It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of the Greys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Your snobbery is insufferable.

I appreciate your opinion. Rest assured you are well aware of the value I place on that.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I would say that space travel could *be nearly instantaneous if one is advanced enough.

Folding space time would mean instant 'travel', more of a merging with any area at any moment. I think E.T.'s 'travel' with multidimensional capability by folding space-time, allowing them to materialize as near-apparitions in our dimension. They aren't just extra terrestrial, but extra dimensional, and are aware of how to manipulate the universe in ways we can't imagine. After all, physics is what we can observe, but the multidimensional universe is magnitudes larger than we can observe with any instrument or natural senses.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Folding space time would mean instant 'travel', more of a merging with any area at any moment. I think E.T.'s 'travel' with multidimensional capability by folding space-time, allowing them to materialize as near-apparitions in our dimension. They aren't just extra terrestrial, but extra dimensional, and are aware of how to manipulate the universe in ways we can't imagine. After all, physics is what we can observe, but the multidimensional universe is magnitudes larger than we can observe with any instrument or natural senses.

That is one way to do it, certainly. Unsure about the effects on space/time when you do this.

Another possibility would be to utilize waves that we are not currently familiar with. For example, when you bind two photons, what communicates between them? How does one instantly know what the other is doing?

Or, if you agree with the theory of gravity A and B waves, what benefit would utilizing such concepts have for us?

There are many unknown energies and unknown effects, for sure. For instance, how can we tap into the energy source for electrons?

There are some here who are doing the hard footwork. I am going to let them come forward with their results, as i am completely outclassed by them mathematically and scientifically. I just kind of hitch a ride.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Your snobbery is insufferable.

I hate to break it to you but you ain't seen me being snobbish yet.

I only pointed out that your pronouncements like "who knows what's possible?" carry an amount of information that is identically zero. For all you know, I might be an android from the Galaxy. Who knows? Or the greys could have already infected you, BFFT, with larvae of Supreme Being Zmorrg. You don't know whether it's true or not.

Statements like "with right technology, you can fold space such that it takes zero time to travel from point A to point B" are in the same category.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Statements like "with right technology, you can fold space such that it takes zero time to travel from point A to point B" are in the same category.

That theory has already been in discussion amongst well known physicists since star trek... The idea of folding space-time has already been discussed... it's old news. The question now is what technology would be capable of that.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
That theory has already been in discussion amongst well known physicists since star trek... The idea of folding space-time has already been discussed... it's old news.

Do you have any idea how many mathematical constructs are being discussed in theoretical physics as foundations of its future models? We can't even get a firm fix on what the Higgs sector will look like -- we are waiting for the data -- stay tuned to the LHC results in a couple of years. Same goes for supersymmetry.

A discussion amongst theoreticians can be an interesting subject, I would agree with that.

The question now is what technology would be capable of that.

No, that's where I disagree... You portray it like something that's been all figured out but it ain't. We still don't know enough and that's exactly why speculations remain speculation, not more than that. As I said in a different thread, I may wake up to see a dinosaur in my backyard. Do I need to dwell on such possibility? Hardly.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
BS, being a theoretical physicist, i would expect you to understand the not so subtle nuances between "possibility" and "probability".

Besides, without anything more tangible to go on, dwelling on it may be a good way to help push the theory further.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

BS, being a theoretical physicist, i would expect you to understand the not so subtle nuances between "possibility" and "probability".

In the spirit of friendliness, BFFT, (which I sort of miss), I am a hardcore experimentalist by virtue of my background. I now shifted more into the software that is used to process experimental data. I am however acquainted quite well with the concept of probability

If you want to mutate the possibility into probability, you could say "there is a fifty percent chance that I encounter a dinosaur tomorrow -- because either I see it, or I don't". Believe it or not, this is an actual case from a textbook.

Besides, without anything more tangible to go on, dwelling on it may be a good way to help push the theory further.

I can't but share your desperation resulting from lack of tangible things presented on this board. I mean, in absence of any significant or credible data, you really can start wanting to dwell on any proposition however improbable, just to pique your curiosity.

I feel your pain.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

LOL

I have had the flu and have felt pretty horrible the past couple of days. This post gave me the best laugh i have had (and the longest coughing fit, might i add). Thanks.

Regards

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The most common Star Visitor race encountered, the Zetas, has a number of variants. These variations in size and details of appearance may represent origins on different planets. This Zeta race is popularly, and rather imprecisely, called the "Greys". The Zetas are stereotyped, by uninformed or careless writers, as: short, upright, two-legged beings, three-and-a-half feet tall, with grayish- white skin, large, hairless, fetal-shaped heads, with huge, all-black, sloping, almond-shaped eyes without pupils or eyelids, whose eyes wrap around partially towards the temple-area sides of the head, a narrow jaw tapering to almost a V, small nostril holes but no nose, a small, thin, lip-less, horizontal slit for a mouth, thin torsos with no ribs and no genitals evident, long, spindly, but surprisingly strong arms reaching to the knees, similarly long, very thin legs, and hands with three long, non-tapering, joint-less fingers, which end in claws instead of fingernails, but no thumb.

To be sure, there is such a race of beings; or at least a race, of which this is one variant. However, there are also: five-foot tall Zetas, seven-foot tall Zetas, Zetas with mushroom-white skin, Zetas with brown skin, Zetas with black skin, Zetas whose large eyes have a thin nictitating membrane which can extend across the eye, Zetas with midnight-blue eyes, Zetas with wispy fine small amounts of hair on their heads, Zetas with four fingers, and Zetas with three or four fingers plus another finger positioned where the human thumb would be, and Zetas whose fingers end with suction-cup-like tips.

www.drboylan.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join