It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the shadows: Longtime CIA spy unmasks for retirement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Out of the shadows: Longtime CIA spy unmasks for retirement

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - One of the CIA's top spooks has come out of the shadows.

With little fanfare, Jose Rodriguez, who heads the National Clandestine Service, had his cover lifted about a month ago. CIA spokesman Mark Mansfield said the driving factor was his interest in publicly participating in minority recruitment events. He's also retiring later this year after more than three decades with the agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You always wonder how many peopel are CIA or not. We lived in then Yugoslavia from 1976 to almost 1980. At the time (heck i was a kid) there was this nice husband and wife team that ran an American "friendship" bookstore in the town we lived in called Skopje. They hated whenever us ex-pats stopped by as they wanted it open for the locals. They traveled alot and he developed his own film as a hobby. He was also fluent in Sero-Croation. Looking back its pretty clear they had "other" jobs than just taking care of the library.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sort of a bold move. I guess it depends on what you did - but it can be sort of like drawing a target on your back. And your family's.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Really interesting thought, we could have spies among us in the real world. Anyone around us.

Just makes me wonder, are said spies sent among us to watch -US-? Or to be employed by certain companies of interest to watch them? Implanted into certain neighbourhoods to report back on happenings in that community or watch certain households?

I am not ignorant.. Just learning.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Really interesting thought, we could have spies among us in the real world. Anyone around us.

Just makes me wonder, are said spies sent among us to watch -US-?

Why do you think I'm a member of this site??

MUHAHHAHAHAH

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Why do you think I'm a member of this site??

MUHAHHAHAHAH

Fair enough. :-) Never doubted people keeping an eye on everything said here. LOL More along the lines, of neighbours sent to spy on neighbours, etc.
This site just makes it too easy...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What is the National Clandestine Agency? what do theye do? and he sounds a very very important person so why post his name?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
What is the National Clandestine Agency? what do theye do? and he sounds a very very important person so why post his name?

I think its a typo there, it should have been NCS; National Clandestine Service.
It is a US agency which has been created as a response to the failture of sharing of important intelligence between the agencies and the goverment after 9/11. As far as I know it only handles HUMINT. It looks like its made up of all the HUMINT departures of the government-agencies and military.
You can read more about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Let's hope Joze also writes a book about his service at the DOO.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Kenny_NOR]

top topics

join