It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Strange Minds We Have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have read many of times on ATS about people who notice certain numbers etc etc

Today i have had one of the strangest days of my life. It does not involve numbers it instead revolves around the word "OREGON". I have seen this word in the strangest places today a total of 15 times (So far and counting)

This word today has come out of the most unexpected places ie opening a book at any page and there in the middle of the page was the word "OREGON" as if screaming at me to see it. I have never paid any attention before to the word or place Oregon but today it is firmly in my head. Infact my 5 year old son just asked me to turn on his little V-Tech type computer and as i switched it on upon the screen read "OREGON TECHNOLOGY" I have seen it on a taxi, On a internal business publication, even on a pen that i picked up out of a bowl with literally dozens of pens in. It was the only pen of its type in the bowl.

Why does this happen? What makes the human mind draw so much to one number or word all of a sudden?

I usually pay little attention to threads about reoccuring numbers etc but today has me freaked out to say the least, Especially after 15 times in one day.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I suppose becuae you notice patterns easier when you think in hindsight.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
These incidents havent been noticed by looking back in hindsight though they have been noticed real time as i was looking at it. Infact it became quite funny at first to keep seeing this word just popping up in the strangest of places. It was like "Yeah Oregon, I get the hint now leave me alone" After seeing it in about 5 places this morning i opened a work publication and almost anticipated the word to be there when i flicked through to the next page and sure as hell as soon as the page turned my eyes locked onto it half way down the page in like a milisecond. It wasnt even in bold or a different colour it was the same as the rest of the text????????????

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Look into the word syncronicity. I notice this too, and we always hear that the elite are into numbers and there meanings that give events energy or power, and special meanings.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Perhaps its a the sub-concious part of your brain moving your eyes to what it thinks you want to see, to perpetuate the notion of some mysterious meaning behind the repition of an otherwise ordinary word? As in, the power of suggestion?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
Perhaps its a the sub-concious part of your brain moving your eyes to what it thinks you want to see, to perpetuate the notion of some mysterious meaning behind the repition of an otherwise ordinary word? As in, the power of suggestion?

That it could well be and that fascinates me even more that before you even have time to recognise the picture word etc your mind has already unbeknown to you scanned the page and picked the word out in literally milliseconds

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

Originally posted by prototism

That it could well be and that fascinates me even more that before you even have time to recognise the picture word etc your mind has already unbeknown to you scanned the page and picked the word out in literally milliseconds

Yep thats weird. They say the subconscience sees everything in your view, but you only see what your conscience wants, if you know what i mean. Thats why they have a ticker on the news, you may not be aware that you subconscience may be picking up that while you are focused on the news reader.

new topics

top topics

join