It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzarre Deep Sea Creatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Stumbled upon this page of great photos of recently discovered, wierd deep sea fish. Makes you really wonder what else could be down there...

mundogump.blogspot.com...

[edit on 11-8-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Some good pics you found there, jimbo
I would always much rather be able to go to the bottom of the ocean than into space, there is so much down there that can only be guessed at and even then we'll end up discovering much more than that!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Some good pics you found there, jimbo
I would always much rather be able to go to the bottom of the ocean than into space, there is so much down there that can only be guessed at and even then we'll end up discovering much more than that!

Thanks
Great pics, huh? Me...I dunno about going down there - I'm not much of a swimmer and there are far too many large creatures (known & unknown) around these parts for my liking...heheh.

J.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just proves the point that this planet is such a fascinating source of information and discovery. Its funny that even though we human types have been around as long as we have, but yet there are still places on this planet we know very little about. Man is always looking to the heavens to explore, and we keep sending men and women into space, and we still don't know what other mysteries are still here on terra firma.

A cool site link, loved the pictures, especially the giant squid, thanks!

[edit on 8/15/2007 by Genus_Unknown]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Cool pics, I just wish I could read Spanish now. A couple of the pics looked kind of... off to me, specifically the "Peixe Sol" one and the first "Oarfish" one. It seems to me that these were taken near the surface, which is odd since I've never heard of either of them before. It seems I would have, with them being closer to the surface and seemingly very large.

OK, after looking up some other pics on google, it became clear to me that the "Peixe Sol" pic is very very exaggerated on the website. Oarfish, however, are apparently that big, I'm surprised I've never heard of them. I wonder where they're found... I'll have to look on google. Don't want to see one of those things swimming in the water at the beach and proclaim, "Oh my god it's a sea serpent those damn cartographic Europeans were right!"

Yeah, there's lots of stuff wandering in the depths of the ocean, I doubt we will ever find it all though. Too much emphasis on getting off of Earth and colonizing outer space and whatnot. Let's just enjoy our ride on Earth for a bit, huh?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
On Oarfish...

I recently took the kids to a kind of science museum in VA Beach AND they had paddlefish in a huge aquarium. Think they are related?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Jesus #ing christ! They all look like monstersO_o There is so much in the ocean that still hasn't be found, can't wait!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
bp0.blogger.com...

This one is just a Blue-Ringed Octopus, mainly found in oz I believe, which happens to be one of the most poisionous animals in the world. Apart from that, great find! Would be good to read a translated site to have all the info with the photos.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by TheOmen]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarrunner
Cool pics, I just wish I could read Spanish now.

Not criticizing or anything
the languages are similar (in written form especially) but just for information sake that is Portuguese. Brazilian Portuguese to be precise.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You can use an online translater to find out what they are saying about the animals. babelfish.altavista.digital.com...
It's doesnt always get every word, but you know what it means.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarrunner

OK, after looking up some other pics on google, it became clear to me that the "Peixe Sol" pic is very very exaggerated on the website. Oarfish, however, are apparently that big, I'm surprised I've never heard of them.

I read 'Peixe Sol' as Sunfish - here on wiki How do you mean exaggerated? Apparently they are the heaviest 'boney' fish weighing in at 1000kg!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What the f*** is that squid lookin' thing? And oarfishes can get that big, and used to be mistaken for sea serpents. Nice pics, and what big teeth you have!

top topics

join