It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four College Students Shot Execution-Style in N.J.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Four College Students Shot Execution-Style in N.J.

www.foxnews.com

Three of the young people had been ordered to line up against a wall on the weedy steps behind an elementary school and were shot to death from close range. A fourth was found alive by police slumped near a set of bleachers about 30 feet away, with gunshot and knife wounds to her head.

They were good kids," Dow said, adding that none had criminal records and went to the lot behind Mount Vernon School Saturday night to hang out and listen to music.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Can't really find any more about this right now, but execution style? That's horrible. How could someone possibly do that, kill kids lined up against a wall?

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

A woman, Ofemi Hightower, and two men, Terrance Aeriel and Deshawn Harvey, were killed in Newark New Jersey. Mr Aeriel's 19-year-old sister, Natasha, was in fair condition at a hospital today.
Advert for scotsman.com's football briefing

Detectives yesterday said all four were shot in the head at close range at Mount Vernon School.

www.newszap.com...

“The facts that they were a part of the DSU family and were striving to earn a degree, create a bright future for themselves and become solid contributors to society, makes this violent act especially tragic and senseless,” he said.

But while we're on this, don't forget what's happening elsewhere:

Suicide blast kills 19 children in Iraq,
It seems everyone tunes out as soon as they see 'Iraq' in the title.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
First thing that came to mind was drug deal gone wrong. I don't care if they were "good kids". So was I, and I did plenty of drugs when I was 16-18 years old. I had no police record and knew not to mess with dealers I didn't know personally.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is very disturbing. The fact that they were shot execution style makes it all the more messed up. I wonder if there is more to this story than is being let out?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I suppose we'll have a better idea of what happened when Natasha wakes up and starts talking. This is completely nuts though.

I hope to hear more about this soon

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Im guessing it was a drug deal gone bad.

Newark has been going through a huge crime wave in recent years due to a variety of factors:

1) Very high poverty levels. Newark is one of the poorest parts of the US.
2) Newark PD and Essex County Sheriff's Office are very small and poorly funded.

Newark Police Department - 1,314 sworn officers and and 236 civilian employees
Essex County Sheriff's Office - 421 sworn officers and 78 civilian employees

Thats 1,735 cops for over 800,000 people.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They could tell something bad was about to go down, they were texting each other that they should leave. They must have sensed the impending danger. Either way, very messed up.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
would this be the same mount vernon school mentioned in these 4 recent news stories....

school scheme to admit your crimes

teacher dies at funeral due to unknown reason

student beaten severely inside school library

and an ominous...

assassins play at school

if so, there may be something more going on down there

[edit on 6-8-2007 by justyc]

top topics

join