It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Head in Antique Store? Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Last night on C2Cam I heard a story about how this guy had ran over a bigfoot, chopped of its head and had it mounted, eventually falling into the hands of Sterling Buster, owner of Cuz's Antique Store in Lebanon, Tennessee.

The C2C article (with pic) - www.coasttocoastam.com...

Full original article (with bigger pic) - brentkmoore.blogspot.com...

personally, I dont believe it, looks like a hoax to me. And if it IS a hoax, did someone break the law somewhere? is it even legal to own a human head? let alone chop one off and mount it!

What do you guys/gals think?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I seem to recall reading somewhere that this is a hoax. Sorry, can't remember where the link could be.

J.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah I agree that its a hoax, but if it is has are there laws that have been broken? It does look like a human head, with short fur attached to it (id think a real bigfoot would have longer, less uniform hair lengths). If it is a human head, is that legal? Can I just go get a human head and attach fur to it legally?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is obviously just a Gaff.

Just todays version of the traveling freak show, only they don't travel and they make the freaks.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmm, it's only 30 minutes away from me so maybe I'll go check it out for a laugh.
Still, the story is somewhat unsettling that a dude would run over and kill what could have been a human, hide it on the side of the road and just nick off.
I might have freaked out a bit but I darn well would have called someone for help.
I certainly would not have come back later and chopped its head off, especially if it was a bigfoot as he claimed.
I wonder what was supposed to have happened to the rest of the body then? assuming it existed, as highly unlikely as that is..

Wig

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It looks like it has false teeth, where are the original teeth? - hoax

It is not a human skull, it could be anything, an animal skull or a plastic resin human skull, or it could just be papier mache.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I must admit I was highly intrigued at first, but now that I'm 90% sure its a hoax, the main question I have is just how legal that would be... has to be a resin mold or something, cant be a real human head thats been 'doctored'. Can it?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
too creepy...

It doesn't have to be a human head with fur stapled to it, it could always just be paper-machete or whatever Hollywood uses for its monsters masks... Don't look at me, I'm not a sculptor!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Actually it's perfectly legal to own any human bones. In fact you can purchase them online. Click here for information about the legalities.

However, I don't believe that's a human head. It's more likely a fake. The fur around it looks glued on. Notice the lopsided "growth" pattern. Also, I would assume that any "bigfoot" type creature would have longer hair and especially in Tennessee, the fur wouldn't be white as this wouldn't be effective camoflauge. It looks kinda similar to rabbit fur.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
To me it really looks like paper-mache (however you spell that word)
, which was then spraypainted (hence the white base and sporadic black lines on the face) with some fake hair glued on. Hardly ground-breaking. Also looks like someone got sloppy when gluing in the bottom set of fake teeth. Plus, the eyes, at least to me, seem to be cross-eyed and the nose seems to be crooked.

So either, this is one funked up abominable snowman (got in a few accidents :lol
that migrated down from the Appalachian mountains, where I doubt any snowmen would exist, since the Appalachians are not that tall, or this is just a simple hoax that can be seen through by those with even a below-average intellect.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
this is a FAKE.... the nose is to small, looks like false teeth and the white hair
I do however believe that bigfoot is out there somewhere. Did any of you happen to see the documentory on the discovery channel? I believe it was last summer, where scientist went deep in the woods(not sure of state) and during thier stay through the night, they were hit with rocks( which is a trait of a bigfoot when they are threatend. It was very interesting and I would love to see it again.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think i remember reading about taht being a hoax. someone took a deceased humans head,put hair on it, and froze it. Notice how it kinda looks like the face is decomposing

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Maybe there is some bit of legend behind that hoax though.
Bfro.net lists four reports in that area (Rutherford, Wilson Co. TN).
I live in Nashville and have never seen anything myself but,
three friends of mine were canoeing in that area one night in May, and experienced something out there which they still refuse to talk about. All I know is that it involved LARGE rocks being thrown into the water near and around them, and perhaps that's really all there was to it. But, they looked scared and wouldn't be caught dead out there on that river. Not at night anyway.
Anyhow perhaps an interesting question is: Why the HOAX? [Other than to sell antiques.] Have stories about such creatures in the area inspired it? There is a whole lot of nothing out there in that direction (btw Knoxville and Nashville).

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Leroy]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am now beyond the aspect of hoax.

