEA will help import hundreds of millions of dollars of drugs, even buy, sell and trade it on the streets for years before making a bust.

The DEA is just another gang/terrorist organization.

If anyone's team up with south american gangs, its them.

A recent drug bust

The task force investigator estimates he made at least 65 to 70 drug buys during the investigation, generally paying $60 to $65 per pill for OxyContin.

He said a bottle of 100 80 mg OxyContin, which he identified as one of the popular prescription drugs on the black market, can be purchased legally from a pharmacy for about $986 cash, or less if the purchaser has insurance. The dealer can turn around and resell the pills individually and make $6,000 on the street, he said. He said it's not unusual for a dealer to move 900 pills in two hours.

The DEA fails to prevent 90% of the drug traffic.

Can you imagine failing at 90% of your job and keeping it, and asking for a raise constantly?

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Im with Lori that the dea are a bunch of alarmists and propogandists.I cant possibly belive that the drug cartels have anything to gain in an alliance with the terrorists.If anything if such an alliance would just bring added U.S.attention to them.Including possible military actions.Why would they risk that??

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bomb those extremists with playboy magazines. It would be much more effective than bombs, which only create more extremists

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
60 dollars for one pill of Oxy, Ya right this investigator needs to stay away from the mary jane
Who is he selling to Rush?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Im with Lori..

Iori.
(eye-or-ee)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the mexican, south american drug cartels
could not be working in a cooperative sense with militant Islamics,

their 'goals' are in conflict.
the Islamics want to fund the destruction of the cash-cow up north who buys the drugs,

the existing Latin drug cartels want to grow and increase both the supply and the demand- - two contradictory programs, that will clash sooner than later.

i don't buy the story at face value

i agree with that statement and add to it only that in my opinion i think to a certin level our gov is involved in the trafficing of drugs lol not unlike the movie land of the dead with john leguazamo in which if youve not seen the leader of an established city or society safe from the zombies which has police laws etc etc also happens to be the guy paying for all the drugs hookers and vices going on withen the citys slums. so for those reasons and for the fact that cartels may be cruel but they are not organizations built on war and terror there built on greed and financial gain and to be honest you cant be a succesfull cartell if your dont have some buisness savey therefore they most of the time look to the longterm repeat biz aspect.so to me this has little to no weight in my view.now that being said i do think that if they"terrorists" wanted to they could fid a way to get into our country with what they wanted for cheaper then working with a cartell i mean shyt your everyday mexican citezen can do it why couldnt bin ladens trianed terror opperitives do it?thats just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We should keep in mind that Afghan is producing RECORD amounts of drugs at this time.

This is a BIG tool in the war and NO criminal gang could refuse good afghan drugs for free or at a discount price, regardles of the "clash" of interest.........like they have morals' lol

Let alone the power a gang would get with teaming up with the alquada'
to be the "trigger" for terrorist attacks this would hold a city at ransom...
to see people on here (of all places) to just de-bunk this is something to look at....if we feel "n'a this could not happen they clash with there goals"
uhm....when did crime gangs' have goals its' all about making money...
and cheap drugs' is a good way to make it regardles who it comes from,
or what they believe.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
We should keep in mind that Afghan is producing RECORD amounts of drugs at this time.

This is a BIG tool in the war and NO criminal gang could refuse good afghan drugs for free or at a discount price, regardles of the "clash" of interest.........like they have morals' lol

im not saying its not possable i didnt debunk i just said in my opinion it doesnt seem that way.and from what i understand about cartel's from south america is that they hold the cartel title because there the ones producing the product the head of the cartell gets all profit while its possable in my eyes for "rouge" or start up drug gangs to do this it simply defies logic to me that they would work together and like i previousley stated if the terroists really wanted to get something across the border they could do it just as easily them selves as they could with the cartels.also like xfile said why would the organizations want to bring any extra u.s. attention to themselves? lol

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here comes the "Drugs Fund Terrorism" propaganda. I can see more wire tapping put into place to include anyone that calls latin america or mentions drugs.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've read so much about CIA involvement with drugs that seems a kind of natural fit, if you also know that Osama bin Laden got his start as a terrorist thanks to the CIA in Afghanistan. Looks like the Mexicans are just the middlemen, or the patsies, for another round of "terror."

And yes, since the US invasion, Afghan opium crops have never been better.

Call me cynical, but...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
drug cartels are from every country and have more power and influence in other places like colombia and other south american countries.and if they wanted to sneak in or do something deviouse they would probably use some one of a similar genetic base , not a native american looking people. I guess this is all conjecture though , mention all the activities of drug cartels rather than just those of one country that happens to have issues in the media with immigration. Globaly the mexican drug cartels pale in comparison to other cartels world wide. Not to mention that the cia is scarier in so far as arming militant peoples and facilitaing drug traficing.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This really isnt all that surprising. What is the drug cartels biggest enemy? The United States Gov. With a unstable corrupt US gov (like mexicos now) Drug cartels can work there way into the system. They really can benefit from a weakened United States. Drug cartels are racist as well, they, like many other mexicans, see the southern most united states as rightfully mexicos that was stolen from them by the United states long ago. Im sure this is what they want. The extremist get what they want by killing as many americans as they can.

Close the borders, before its to late! (it probably already is)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
I've read so much about CIA involvement with drugs that seems a kind of natural fit, if you also know that Osama bin Laden got his start as a terrorist thanks to the CIA in Afghanistan. Looks like the Mexicans are just the middlemen, or the patsies, for another round of "terror."

And yes, since the US invasion, Afghan opium crops have never been better.

Call me cynical, but...

Afghanistan was ruled with a iron fist when the Taliban we're in control. Drugs we're outlawed in there laws. There is no rule in the outer reaches of Afghanistan, hence the record number of heroin production. And the cartels teaming up with terror cells wouldn't be productive to there business interests, Surely there would be heavy repercussions from the effected governments.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
None of this is anything new. If you read the reports about the american hiroshima, you will see that in it, it describes members of the MS-13 street gang as being the ones who helped smuggle in the nukes and this report was from back in 2005. MS-13 is also involved in drugs as well so this "breaking news" by the DEA is not really breaking at all or anything new.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join