It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dust ‘comes alive’ in space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
because it takes on the characteristics of living organisms does this mean that they are aliens.

[edit on 093131p://5931pm by Anubis_4400]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This news article reminds me of this entertaining yet enlightening essay I read some time back. I've posted the link here on this site once before, but I'll post it again.

They're Made Out of Meat

It still cracks me up every time

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What I have yet to see anyone touch on as of yet was the following quote that was stated in the OP's linked article:

that the inorganic creations had memory and the power to reproduce themselves

so being as that we all agree that this is most fascinating, I wonder how exactly the inorganic material obtained the ability of memory? Also, when they said memory I am curious as to which form of memory these inorganic creations use. So in order to fully find the complete definitions of memory I went here: www.m-w.com...
and found this:

Main Entry: mem·o·ry
Pronunciation: 'mem-rE, 'me-m&-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
Etymology: Middle English memorie, from Anglo-French memoire, memorie, from Latin memoria, from memor mindful; akin to Old English gemimor well-known, Greek mermEra care, Sanskrit smarati he remembers
1 a : the power or process of reproducing or recalling what has been learned and retained especially through associative mechanisms b : the store of things learned and retained from an organism's activity or experience as evidenced by modification of structure or behavior or by recall and recognition
2 a : commemorative remembrance b : the fact or condition of being remembered
3 a : a particular act of recall or recollection b : an image or impression of one that is remembered c : the time within which past events can be or are remembered
4 a : a device (as a chip) or a component of a device in which information especially for a computer can be inserted and stored and from which it may be extracted when wanted; especially : RAM b : capacity for storing information
5 : a capacity for showing effects as the result of past treatment or for returning to a former condition -- used especially of a material (as metal or plastic)

So, now that we know what memory is exactly, I wonder which form(s) the material uses. I wonder if they learn(?) it, and if so then I wonder how/if these inorganic creations found the ability to learn? However the article did not mention their ability to learn while in space, so apparently that leads me to believe that there must be an innate ability for all things to learn. But I mean is that even possible, especially for inorganic things? So then, presuming that the learn-ing ability is in fact innate, then I find it to be less than shocking for these same creations to be able to develop memory. But that still does not answer which form of memory they use. And if they can learn a different form of memory after say... learning the original form.

Next, I was and still am curious as to how the inorganic material obtained the ability to reproduce itself. So in search of the answer, I decided to find the definition of reproduce at the following site: www.m-w.com...

I then found the following definitions:

Main Entry: re·pro·duce
Pronunciation: "rE-pr&-'düs, -'dyüs
Function: verb
transitive verb : to produce again: as a : to produce (new individuals of the same kind) by a sexual or asexual process b : to cause to exist again or anew c : to imitate closely d : to present again e : to make a representation (as an image or copy) of f : to revive mentally : RECALL g : to translate (a recording) into soundintransitive verb

So now that we know what the exact definition is of reproduce. I am left curious as to which form the objects in question use in the process of reproducing themselves. I also wonder if this is a conscious and deliberate activity or one that is sporratic(sp?) or possibly one that is innate. If it is a deliberate activity then I would think that this must have been learned or innate in itself. However, if it is indeed sporatic(sp?) then the substances must reproduce based on an evolutionary concept, but that in itself leaves me with more questions than answers. Especially because if it is indeed an evolutionary concept I find it odd because the creation learning/undergoing evolution is an inorganic substance.

I would have liked to know exactly which substances are used in the inorganic creation that they (the OPs linked article) are speaking of.
In fact, there is probably many inorganic materials that closely resemble organic materials even here on earth. Being either in extremely minute detail or of average size that is detectable to the human eye.

So as usual I am willing to bet that there is indeed more known of this creation then will be disclosed to the general public.

Another thought is that the inorganic material is not necessarily from earth itself, nor space. If extra-terrestrial civilizations do in fact exist it could quite possibly be of their making. What I mean by this is that if these ET's do in fact use inorganic material for their building operations which I presume they might, then this inorganic yet un-beknownst(word?) material to that of earth may be what the 'dust is made of'. Perhaps inorganic material of the earth variety do not take on these characteristics (as was described in the OPs article) but perhaps the ET's inorganic material does. Perhaps yes, these creations are alien in nature because the material that these creations are made of originate in alien civilizations exclusively.

With that in mind, if the material used to make the 'dust', is neither from earth nor aliens, then it quite possibly is from space. But that leaves me lingering with the question if space itself can make inorganic material. I doubt so, however without searching thoroughly I am left with just that a doubt that it in fact does.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by agent violet]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join