It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No smoking policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is the no smoking thing that is going around the world part of the beta testing they (the government) are trying out on us...First it was designated
smoking areas and then.. but out or else !! at work now in restaurants

next in cars and rumors at home ???

I smell NWO.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i'm not sure people coming to the realization that cigarette smoke is bad for you has anything to do with a NWO.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
one world one rule that's what NWO is all about ..this is a beta test to see
if we are going to correspond.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by slaveearth

No its people with intellignece who can see that Nicotine is an addictive drug.It kills people, it makes them ill, and furthermore it makes those who dont smoke ill too.
Cigarettes stink, anyone going into a pub or bar before they were banned would come out smelling like an ashtray and would be suffering because of other peoples drug addiction.

Cigarette smokers are drug addicts, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
do you think city water is treated because the NWO wants to force everyone to drink clean water? how dare they!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As a smoker, i am all for a ban on smoking in public places...personally, i dont want to risk harming people with my habit...

For years now i have made every effort to smoke as far away from others as i possibly can...i dont dump my butts, i have a little "ashtray" in my pocket where i place my butts and i carry it everywhere...

i figure...the habit i engage in is potentially harmful for others, and to not lessen the effect of this on others would be irresponsible and would be poor form on my part...

So i do

NWO has nothing to do with this...I choose to engage in an activity which will likely affect my health at some point, it would be wrong of me to impose this on other people, so I choose not to...

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Rilence, I tip my hat to you. At least you're a responsible smoker. It urks me when i see people flick their butts out the window. Our office just went smoke free. If you want to smoke you have to go stand on the sidewalk across the street. But they have free programs to help you quit which i thought was really nice. Would be a lot easier on folks if everyone did something like that.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
^^ everybody no its bad for you..but you must read between the lines.

just a thought.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by slaveearth]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
look dude, not everything is a conspiracy. there's nothing between the lines. what adverse effects do you imagine by having an overall decrease in smokers or people affected by smoke?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think if the government was involved in a smoking conspiracy, It would be how long it took for this law to pass. Allot of people voted for this law and wanted it. The government makes allot of money off cigarettes(I guess,) Why would they want to make it harder for you to use up all your smokes and have to buy a new pack?

I agree that cigarettes are a drug, addicting and horrible for you.

[edit on 8/10/0707 by Bumr055]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
we all know that smokes are bad

Why is no one bannig printers ???

Printers as bad as cigarettes: study

The humble office printer could be posing as much danger to the lungs as a drag on a cigarette, according to air quality tests by Australian scientists.

www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

An investigation of dozens of laser printers revealed that almost 30 per cent emit potentially dangerous levels of tiny toner-like material into the air.

These ultra-fine particles are capable of infiltrating the lungs and causing lasting damage on the scale of inhaled cigarette smoke, said researcher Professor Lidia Morawska, from the Queensland University of Technology.

"Ultra-fine particles are of most concern because they can penetrate deep into the lungs where they can pose a significant health threat," Prof Morawska said.

"These (printer) particles are tiny like cigarette smoke particles and, when deep inside the lung, they do the same amount of damage.

"The health effects from inhaling ultra-fine particles depend on particle composition, but the results can range from respiratory irritation to more severe illness such as cardiovascular problems or cancer."

your coments ??

[edit: added source link and appropriate external source tags]
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Lets imagine 2 worlds shall we?

One world without cigarettes, the other without printers.

Guess what the difference is?

1. Printers are damn useful, Cigarettes are not useful in anyway.

2. Do you see printers being flicked from car windows? Or do people duck out of work for 5 minutes for a quick 'print break'?

3. Do printers really smell as bad? Or turn your teeth yellow?

Im sorry, defending cigarettes is like saying that people should be able to walk into a police station and ask to be shot. Its all just Chosen suicide.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
sorry, defending cigarettes ??

no

but this just the begin ....

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I started smoking cigarettes when I was 9 years old and didn't know any better.

Too many years later to mention here it is my single, biggest regret.
I still cannot shake the habit; I enjoy a smoke after meals whilst drinking.
However, it is a filthy, dirty, disgusting habit and I don't see why others have to suffer through my inability to stop.

