It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was fired for what happened on 9/11 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In my country the minister for foreign affairs had to resign because he failed to tell the public in time when some journalists were taken hostage in Iraq, they were rescued , but he still lost his post just for not telling in time.

In Japan the minister of transportation resigned because a few trains were a few minutes late. No dead people, but he resigned.

9/11 was not the first time planes went of the course. There are written manuals with instructions for what to do in that case.
If the reason for 9/11 was incompetence tell me who was fired ?
3000 dead and not 1 incompetent fired ?

I would see like something very normal for some army guy being fired for organizing too many exercise missions and leaving America defenseless, easy prey for any arab with a passenger plane
Just fired, not killed not in prison, just "go wash the floors, you are no longer a general"

[edit on 6-8-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nobody, I think some people got promoted or resigned as in retired or something.

I dont recall anyone getting fired.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As far as i can tell, no one was fired. The people from NORAD involved were promoted and given awards (even though NORAD failed to intercept a plane in restricted airspace).

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No one got fired except the ones that spoke out and contradicted the "official story"

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04
No one got fired except the ones that spoke out and contradicted the "official story"

Yeah, in this case at least Kevin Ryan was fired from UL for criticizing NIST's hypothesis during their investigation, and Sibel Edmonds was fired from the FBI for asking about superiors ignoring warnings. Those are only two that I'm personally aware of. I wouldn't say Steven Jones was fired from BYU, but that's effectively what happened to him, too, when he was forced to retire early even though he had tenure as a professor of physics at this major university.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
No one got fired. . .except the people who were not fortunate enough
to make it out of the building in time.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, strange isn't it? Nobody is fired for incompetence and in some cases rewarded for said incompetence.
Makes a sane people wonder, and an insane person shrug their shoulders and say, "s**t happens, nothing we can do about it. Give me a beer... American Idols comes on the 2 minutes!".

Anyway Bsbray, I appreciate seeing you responding on one of my OP's earlier. I've been "lurking around" ATS now for about 2 years but just registered a few weeks ago. I think you and Griff's knowledge are very valuable and I always look forward to seeing your calm, straight forward, truthful interpretation of what really happened that day presented in a non-biased manner. Like yourself, I just want the truth.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This point was one of the most important ones in switching me from a support the president, kick raghead butt sort of person to a paid up member of the hangem' high community. I remembered the story of the kooky German student who stole a Piper Cub and flew it into (then) Soviet airspace ultimately landing in Red Square. Good prank. Fun for everyone.

Except the Russian military high command didn't see it that way. They fired the general in charge of defending Soviet airspace.

In looking at the differences between how 9/11 and the Russian situation were handled it might be tempting to conclude, "Aww, that's just the Americans, man, they're just party animals and don't take this war stuff seriously. So 3000 New Yorkers were killed in the attack on 9/11, no biggie. No need to ruffle anyone's eagle feathers."

But you and I know that's not the case. Only one alternative explanation. The fix was in. The military guys were doing what they were supposed to do. 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Who was fired for what happened on 9/11 ?

Probably more that few financial advisors for not getting in on the put options that day. Could have made a mint for a few ma and pa investors, instead of for those who are super rich to begin with.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I say that everybody did their job and some were even promoted, because they did their job so well and allowed 9/11 to happen.
If it was not incompetence - people got promoted, and it was not an inside job what was it then ?
The US army was no match for the terrorists ?
That is incompetence, nobody even apologized.

1999:
www.washingtonpost.com...

the Learjet was shadowed by Air Force and Air National Guard jet fighters, whose pilots reported that the aircraft's windows were frosted over, suggesting that it had lost pressurization

2001 July:
www.dtic.mil...
The document revoked the default standing orders to shoot down errant or hijacked aircraft and instructed them instead to stand down until they were given orders by the President, Vice President or Secretary of Defense.
Rumsfeld put a third party in between the ATC and the Air Defense Controller responsible for scrambling interceptors —the Pentagon.

No incompetence or poor planning or helping the terrorists here, move along

[edit on 7-8-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If ANYONE had been singled out trhey would have raised hell enough to get an inquiry going, and that is one thing that the Bush cabal did NOT want under any circumstances. No one is held responsible because then ALL of the guilty parties would have been scrutinized.

The orders came from the top down, no mistakes were made; it went off exactly, or almost exactly, as planned. In America, we do NOT hold elected parties responsible for anything; it always get blamed way dowen the line to the lowest possible player to stop it from moving upwards.

The fact is that Cheney and his cohorts managed to pull 9-11 off and keep any real investigation from happening; the 9-11 Commission is a bad joke and was NOT supposed to place blame on anyone, they said that from the get go. It was just a way to keep the people from realizing that a coup has taken place by the neocons and corporate Nazis that rule us.

Americans are mostly dumb about what goes on and unconcerned about anything but American Idol and their paychecks and getting by each day. politics is for the other guy..as a nation we are really sadly ignorant of the state of affairs and such.

the fact that most Americans that graduate colege cannot find most major countries on a map and have no idea who is in charge of their lioves says a lot. We are weak and lazy and trusting to the point of madness. It is stupid but true: Americans believe that the Govt. is really made up of good guys looking out for the best interests of the people, when in fact the exact opposite is true. Shameful.