(I, living in the pacific northwest my entire life - when not travelling - have had 2 encounters with ol saskie and - btw there is nothing I can say to persuade a non believer, and there is nothing a non believer can say to persuade me)

My real question at this point is this, Is it legal to display a human head in such a manner? (of course if its paper mache you can always tell the authorities that).

For example: Can I commit an unsolved (or otherwise) murder, cut off the head, fancy it up a bit, and display it as a bigfoot, legally?

Because to me thats the only option other than:
a) Its a real bigfoot head (in such a case, isnt it the same?)
b) Its a completely homemade creation (paper, plastic, prosthetic etc)

Im actually at the point now (knowing its not real - though im a 'believer') that I think charges should be brought. Shouldnt an authority figure inspect it? "Im here to investigate the bigfoot head you cut off" "Im here to see if this is a human head made up to look like you cut off a bigfoot head" or "im here to see if this is completely fabricated because it has no DNA in it".

I really do wish someone in the area should give this a closer gander. If it incorporates human DNA in any way shape or form, I think charges should be brought, if not, then the entire story is completely cleared, one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I personally live in Lebanon, TN (home of Cuz'z Antiques Mall). I have actually had time to look at the head, here are my personal views and opinions (for what it's worth)...

1) Frank Buster (owner of Cuz'z) truly believes the history behind this, or did before he died. That the person he bought it from buried this thing's body out on Sugar Flatt Road. Then carried the head to a taxidermist who explained that he'd never seen anything like it before, which is why he agreed to preserve it. There continue to be spottings of the creature's mate up and down Sugar Flatt Road. Residents of the area have complained that chickens, ducks and turkeys often come up missing.

2) I work in that area and have seen something that stands roughly 5' 5" and walks on two legs.

3) A dear friend of mine resides on Sugar Flatt Road and as children we both saw something unexplained in her father's field.

4) The Buster Family has always happly offered the relic for inspection to legitamite sicentists.

5) Too many residents of that area truly believe they have seen something.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Why don't they call in some scientists to take some DNA samples? That would answer the questions once and for all.
If it were for real, he would be auctioning it off for a huge amount of money.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Something similar sprung to mind when i read this.

I was watching a programme over here in the UK on Virgin1 called 'The Monster Hunter'. A guy named Josh Gates (i THINK, dont quote me) goes round different locations all over the world hunting things like Bigfoot, the Yeti, Nessie, some lake monster in Argentina etc etc.

This one particular episode was about hunting the Yeti in the Himalayas and they came across this group of monks high up in mountains who claimed to have a Yeti Scalp which they actually wore during ritual ceremonies. After alot of persuasian they allowed the camera crew access to it. It was actually really interesting, it was a fairly pointed scalp of some creature with small chunks of what looks like ginger/brown hair still attached. The monks claimed it was 400 years old but when the crew asked if they could have just one hair to test, the monks responded by saying "this is our yeti, we don't need anyone elses proof, we believe it", which sounds suspicious but when you consider this thing was bordering on a Religious artifact sealed in a box you can understand them. Would have been interesting though if someone could manage to get a sample of it.

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 24/7/08 by Liamoville]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ive seen that show. Which brings up an excellent point. The similarities in the story are interesting to ponder. A) they tell everyone they have it, even show it off a bit, and B) they allow no scientist (or 'similar types') to examine such 'earth shattering" objects under scrutiny, though they may show it off a bit to them...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't live far from the antique store, and I've seen this thing.

I once worked with an old-timer who used to tell stories about how when he was a child there was something that he had dubbed "the white thing" that lived in the woods near his house. According to him it would scream a blood curdling scream late at night and wake everyone in the house. One night his father released a couple of hounds after the scream woke everyone. A few days later one of the hounds returned severly wounded and subsequently died, the other never did return. When I first heard this story about Cuz's antique store I suggested to this fellow that he go by and check it out. He did, and returned to tell me that there was "no doubt in his mind" that this was the creature that had terrorized his family as a child.

Having said that, I will now offer a viable explanation; If you go in the antique store it is obvious that someone there, or an associate is an accomplished taxadermist, upon close observation of the head I concluded that it was merely a sytrofoam "style shop" head (one that might be used to model a wig) with a white tailed deer hide stretched over it. The hair of the hide has been sheared in the facial are, a set of glass eyes and a set of dentures have been inserted into the styrofoam.

Now, you have a story from a believer, as well as an explanantion from a skeptic..............draw you own conclusion, and don't forget that the fun is all in the speculation either way...........

top topics

join