Last night I was in a pub and "after hours" the landlord said it was ok to smoke, I and a few others did; in a matter of minutes the pub stunk and can only be described as disgusting.

When the ban was introduced I was thoroughly against it and thought it was an infringement on civil liberties and part of an overall government plan to alter British society and pub culture, (which in may still be), but it's certainly for "the greater good" regardless of motivation etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
do you think city water is treated because the NWO wants to force everyone to drink clean water? how dare they!

Do you actually think treated water is safe? The wool is so far over your eyes its down to your ankles.

Treated water contains chlorine, lead, and pharmaceuticals they have absolutely no means of filtering out the water..

Now the smoking thing.
First you shouldn't be allowed to pollute everyone else, especially at work.
Back between 1989 and 1997 my workplaces were all smoke filled hazes.
As a smoker I got no relief at work, the end of every shift was a sore throat, and trying to quit with others smoking around me was just impossible.
Even before the laws were in place I worked in places I couldn't smoke, and I was happy to step away into the fresh air and destroy my lungs without much guilt.

The "no smoking in cars" thing is just another reason to pull you over and search you.

The "no smoking in houses" thing is out rageous in that it invades privacy, but it can also be a benefit, your entire house doesn't fill with pollution, doesn't pollute the next people who live there or guests who visit.

It turns out that tobacco smoke doesn't just get "stale" in the air, it becomes more toxic as it is souring in the air.

If the governments actually cared about people's health then they would funnel the taxes from tobacco directly into health care for smokers and smoker cessation programs. This is not what they do.

In New Jersey, in 2002 I believe, they raised the cigarette tax eighty cents or so, and reduced the number of smoker cessation centers from eight to two.

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
3. Do printers really smell as bad? Or turn your teeth yellow?

Well it depends on your tastes actually. They can have a noxious smell or it could be the exciting smell of "work". Same holds true for tobacco. If you are smoking it doesn't smell so awful, but if you aren't...ugh...nastiness!

Now also consider you won't be inclined to cover your face around printers and xerox machines if you didn't know how toxic they are and then you keep breathing. Also consider over time the particles build up on everything in the office, everyone in the offices clothes and hair and they take the particles home with them, picking up their little babies from daycare while covered in electromagnetic sensitive soot.

I suspected the toner cartridges were somehow toxic way back in 1990 when I was getting repeated throat and skin infections which seemed to coincide with my having to service the machines.

Now that its been confirmed, its a good thing I never invested in one for my home
and got the hell out of the graphics business.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Legalizer]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

we all know that smokes are bad...
...Why is no one bannig printers ???

Well mostly I'd guess it's cause that finding about printers is pretty new (if it's even real that is). How long has it taken, and how many people had to die, to get cigarette smoking banned?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I consider the smoking ban as the government finally doing something right! I work weekends at a nightclub and it has become a lot cleaner, and its great not going home reeking of cigarette smoke! The club does, however, smell of B.O instead now lol

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And here I thought the NWO was trying to reduce half the worlds population. Now its trying save the population from cigs.

NWO is sure getting confusing these days.

Smoking will never be completely banned, there is simply too much money involved and we all know the politicians love the tobacco lobyiests or it would already be banned.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My Opinion

alot of people are doing a bunch of wonk wonk wonk saying cigarettes are

bad and you cant defend them and a bunch of jazz.

Who cares but uptitght stuck up people who have nothing better to do than

stick their noses in other peoples business?

I dont smoke but I really dont care if people do smoke, if I get offended by

the smell I go away.

anyways thats my opinions have a great day

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
My Opinion

alot of people are doing a bunch of wonk wonk wonk saying cigarettes are
bad and you cant defend them and a bunch of jazz.
Who cares but uptitght stuck up people who have nothing better to do than
stick their noses in other peoples business?
I dont smoke but I really dont care if people do smoke, if I get offended by the smell I go away.anyways thats my opinions have a great day

And thats fine and dandy untill you develope Lung Cancer from other peoples smoke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join