It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to all militant aethiest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
soldier, how is this passage not misogynistic?

1 Corinthians

11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
11:8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

it's applying a different standard to women than to men, one that is far harsher, and it says that women are created for men. "woman is the glory of the man" but man is the glory of god...
god > man > woman....

not misogyny?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm moving into college this week (WOOO HOOO YES!!!!!), so I won't be able to follow up on this mini-debate for a couple of days. Hope everyone had a nice summer, I sure did! I'll be back with a retort in a few days.

In the meantime, madness, look up the definition of the word misogyny.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
In the meantime, madness, look up the definition of the word misogyny.

off the top of my head: prejudice against women

the statement "men > women" = misogyny.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here, I've got it:

mi·sog·y·ny (mĭ-sŏj'ə-nē) pronunciation
n.

Hatred of women: “Every organized patriarchal religion works overtime to contribute its own brand of misogyny” (Robin Morgan).

According to the Bible, women are chattel to be owned and may not have their own autonomy. That's pretty misogynistic to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

yes dont be pissed when someone bags on your religion you have to admit theat there is plenty of ammo in chritianity, people use it to do horrible things, but some of us cants see past that to the fact that at the very least faith brings hope and a sence of belonging.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
but some of us cants see past that to the fact that at the very least faith brings hope and a sence of belonging.

yes, and so do cults and gang membership, but nobody sings the praises of joining a gang around here, do they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join