It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Introduce Censure Resolutions Aimed at Bush, Cheney and Gonzales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Democrats Introduce Censure Resolutions Aimed at Bush, Cheney and Gonzales

news.yahoo.com

Democrats have introduced resolutions in the House and Senate that would censure President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales.

“Congress cannot stay silent when the American people are demanding that this administration be held accountable for its blatant misconduct regarding Iraq and its attack on the rule of law,” Feingold said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's About Time!!!

I'm very interested to see where this goes... if anywhere at all.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh this wont go anywhere.

Americans want them impeached and not give them 20 lashes with a wet noodle and let them go on

Its ridiculous. They must be laughing their butts off at the White House.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I had high hopes for the Democrats, but it seems that its the same old political crap. I suspected as much from Pelosi and the rest of them, but hoped for more.

The GOP learned this lesson the hard way when they tried to impeach Clinton.

I agree dgtempe, the WH is busting a gut over this one. 08 was the Dems to lose and it looks like theya re going out of thier way to find a way to do so.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hopefully this will be the last straw for the American people.

By and large we have a 1 party system : rich fat white guys.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I agree Fred I also had big hopes for congress to take care of the Bush administration and bring back the will of the people.

But so far congress has done nothing but a whole bunch of empty threats and wasted promises.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This won't go anywhere. Remember those in power protect each other, even across party lines.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its an abomination.

What are we, stupid??? Honestly. We must be if we have let all of the goings on of the past years transpire under the pretense of "protecting the country"

What we need is a civil war- and i mean everyone take to the streets in a peaceful way and DEMAND these people be impeached NOW.

Its going to take riots everywhere, unfortunatly. I never wanted to say it out in the open, but its going to take the entire population of the United States to go out there and scream from every rooftop!!!!!

I dont see any other remedy- The Democrats, the idiots, fools, unpatriotic puppets have the same agenda as the nuts at the White House NOW.

I am an American and i demand a change- darn it.

Oh i'm so mad i could.....spit.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I agree Dg, we the people need to get up of our big fat butts and demand change.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

.... the WH is busting a gut over this one. 08 was the Dems to lose and it looks like theya re going out of thier way to find a way to do so.

Just wait till the Petraus report that is more optimistic then the Democrats will want rather than the other way and reccomends keeping troop levels the same. What if the Surge is moderately successful even with limited data, what will the Democrats do with that?

They will lose a good part of the conservative Democrat side if they still push for full withdrawal. They will be put in a very hard spot by their left wing. It will be either, please the left wing in the primaries or lose the general election. The Democrats need the war in Iraq to be the major campaign theme, without it they don't have much in the way of what they are "for".

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok, I'm just curious, what exactly does Censuring him do?

As for impeachment, well the Democrats know they don't have enough support in the
Senate for impeachment, so it would be futile, it's better just to do as much as
possible that you can do than try to do something you know you can't do.

I support the decisions the Democrats have made.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, I'm just curious, what exactly does Censuring him do?

You ever get slapped on your wrist? That's your answer. It means nothing at all.
I cant wait to see how many take to the voting booths (should that event happen again) next time and who they (pardon me while i laugh :lol
vote for.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

....what exactly does Censuring him do?

Censure

1 : a judgment involving condemnation
2 archaic : OPINION, JUDGMENT
3 : the act of blaming or condemning sternly
4 : an official reprimand

We need to hold them to it. If "we're" going to "reprimand" him/them... then we'd better do it. This Administration (on all three fronts) is all to aware of the constant "bluffing" (IMO) that Congress continues.

How can we, or they, or anyone hold this Administration accountable.... if no one will actually hold them accountable?

As for impeachment, well the Democrats know they don't have enough support in the Senate for impeachment, so it would be futile, it's better just to do as much as possible that you can do than try to do something you know you can't do.

What needs to happen, is each and every single American citizen put an end to the "apathy" issue and take initiative and become involved in the political realm. This Nation was built by "We, the People"... and it is "We, the People" that need to do something about it.

If we were all to take a stand... they'd have no choice but to listen. I guarantee you that. Of course, nothing will happen. Not nearly enough people will take action.

[edit on 8/6/2007 by Infoholic]

top topics

join