It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution necessary to change government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The government of the US has been taken over by a war machine that operates from somewhere else. These guys call the shots and they have taken away the constitution with the Military Commissions Act, the Patriot Act and other Presidential executive orders. Tomorrow, you could be in jail and snuffed out and no-one would know because the government is no longer transparent.

If anyone things a violent revolution can succeed, I think you first have to realize that you created a military industrial complex that has all the sophisticated weapons that are mind boggling. There is therefore only one way to get our point of view into their thick skulls. That is through a passive revolution of ideas.

First of all, we must take back our government. Second of all, we must take back our constittution. Third, we must follow the rule of law. And 4th we must get rid of all the lobbyists. Then, we must try all corrupt politicians, organizations, and when found guilty, put them up to a firing squad and kill them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree with about everything except for that killing them part.

Jail time is much better.

A lot of people seem to be deer in headlights over the revolution.

What do I do ?
Whom do I call ?
What should I say ?

Just do something, anything (legal of course).

Tell a friend, inform a neighbor, tell someone at work.

Spread the gospel.

Never give up.

Those who control us got us all divided and conquered.

There is only one real struggle : those with power vs those without. Not democrats vs republicans, not one race or religion vs another. It's the abusers vs the abused and we got them way out numbered.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
discomfit:

The idea of trying someone at a court is sensible. But, the death penalty, although gruesome, is the best way to deal with a lot of these criminals.

It is said in the Michael Moore Movie, SICKO, that there were people involved in the death of others because the HMO's wanted to deny as many policies as possible. So, Michael Moore showed a variety of sad but true deaths arising from people who were insured but for some idiotic reason were denied coverage. Then a couple of doctors went before congress and admitted they were responsible for the deaths of thousands of patients.

In THIRST, A book about Stockton Water Supply covered later by Democracy Now by Amy Goodman, a company privatized the water system but refused to do anything to provide good clean water. They did not have the money to clean it up and to certify it. How many people died because it was privatize is the fault of the city government that allowed itself to be bought. The water was the peoples but when sleezy investors decided they could make money by buying the water supply, they corrupted the government officials who took the bribes. As a result, the people were put at risk and some died. If they had a firing squad for the government, how much would that have done the next time arouund?

It seems cruel, but in China, the head of their Food and Drug administration took bribes that caused the deaths of countless thousands. They put him on a firing line and shot him. It was really too good for him but the story is over and everyone can start anew.

We need to do this to all of our Senators and Congressmen and military officers and work down to local government and shoot them all after they have been found guilty of corruption.

Look at all the people who died because Libby wanted the head of Valerie Plame or Wilson?

A few good shootings could turn it all around.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The problem with shooting people is that they can easily be turned into heros and icons for their movements.

It's much better to whip them viciously in the realm of ideas or let the courts handle them if they've committed illegal activities.

A dead man becomes a man of myth who's stories get told over dinner. His stories go on to inspire thousands and millions. Then years later when all the history books have been re-written again he becomes a fully fledged hero, a super man of sorts.

A jailed man, a man found guilty by his peers, a man denied early release by the justice system, a man denied his appeals because the evidence against him is simply too strong is no ones hero.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I want to remind you that we live in America not china. Our society differs, and I personally don't think that the death penalty for these people are right.

And yes we need a revolution, but, come on?

A peaceful revolution, will never work. Face it, we are screwed. There is no fighting the corruption of the American government. They have thousands brainwashed to follow them blindly, and never question what's going on. They out number those who take the time to look at whats going on in the world around them.

I have hope for the future, but then again, only because I don't want to accept the ignorance of my fellow man.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, good plan, captain. We'll get right to it.

Let's shoot everyone! Yeah, firing squad, yeah! Kill them all! Everyone!

Or maybe that's insane.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They speak silently amongst themselves- but not only are they not willing to mention the "government" if you do they roll their eyes and change the subject.

JUST HOW DO YOU GET TO THESE PEOPLE???

You cant. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm a nut. How can i possibly beleive anything about a NWO or any such thing???? I've heard it all.

How, do i get thru to even my family? They dont seem to care.
How do i get thru to friends? They just pass me off as an amusing person who beleives things that are not true- but they love me ANYWAYS.

Think about it- and i know you people know i am telling it the way it is. People dont want to hear uncomfortable news, news that may alter their lives, news that seem so unbeleivable. They dont want to hear anything "unpleasant".

So how do we get through to them?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's easy to get down about our current situation but look at the history of things. Many men smarted than BushCo have attempted similar things and all have failed.

The powerful and corrupt (I know, it's repetitive) always fail at controlling the masses yet they continue to try, encouraged by their temporary victories.

