It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

levitation thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i just want to know if it has ever happened to anyone, either spontaneously or through conscious effort and if so what was the sensation like, how long did it last, and how high/far did you go. and has anyone ever heard of a experiment where someone was hypnotically induced into levitation, i know i read that somewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Levitation is the hardest form of telekinesis. You actually have to lift the object. I myself have attempted it through effort, only resulting in major headache. So no, I have not experience levitation. Although at some points, when just trying to move an object, it has jumped a little.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but one night I woke up and my lamp was floating. I know I wasn't imagining it because as soon as I noticed it, it fell to the ground and broke.
I'm not sure if it was my subconscious or a ghost type entity, but it has never happened again.

-Will

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a lot of dreams where I'm practising levitation. In the dreams I have to do a short run, jump up, and land in the air in a sitting position and WILL myself not to land. It takes a lot of brain power to keep in the air but it feels great. I'm tempted to try it for real but know I'll most likely crash to the ground and break a hip or something. lol. I'll stick to the dream version.For more info. look up the Brazilian Carmine Mirabelli, Joseph of Cupertino, Nina Kulagina, and Daniel Dunglas Home.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I haven't had any experience of levitation (unfortunately) but when I was younger I could sort of do the oppsosite.

When in primary school I used to be able to 'stick' myself to the floor by imagining that I was very heavy. Then I would challange other kids to pick me up which they could never do. They couldn't get my feet off the floor at all.

I can't explain it, and at the time, being a child it was just a cool trick which i could use to show off. I was and still am a thin person and must have actually weighed quite little at the time.

I guess it could be explained with suggestion, ie. the idea that the other kids couldn't pick me up stopped them sub-consciously. maybe.

sorry if that was a little off-topic

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
not at all, come on guys i know there are more of you out there

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
the only thing that comes to mind is when i was in little league i was an out fielder and i had thrown the ball back towards 2nd base who wasn't looking and i cringed because it was going to hit him behind the head. the ball slowed during descent and stopped briefly and dropped finally without reaching the kid. i remember the feeling of trying to undo what i had done my entire body tightened and my stomach felt very weird. so weird i can still recall the unique feeling now that as i write this it gives me goose bumps. i threw that ball up and out and it arched into the air and was coming down at an angle for my team mate before slowing down stopping and then finally falling straight down and laying there behind him. it should have hit him or if it missed it should have bounced harder and rolled ahead not just plop and stay.
i've also experienced the reverse like the other guy said. i had a friend who's little brother could make himself heavier. not a very big kid and we used to fool around with him and his little friends by throwing them in the pool, but when he would do this little trick" by the way i out weighed this kid by atleast 60 lbs" i couldnt move him. i thought it was funny and would always laugh it off but a part of me was always freaked out by it. i still don't know how he did it but since i moved out from home many years ago i havn't kept in contact with those old friends so i don't know what hes up to these days or if he can still do the trick.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There's already a recent thread on levitation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, it's a major topic, maybe keeping it combined somewhat will help with sharing information.

STM

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
but guys i have also heard that people have been induced into levitation hypnotically, has anyone else heard about this?

top topics

join