It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 of the top 10 pakistani pop stars sing out against terror!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
and yet you always hear comments such as "muslims don't speak out against terrorism!"

Here's a link to the story and a video

just goes to show you that we have a distorted view of the world when we say that there isn't anyone in the muslim world condeming terrorism

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sadly the people you are trying to reach are probably going to ignore this, as they ignore every bit of evidence that most Muslims oppose terrorism.

The want to believe that Muslims are terrorists or terrorist supporters, because they want an excuse for religious war and genocide - not coincidentally, exactly like Osama Bin Laden and his brethren do.

People see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear.
Sad but true.

[edit on 8/8/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
it's really sad that nobody is commenting on this... where are those that throw around words like "islamofascist" so easily?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks alot, Ive never seen this, I love it. As a muslim myself I agree this is how we all feel, whats going on, terrorists arent real muslims, we are not them, Ignorant people look at muslims with hate. We are not that. Whats going on with the world.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
But you dont think there is a chance of them responding because the radical Muslims want to ban their music, personal lives, clothes, films, way of life, money, alcohol they drink etc etc etc.
Do you think that might have a teensy weensy bit to do with why they made the song?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think there are plenty of good reasons for mainstream Muslims to distance themselves from the fanatics. I know a few Pakistani Muslims actually, and I could never reconcile the ones I've known what I hear of with the radical types, since they're all pretty relaxed.

I get the impression that most of the radicals in Pakistan come from more rural areas, and are seen as "hicks" - much like mainstream Americans see hardcore fundamentalist Bible Belt types.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I get the impression that most of the radicals in Pakistan come from more rural areas, and are seen as "hicks" - much like mainstream Americans see hardcore fundamentalist Bible Belt types.

probably

Originally posted by Chorlton
But you dont think there is a chance of them responding because the radical Muslims want to ban their music, personal lives, clothes, films, way of life, money, alcohol they drink etc etc etc.
Do you think that might have a teensy weensy bit to do with why they made the song?

that's exactly WHY they made the song. they want to get rid of their freedoms, they want to oppress the general populace. it isn' just THEIR music, the the right of everyone that listens to it to listen to it. not just their personal lives, everyone's personal life. not just their clothes, everyone's clothes. etc

then there are the tactics these people use to try to force their fundamentalist beliefs on people

top topics

join