Europeans are way ahead of us in current events and politics and such; we are what happens when the people allow the ' leaders ' to rule us without any input from the nation at all. Most Americans have no idea who their representatives are or how to contact them, MOST of us do NOT know even the most basic facts about the reality we live in. We have been told over and over that we are right and we are powerful and we are the best and blah blah blah..all of the nonsense.

Some day we will reap the rewards for our laziness and lack of concern; we are seeing the start of it now.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I hate to say this and I fight against it every day that I am on this forum, but I think that if America does not arrest and try those responsible for 9/11, and I'm not talking about bin Laden here, then it will rot from within. It will look like one of those nice apples that you see sometimes, pretty on the outside and a mess of decay on the inside.

I think that eventually, if the present trend line continues, America will be a military dictatorship with inconsequential democratic trappings. Just look at the way the Patriot Act was passed. Hardly any representatives even read it. The Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I hate to say this and I fight against it every day that I am on this forum, but I think that if America does not arrest and try those responsible for 9/11, and I'm not talking about bin Laden here, then it will rot from within. It will look like one of those nice apples that you see sometimes, pretty on the outside and a mess of decay on the inside.

I think that eventually, if the present trend line continues, America will be a military dictatorship with inconsequential democratic trappings. Just look at the way the Patriot Act was passed. Hardly any representatives even read it. The Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves.

The founding fathers aren't just spinning in their graves, they are trying to get out of those graves so they can make a statement and commit suicide by self induced skeletal hanging.

The problem here in America is that people don't understand or feel history. AMericans really do think that nothing "bad" can happen to them. It's like living in a dream world and everything they see in the papers and tv news is "somewhere else", it doesn't effect them because THEIR life is "reality" and everything else that happens is somewhere really far, far away. Iraq might as well be in another universe to them.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
9/11 wasn't an accident, it was all planned. You should be asking, "Who got promoted?"

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I hate to say this and I fight against it every day that I am on this forum, but I think that if America does not arrest and try those responsible for 9/11, and I'm not talking about bin Laden here, then it will rot from within.

It's already gone past this. Lessee... Enemy combatants, habeas corpus removed, warrantless wire taps, seizure of property on suspicion of drug involvement (no due process), and so on. Our Constitution has not only been raped, it has been gutted while its lifeless body is hung on a stick in front of us, like a carrot before a horse, to drive our patriotic fervor.

And War on something has been the modus operandi for getting us to believe we need to abandon the content, if not the icon, of the Constitution.

Which leaves us with...an empty icon.

When Net Neutrality goes, expect the Ministry of Truth. Orwell's 1984 cometh and is far closer than those who are focused on that body-on-a-stick can see.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How about if everybody starts listing the people who were responsible and the grounds they should be fired. How about we be specific instead of making vague claims.

And BTW, Kevin Ryan was not fired for speaking out against NIST. And his lawsuit to prove that was just thrown out of court on account that it was groundless. He was also warned that he could be fined in the future if he makes any future misrepresentations.

In other words he got caught lying.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The story of Mathias Rust's incursion into Soviet airspace and subsequent landing near Red Square in Moscow makes interesting reading in light of the 9/11 air traffic related incidents. The link to the Wikipedia article is here. It is particularly interesting to note that Soviet fighters did intercept his airplane, did request permission to engage it and were refused permission. There were other foul-ups that occurred as the plane penetrated further and further into airspace under the protection of the Soviet military.

en.wikipedia.org...

The following quote from that article illustrates the type and scope of the firings of Soviet Ministry of Defense officials and military officers. As the quote makes clear there were ulterior political motives involved, but I am sure concern over the very fact of the violation of secured airspace was also a factor.

A few days after the landing, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev replaced the defense minister Sergei Sokolov and anti-air defense commander Alexander Koldunov, a former World War II fighter ace (both of whom were opposed to glasnost and perestroika)[citation needed] with men who supported his policies. More than 2,000 officers (again, most of whom were opposed to Gorbachev's reform)[citation needed] lost their jobs. Although the military leadership's actions were consistent with prescribed policy,[citation needed] Gorbachev used this as a pretext[citation needed] to replace the leadership of the previously fiercely conservative and anti-reform military.

All in all a complex situation subject to numerous interpretations. However the story does suggest who might have been considered for dismissal by the Bush administration.

Added personal note: For some unknown reason I am not able to log on as ipsedixit. I tried obtaining a new password several times to no avail. This is undoubtedly some computer related glitch connected to the recent meltdown and reinstallment of my OS. I have contacted ATS about the situation and presumably this situation will be fixed soon. Until then I will be posting as dipsy_stixit. I realize most people couldn't care less but I don't want to be accused of creating a misleading alter ego on the forum for untoward purposes.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'd just like to mention that the Director of the CIA at the time, George Tenant, was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and Condoleeza Rice, then National Security Advisor, became Sec. of State.

Medals and promotions and passing the Buck.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And was forced to resign shortly after getting the award.

top topics

join