It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to date video of the earth and space.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I thought about this quite some time ago but just remembered it now for some reason, where is all this video and images of the earth and human space activity if we have so many satellites and stuff flying about?

We should be able to see standard or even high definition video of the earth and obviously thousands of images that must be updated regularly on weather etc?

Well i know of the weather images but it seems like they're mostly black and white and/or mediocre quality, not really being of much interest as you'd expect but there must be quite a few websites with some good stuff by now.

I want to see high quality video of the earth from space, the iss, shuttle etc but i've searched in the past and found little, let alone any up to date video.

I wonder is it just me not looking very heard or am i right in thinking theres something not quite right about this?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
NASA has their own channel that you can usually get from your television provider, usually they broadcast down live (pretty sure it's live) video when they're doing missions...now live video of activity in space when there's no mission going on, I guess that's just not done because there's too little demand for it to justify it commercially.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Not a video, but high quality image of earth and the ISS.

Try this link for videos.

www.nasa.gov...

There is also a great IMAX film shot from a shuttle mission to the ISS.

www.kennedyspacecenter.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Anyone know where to watch the mission that launches tonight, live feeds of video or at least audio?

We should see all those things flying around like the STS videos, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I dont think Nasa broadcasts a 'live' feed..there is a delay now ever since one of those 'sts' video boo-boo's...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I saw a bunch of those "phenomena #2" Martyn Stubbs "discovered" while the shuttle was in orbit. Look like sparks on speed.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah i knew they had various low quality web videos and sometimes live streaming but you can't get much from that and its delayed and would possibly get edited if need be, im after preferably hd video and images of the earth from a distance showing one whole side and most importantly thats being updated regularly, i've never seen this particularly as its almost always weather and zoomed in on a part plus limited to a certain spectrum, think how nice it would be to see live video of the whole earth as the sat orbits around, even images would be pretty cool but i've never heard of this exactly, it seems odd and such a shame we're missing out if thats really the case.

You can guess the obvious reasons i and others would have for wanting this apart from probably the most important, because we can and should be able to in this day and age, i mean we see the sun in a limited way from soho but something far more interesting and magnificent like our own planet isn't even shown in such a way, also as far as i've seen soho doesn't show the sun in its natural full light range, they have a few limited ranges like x-ray, infrared etc, why no real visible light, same goes for most mars images as well i believe?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
this is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

please direct your comments to that thread as this one is now closed.

top topics

join