Society will never fully fall victim to the grasp of the powerful elite, it's simply not in the cards (statistically speaking).

Our inaction* inspires them.

*In the realm of ideas and political capital.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound crazy here but the only way to really end corruption has to include death, violence. A peaceful revolution would fall on deaf ears.

And also, no point in doing something peacefully, and then in the end slaughtering everyone who you deem to be corrupt. If you want a peaceful revolution, stick to the peaceful part.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by norbin]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
To those who think writing, negotiating or running a peaceful revolution is a good idea, it's not. It wont work, your government has things this far already. Everything is in control by this administration, and the longer you wait, the option of violence becomes more obvious for the picking. Your choice.

That is, if someone else has a better option.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, if that's what it takes, then we need a revolution.

What's worse, waiting everyday for the "big one to drop" or finally having the cojones to go out there and demand a change????

I say everyone should revolt.

I'm sick of this. There's no hope at all - all hope is gone. Another administration will just follow in the same footsteps.

ENOUGH.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
WAKE UP

If you use violence you become the "terrorist" and you end up in prison or dead.

Lot of good you'll do there.

Violence is not the answer.

The only revolution is the revolution of ideas.

You can not end an ideology by killing the leader ! You'll only inspire the followers !

Do you realize that by saying violence is the answer the FBI could come in and shut down this entire forum, seize the servers and find the real identity of most of its members ?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A violent revolution won't achieve anything. Those who oppose the government aren't much better. All we'll achieve is new masters - only this time, they won't have to follow the constitution and our system of government. And that is a very dangerous thing.

Right now, our best options are through political and educational means.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am not advocating VIOLENCE. I do, however feel like we as a people should do something and be heard.

Either that or just take what they dish out to us and TAKE IT AND LIVE WITH IT-OR DIE WITH IT.

Not many choices, are there?

If you complain, you're a wuss for not doing anything. If you want to do something PEACEFUL then you are a terrorist.

So, lets stop bitching and moaning and just take whatever the powers that be throw our way.

Just shut up and wait for our demise.

Right?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the poster above you (Mammoth) and anyone else who has notions of a violent revolution.

Even if that type of revolution were the only way it shouldn't be discussed here cause like I said, the FBI will come seize the servers, they will determine the identities of those involved, there will be criminal proceedings. You'd most likely be in jail before you ever picked up your (insert weapon of choice here).

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Think of all the people who died because Bush wanted to screw the people of New Orleans. Think of all the people who died when cheney exposed Valerie Plame and all her contacts were thus exposed. Think of all the people who die when a drug company hides results but refuses to take the drug off the market.Think of all the people who die in Iraq because our senators and congressman vote, not their conscience, but they vote because a lobbyist wants their vote and buys it with concessions or bribes.

The chinese FDA chief that killed all those people because he was corrupt...it's not ok to shoot him but if some guy has a beef with his wife and knocks her off; the death penalty is too good for him? Where is the sense to that? Oh! We're here in America. We are not chinese.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the poster above you (Mammoth) and anyone else who has notions of a violent revolution.

Even if that type of revolution were the only way it shouldn't be discussed here cause like I said, the FBI will come seize the servers, they will determine the identities of those involved, there will be criminal proceedings. You'd most likely be in jail before you ever picked up your (insert weapon of choice here).

On the contrary, i'm all against violence. It's not my country, so it's not up to me to decide what choice of action is best for you. From my point of view it seems that alot of your rights are taken away slowly. I'm saying that if things are progressing too slowly on your part, the truth-movement, then your efforts are in vain. Ignorance in these days is dangerous, people exploit it. I said that if any other idea is there for the picking, do tell so.

But if you do nothing, and things become like a country-wide prison for you, what will you do? Letting your rights and freedoms slip away?

What i said in my first post was out of the impression that so far, until now, nothing good has happened while using the revolution of 'ideas'. Maybe it needs more time? If you act hard now in peace, there will be no need to resort to violence when it's too late, that was my point. Sorry that it didn't come over well in the first place.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Mammoth]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Mammoth]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomtrotsky
Think of all the people who died because Bush wanted to screw the people of New Orleans.

Yeah, I'm sure he was laughing and twirling his moustache when he decided to KILL THEM ALL!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The violence is coming, but from external forces. I don't think China and Russia are going to accept the New World Order quietly. Before they bow down they will fight, and the giant policeman of the NWO is us. A day is coming soon when all major U.S. coastal cities will be gone. Oddly enough that will end those who have most readily accepted the brainwashing foisted upon them by government controlled, schools and media. Reducing us to the stone age, also reduces some of their greatest tools of tyranny. After that the real fight begins....

top topics

join