It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Problem I have with Controlled Demo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

This is why the N.I.S.T. report does not follow the collapse past the point of initiation. If they did, they would run into contradiction with the fundamental laws of mechanics and the entire scientific community would have been sent howling.

He/she is so right here.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
yeah i have no idea why the bridge collapsed, but you already know that
lol

the thing is, if someone tried to build a case for thermite for THAT event they'd have a lot more to back it up with cuz cutting a horizontal support would be much more plausible than cutting a vertical support just becuze gravity would work for the thermite in that instance.

but if someone tries to build a case for the bridge collapse due to explosives, before i even got into the how's of the bridge collapse personally id really have to go over the why...it wouldnt make sense to "pre" collaspe the bridge from any angle i can see.

what are your thoughts on the bridge? cuz i know you dont think it was jet fuel, i know ive never claimed it was jet fuel. truth be told the first post you made about the bridge in this threads the first time i even heard of it.

hehath, thats a very interesting link, i cant wait to read it thouroghly later

oh griff, any more thoughts about the weight of the plane etc? u2u them if u like

later guys

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
what are your thoughts on the bridge? cuz i know you dont think it was jet fuel, i know ive never claimed it was jet fuel. truth be told the first post you made about the bridge in this threads the first time i even heard of it.

I wouldn't begin to know why the bridge. Access? Collateral damage from the bomb in the basement? Not intended to collapse but did because of the bomb in the basement?

oh griff, any more thoughts about the weight of the plane etc? u2u them if u like

The weight of the plane would do a lot when considering placing columns in moments that weren't designed for. Obviously the columns withstood it, but how close to failure did the added weight bring them to? I'm surprised to not hear anything from NIST as to the added weight other than a passing sentence or two.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well about the bridge...i cant rule out that if there was a truck bomb in the basement it could have been collateral damage of some kind (ive said before that if there was ONE CD theory i could find actually plausible, its a truck bomb in the basement but there are inherent problems i do have with it. of all of them though thats one i could give consideration to)

i have to try to find it but id swear i read somewhere that just before the towers collapsed they were leaning a few degrees off vertical. how much expansion tolerance would be built into a bridge like that? a few degrees at 1000ft could mean a lean of several feet, which of course would be less the lower you went, so the tolerance for expansion in the bridge would be pretty key. no? dunno.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
i have to try to find it but id swear i read somewhere that just before the towers collapsed they were leaning a few degrees off vertical. how much expansion tolerance would be built into a bridge like that? a few degrees at 1000ft could mean a lean of several feet, which of course would be less the lower you went, so the tolerance for expansion in the bridge would be pretty key. no? dunno.

Good point. The towers were designed for huricane wind and to sway, so I'd say there would be room for expansion tolerance. That's just off the top of my head without seeing it or anything.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
WTC2's top starting leaning outwards before it started falling straight down, but neither were tilting any noticeable amount before coming down. If I'm wrong then I'd like someone to post a photo where it is noticeable, besides the tilting WTC2 did that I just described, which was only a couple of seconds before it fell down.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Check this vid out, it's a smaller clip taken from Bob and Bri's video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
bsb: i was referring to a site i saw, that i will try to locate when i feel a little better ( i just got out of the er and im doing badly at the moment) that was saying how the whole building was few degrees off centerline prior to the collapse, i dont recall why the guy presenting that felt it was important i just remember the lean. not to say he's right or its even of importance, just something i recall reading. ill work on finding it later.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join