It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right and Wrong in Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

And then you suddenly end up 2000-odd years back, back in Jewish times where Jesus condemns very holy and righteous people, for not getting the point.
(I'm referring of course to the Pharisee's etc.)

So, the people who condemned Christ were "holy?" Really? By whose standards? Certainly not by Christ's. Christ told the Seducee's and the Pharisees that their "father was the devil."

[edit on 11-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
My pleasure.

I would like to add that I don't think it is possible to sanctify one's self by or while condemning others. The two are mutually exclusive.

My opinion is that anything is possible through God, even those things that don't even seem justified.

For example, let's take the perspective of a coach. His goal is to get you emotionaly in the game. So he might say something like

"My Grandmother runs better than you Smith!" or depending on the pride of the teammate, something more harsh like "You'll never play 1st string!"

It's very possible that the Coach has all the best intentions and is merely manipulating the player around the players own obstacles. In this way a person could very well sanctify himself whislt condeming others.

However, if one actually believes that someone else should be condemned, then I agree with you. You shut the door on yourself when you shut the door on others. Because when you look at others you look at yourself. If we begin to look at the world this way, then God can really speak to us in a vivid and personal way, Jesus leveraged this in his ministry quite a bit.

I wrote a poem about it once...

If I'm hating on you
Well then I'm hating on me
Cuz when I'm talking to you
I'm really talking to me
Everything that I do,
And anything that I see,
Everything that I hear
Is always filtered through ME!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Aldolas

And then you suddenly end up 2000-odd years back, back in Jewish times where Jesus condemns very holy and righteous people, for not getting the point.
(I'm referring of course to the Pharisee's etc.)

So, the people who condemned Christ were "holy?" Really? By whose standards? Certainly not by Christ's. Christ told the Seducee's and the Pharisees that their "father was the devil."

[edit on 11-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Actually, you have to look at the relationship Jesus had with the Temple and it's elders in a very unique way. This was Jesus's presonal Axe to grind. Which is why, in the end, the crucifixion happened as it did.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join