It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dust ‘comes alive’ in space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
SCIENTISTS have discovered that inorganic material can take on the characteristics of living organisms in space, a development that could transform views of alien life.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Now THATS weird!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
hmmm maybe that could explain all those grainy NASA video feeds that look like the bottom of the ocean getting kicked up.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting is all I really have to say. This finding really shows that the probability of life forming is no as small as we thought. Lots of things on the quantum scale do like to take on interesting mathematical shapes, this in the end my not be as big a find as it appears. Either way, it is still interesting who knows what this could lead to if they keep studying it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, Chorlton. I think it's absolutely fascinating. I agree; this should certainly be studied more; science is in dire need of an overhaul.

Edit: It suddenly occurs to me that some people might take this as "proof of Genesis". All I can say is... "Oh dear."

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That's a pretty scary thought. I found this image of a nebula a while back:

Now, the question that I have is, what does this mean here? Is that nebula the genesis of some form of super-sized life form?

As the poster above me alluded to, this could be taken as a proof of genesis thing. I'm not suggesting that, but it does at least beg the question. All that I'm suggesting is that we keep an eye on this thing, so that we may learn about what happens in our universe.

TheBorg

[Edited for content.]

[edit on 12-8-2007 by TheBorg]

Mod edit: to restore page format

[edit on 12-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Could it explain all the floating things seen near spacecraft?. They must carry some dust up with them which comes loose then it joins with other dust particles?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Genesis 3:19

By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Heres another interesting article about Space dust but from another angle

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is just crazy, almost the most unbelievable thing science has ever came up with.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Ma that is weird and that is crazy. If we could find out HOW the heliz appears and why sapce dust coems alive... in space or zero G environments, I think it would be absolutely great research and the result would be fantastically educational.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Very interesting, for sure. It kinda lends credence to a theory that there is a real hidden "force" to all things in the universe, and that everything is connected by this force. George Lucas may know a lot more than we all think he knows. I bet someone told him the answers to the universe, and it wasn't the number 42.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Very interesting, for sure. It kinda lends credence to a theory that there is a real hidden "force" to all things in the universe, and that everything is connected by this force. George Lucas may know a lot more than we all think he knows. I bet someone told him the answers to the universe, and it wasn't the number 42.

Well, since the "force" thing is a spin off from theories with thousands of years, like the chinese concept of Qi and indian of Prana, I wouldnt be too surprised.

Regarding the OP, in my view, since everything in the universe spins, that spiraling motion is even at the atomic level, wouldnt be too far off to think thats only the dust following that nuclear spiraling tendency?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's just plasma, Langmuir named it as such because of it's resemblance to living blood plasma. Plasma makes up 99.999% of the visible universe. Astronomers are so confused by all this, Plasma science is a well defined area of science and can readily explain all of these mysteries the astronomers are scratching their heads over. The twisted filament's are birkland currents, nature finds it easier to transfer power over great distances along dual intertwining currents. Electricity is the answer, The universe is electrical as is biology. There is no hidden force, it's electricity.
It's no mystery according to plasma cosmology, Indeed cosmology is in the wrong hands.

The universe does show signs of biological behavior. According to Halton Arps findings quasars are ejected from galaxies that are in fact proto galaxies, galaxies spawn other galaxies. I think this would qualify in scientific terms as life. The findings also imply that creation is taking place in the nuclei of galaxies, energy is being converted to matter.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by squiz]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, if you have to call it something, I would at least honor the chinese or some other civilization, who has been talking of it for thousands of years, instead of calling it "plasma".

Qi>>>plasma!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
It's just plasma, Langmuir named it as such because of it's resemblance to living blood plasma. Plasma makes up 99.999% of the visible universe.

Plasma in blood serves as a transport medium in which the blood cells are suspended. Is it safe to say that the plasma we're talking about serves as a transport medium in which matter is suspended?

Electricity is the answer, The universe is electrical as is biology. There is no hidden force, it's electricity.

So, then electricity is the culprit, the thing that sparks these inanimate materials to life, or something that at least mimics it?

The universe does show signs of biological behavior. According to Halton Arps findings quasars are ejected from galaxies that are in fact proto galaxies, galaxies spawn other galaxies. I think this would qualify in scientific terms as life. The findings also imply that creation is taking place in the nuclei of galaxies, energy is being converted to matter.

That's interesting. Maybe this cosmic dust discovery is really the discovery of how life does start. Perhaps, animate or inanimate, particles at the smallest scale are prone to this particular form that is capable of memory and reproduction when combined with others. Perhaps it's not the action that creates life as we know it, but the ingredients? If biological material were put into this same kind of test, i wonder what would transpire.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by squiz]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here's a question. With this discovery, can we therefore say that we are still considered life? What constitutes "life" if everything that exists, on its fundamental level, is alive?

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Whats life ? well i come whip out a tin a poety out of ya
, but instead, i tink emotions and death makes us alive, you carnt be alive unless you knwo your goign to die, only the living die (wow just me whos confused fomr that ?:puz

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Whats life ? well i come whip out a tin a poety out of ya
, but instead, i tink emotions and death makes us alive, you carnt be alive unless you knwo your goign to die, only the living die (wow just me whos confused fomr that ?:puz

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think it's the missing matter in the universe that's animating the particles in space, and it's probably what animates us too. I think it's consciousness, or pure emotion as in, I like or I don't like, or the "strange attractor".

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you work on the premise that we are, in fact, bio-electrical machines, then this gets a bit easier to swallow, as similar electrical forces may be in play with the interaction of the partciles.

Its does bring about some interesting questions about ET life. Will be interesting to follow up on this and see where the research goes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join